Goodbye Jesus

A Christian Framework

Wololo

The whole premise/ title of the thread was a mistake, "Christian Framework". Everyone here knows exactly what a Xtian framework is, it doesn't require explanation.

knew it would get interesting when W said that Ravenstar needed to go learn some ancient history.

Like a kid pokin' a hornet's nest!

Heh I love your ignorance. Keep it up. I'm entertained. See you tomorrow.

As expected, this one has devolved into hubris with a side salad of narcissism.

• Like 1

As I observed earlier, the closer to home we get, the more hostile you get.

• Like 1

Wololo,

Lion's Den can be tough to keep up with, especially if you make lots of posts.  I will say I'm a little disturbed by your statement about democracy and your scoffing at the notion that Jefferson was a deist.  However, I can tell from chatting with you yesterday that you are sincere and not trolling.  I hope we/they haven't scared you away!  I'm happy to discuss these things with you via PM with you if you are up for it.

Due to having something enormous to respond to, I'm going to stop other conversations everywhere on the forum. Not only do I have to get to sleep earlier tonight due to my schedule, but I don't have the time to make a massive response and keep up other conversations. Those are going to have to be dropped for now. Maybe I'll get back to them. You can expect a response either tonight in the next 4 hours or so, or else it's going to be more like 20, as I get up early for work tomorrow.

Instead of just posting the work of someone else though, I'll actually take the time to make my own arguments and put them into my words.

Yes because I live in my mother's basement with nothing better to do than discuss religion with strong opposition. I don't have time for a half dozen threads.

wololo:

said he needs to sleep earlier due to his schedule and still replying more than two hours after..........

insomnia is a bitch.  No judgement here.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

regarding Ravenstar's post:

1.  clap

2.  stand

3.  clap some more

thanks.gif

4. bow in reverent awe before the goddess.

BnAjcVkCcAASz9R.jpg

• Like 2

Due to having something enormous to respond to, I'm going to stop other conversations everywhere on the forum. Not only do I have to get to sleep earlier tonight due to my schedule, but I don't have the time to make a massive response and keep up other conversations. Those are going to have to be dropped for now. Maybe I'll get back to them. You can expect a response either tonight in the next 4 hours or so, or else it's going to be more like 20, as I get up early for work tomorrow.

Instead of just posting the work of someone else though, I'll actually take the time to make my own arguments and put them into my words.

Yes because I live in my mother's basement with nothing better to do than discuss religion with strong opposition. I don't have time for a half dozen threads.

wololo:

said he needs to sleep earlier due to his schedule and still replying more than two hours after..........

Well, most christians have some sort of similar excuse once they realize they don't have a leg to stand on here.  Don't they all get "super busy" and "promise I'll be back tomorrow to answer all your questions" etc etc etc?

I love how when wololo uses sources he hides them because it's somehow better for the discussion.

When Ravenstar gives credit where due like a proper scholar, he treats her like it's intellectual laziness.

Then he complains about our "ignorance" which either means that he doesn't know what that word means or (again) doesn't understand how knowledge works.

My prediction: we're all about to experience a WHOOOOOOOOOLE lot of confirmation bias.

• Like 1

*crickets*

Is is too early to start an "Epitaph for Wololo" thread? Should we be playing taps? 

jesus.gif

Wololo:

I suggest you get your ideas into a more coherent form and maybe post it in the Colosseum for a reasoned discussion. If you are up to it. 

Bear in mind that some of us have 40 years in Christianity and other philosophy studies.

Hi, I didn't leave. I'm just formulating a post. I like how much of a mess things became when I showed up. I'm good at chaos...not so good at organization. I hope to post a proper response later tonight.

For those that are interested in reading things that may be more coherent than me, run a search for "Radical Orthodoxy" and you will find my framework. It's not quite identical.

Note: I need to formulate something as coherent and organized as possible, so it's going to take a little bit. I don't have the luxury of websites where I can copy-paste their arguments. So we'll see. I'm here though >.<

Hi, I didn't leave. I'm just formulating a post. I like how much of a mess things became when I showed up. 

Attention seeker.

Hi, I didn't leave. I'm just formulating a post. I like how much of a mess things became when I showed up. 

Attention seeker.

You guys were asking about me. Thinking I was gone. Be quiet.

Attention seeker.

You guys were asking about me. Thinking I was gone. Be quiet.

PMSL.  If you concentrated on providing answers to our questions instead of reacting defensively whenever your feelings are hurt, you'd get a little bit more respect than you are currently getting.  You're not some great theologian and we're not hanging on your every word.   

rad·i·cal

ˈradikəl/

adjective

adjective: radical

1. 1.
    (especially of change or action) relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough.

or·tho·dox

ˈôrTHəˌdäks/

adjective

adjective: orthodox; adjective: Orthodox

1. 1.
    (of a person or their views, especially religious or political ones, or other beliefs or practices) conforming to what is generally or traditionally accepted as right or true; established and approved.

Definition of Oxymoron
Oxymoron, plural oxymora, is a figure of speech in which two opposite ideas are joined to create an effect. The common oxymoron phrase is a combination of an adjective proceeded by a noun with contrasting meanings e.g. “cruel kindness” or “living death”. However, the contrasting words/phrases are not always glued together. The contrasting ideas may be spaced out in a sentence e.g. “In order to lead, you must walk behind.”

Difference between Oxymoron and Paradox
It is important to understand the difference between a paradox and an oxymoron. A paradox may consist of a sentence or even a group of sentences. An oxymoron, on the other hand, is a combination of two contradictory or opposite words. A paradox seems contradictory to the general truth but it does contain an implied truth. An oxymoron, however, may produce a dramatic effect but does not make sense. Examples of oxymoron are found both in casual conversations and in literature.

• Like 1

rad·i·cal

ˈradikəl/

adjective

adjective: radical

1. 1.

(especially of change or action) relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough.

or·tho·dox

ˈôrTHəˌdäks/

adjective

adjective: orthodox; adjective: Orthodox

1. 1.

(of a person or their views, especially religious or political ones, or other beliefs or practices) conforming to what is generally or traditionally accepted as right or true; established and approved.

Definition of Oxymoron

Oxymoron, plural oxymora, is a figure of speech in which two opposite ideas are joined to create an effect. The common oxymoron phrase is a combination of an adjective proceeded by a noun with contrasting meanings e.g. “cruel kindness” or “living death”. However, the contrasting words/phrases are not always glued together. The contrasting ideas may be spaced out in a sentence e.g. “In order to lead, you must walk behind.”

Difference between Oxymoron and Paradox

It is important to understand the difference between a paradox and an oxymoron. A paradox may consist of a sentence or even a group of sentences. An oxymoron, on the other hand, is a combination of two contradictory or opposite words. A paradox seems contradictory to the general truth but it does contain an implied truth. An oxymoron, however, may produce a dramatic effect but does not make sense. Examples of oxymoron are found both in casual conversations and in literature.

Merriam-Webster defines it as such:

RADICAL:

1:  of, relating to, or proceeding from a root: as

(1) :  of or growing from the root of a plant <radicaltubers> (2) :  growing from the base of a stem, from a rootlike stem, or from a stem that does not rise above the ground <radical leaves>

b :  of, relating to, or constituting a linguistic root

c :  of or relating to a mathematical root

d :  designed to remove the root of a disease or all diseased and potentially diseased tissue <radical surgery> <radicalmastectomy>
:  of or relating to the origin :  fundamental

Radical, meaning fundamental. Orthodox referring to the fact that it is based on the beliefs of the original Church fathers.

You'd think the people that named it would know a thing or two about what they were calling it.

Wololo, I'll help. There is no way out of this one from the perspective of faith.

You need to think about the logic and reason of the post you're replying to, The out is actually quite simple, but it's a matter of logic, not faith. Maybe the Collsseum isn't a bad idea. Or even the Arena.

Wololo's perspective on xianity reminds me of the last 10 years or so of my own xianity, when I tried everything I could to make the cognitive dissonance calm down in my head.  I was looking for a xianity that I could make to fit me.  Church history had it all wrong, if we could just get back to basics, back to what Jesus said, before the church confused the message and loaded it up with politics and tradition.  But in the end I just couldn't make it fit.

It's really quite simple. Radical Orthodoxy is about a complete return to the fundamental beliefs of the early Church fathers, which is as close to original Christianity as possible. You speak with complete ignorance about the work that these theologians have done, and I say that because you dismiss it off-handedly. Your search may have come up empty handed, but not everyone ends up there. Some of us have found how it fits together.

QUOTE . You speak with complete ignorance about the work that these theologians have done, END QUOTE

What theologians? You said it was stripped down to "early church fathers".

My question is still:

So what?