Goodbye Jesus

Question For Non-Christians: Did You Know?

Guest SteveBennett

Just googling around and apparently Ron Wyatt claimed to have found the actual blood of Christ.

http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2006/06/30/ron-wyatt-collosal-fraud/

What a hoot!

A debunking of the Ron Wyatt "chariot wheel"

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/2008/05/coming-this-fall-exodus-conspiracy-dr.html

Yeah one wants to think Wyatt is / has been one huge Poe lmao_99.gif

More likely, the Jews invaded Canaan and justified it by claiming that god sent them. Their military success was OBVIOUSLY due to god's help.

good points, slave! I add only that from what I've read, I get the impression that many ancient historians believe the whole story is part of a "founding myth" or the like to justify political/religious structures of a much later period. I think the take in academia is that there never was an invasion of Canaan by the Hebrews; they were merely one group that coalesced around making one of many Canaanite gods their god (Yahweh) and then later presenting the other gods as simply not existing. This happened long after the period when the invasion was supposed to have taken place.

Steven DiMattei has a lot on this on his website, to which srd44 called our attention a month or so ago.

http://contradictionsinthebible.com/

------------edited to add:

Ravenstar already covered the above point in #42. Apologies, Ravenstar!

No apology necessary. What the Ugarit texts and others show is not that the monotheistic movement DENIED the existence of other gods, but that Yahweh was the 'top dog'. Replacing the Canaanite El (As Baal did for the Canaanites). FYI 'Baal' is a title actually, not a proper name - though it came to be later. Baal means, essentially "Master, or Lord".

Baal is the obvious target for Yahweh in the Bible.. really didn't like the guy, I suspect because he was the primary competition. Baal was symbolized by the Bull (calf, whatever) so that makes sense. He was a fertility god.

Steve, STOP making new threads and deal with the ones that you started.

Well if there was any more need to demonstrate that this one is just another morontheist... as soon as any opposition appears, RUN. So typical... and so pathetic. :lmao:

Bump

I'd hate to see this thread get lost since it hasn't really been addressed yet.

As stated by others in the many threads started by the OP, there are many glaring problems with the bible that have to be addressed before I would even consider the "minor" details that the OP appears to be fixated upon. OP, you will need to clarify the talking snakes, anthropomorphic burning bushes, the flooding of the entire Earth and the zombie pandemics before I can take the bible seriously enough to even consider it's more provincial inconsistencies.

• Super Moderator

As stated by others in the many threads started by the OP, there are many glaring problems with the bible that have to be addressed before I would even consider the "minor" details that the OP appears to be fixated upon. OP, you will need to clarify the talking snakes, anthropomorphic burning bushes, the flooding of the entire Earth and the zombie pandemics before I can take the bible seriously enough to even consider it's more provincial inconsistencies.

You will note that I started a thread devoted to allowing stevebennett the opportunity to present his evidence in support of the validity of the bible.  Naturally, he has yet to respond.

Yeah, I've watched the many threads evolve and I just kept thinking, the OP is desperately trying to prove such an inconsequential point when we could be talking about zombies and anthropomorphic donkeys.

• Like 2

ZOMBIES   YEAH!

It reminds me of this, where Ravenstar is Magnus Carlsen and SteveBennett is Bill Gates.

The only difference is that Bill Gates was gracious and didn't go running off the stage a minute into the minute and 19 second match.

Ravenstar, you rock!

• Like 1

You guys are way TOO kind (google and I have a thing, shhhhhh)… and I'm NO Magnus Carlsen.

But hugs anyways!!!