Goodbye Jesus

25% Of Americans Think The Sun Revolves Around The Earth...

Guest Marty

WHO are these people? And how did they manage to miss something so freaking obvious?

These people must be so extreme in their religious fundamentalism that they think science is evil and wrong, so they refuse to believe anything other than what they were taught by their religious teachers as truth.

You hit the nail on the head. When one truly believes in the inerrancy of the Bible - they can't allow themselves to see things any other way. I know, I am still married to one and it's always a major point of contention so we tend to avoid it. So very frustrating~!!

The sun does revolve around the earth, and the earth is fixed and immovable. You can read all about it here:

http://www.fixedearth.com

Glory!

I thought everyone had seen, or even made, something like this in grade school. Was I in the last class that was taught anything?

attachicon.gifSolar-System-Mobile_sm.jpg

Perhaps many of those who answered were home schooled.

Brother jeff, first of all, love the profile pic! But wow, that website is pretty scary! To think that we live in a world where there is still this much ignorance in developed countries is horrifying. But when religion is always taught to be more reliable than science, I guess this is what we should expect. And maybe sdelsoray! I doubt that they learned it from a public school, at least I hope not!

• Like 1

My 4 year old knows the Earth orbits the Sun. He's pretty sharp for his age, but jebus.

The sun does revolve around the earth, and the earth is fixed and immovable. You can read all about it here:

http://www.fixedearth.com

Glory!

That site hurts my eyes (and my brain).

• Like 1

All I can gather from all of this, and related threads here on ex-C, is that there is no proof of what revolves around what. None whatsoever. Who cares what 25% of anyone believes, if there is no proof?

Aw come on you've been here for long enough to know there's never 100 % proof in sound science. From all we know about the observable universe the only reasonable conclusion is that, while technically both orbital bodies revolve around each other, in the real world the sun is almost immmovable compared to the earth. ;)

• Like 1

Brother jeff, first of all, love the profile pic!

Bless the Lard, Brother! I love it too! Glory! :)