Goodbye Jesus

Funny Pics Thread Three

Discern

Could someone explain to me why everyone hates Nickleback so much? They had a couple songs I liked. I don't get it!

i-had-it-in-like-2-minutes-i-swear_c_610

Eh, so I guess I'm a pre-scooler :P

Could someone explain to me why everyone hates Nickleback so much? They had a couple songs I liked. I don't get it!

The same reasons people grew to dislike Vanilla Ice in the 90s. Mostly because they're so mediocre and commercialized. They are the epitome of lukewarm, watered down ballad rock and sellout culture in music. After a while it just sort of became a joke that transcended the actual band and their tepid music and just became a meme.

The band is fine with it and often plays along or pokes back at the haters. It's elevated them further into pop culture than any of their music ever would have, just like "Rick Rolling" made and kept Rick Astley relevant decades after he had faded into obscurity. They're actually quite lucky to have been the band this Meme attached too as they likely would be pretty obscure and largely unknown today otherwise.

The band has essentially become the musical equivalent of this:

"All these critics, they're just tireless. They keep ragging on the band. If they had stopped writing all this stuff about us, there would be no controversy left in the band and we probably would have died out years ago. They don't know that they're still responsible for us being around today." -Chad Kroeger Frontman for Nickleback

We do know Chad, and that's the joke.

The same reasons people grew to dislike Vanilla Ice in the 90s. Mostly because they're so mediocre and commercialized. They are the epitome of lukewarm, watered down ballad rock and sellout culture in music. After a while it just sort of became a joke that transcended the actual band and their tepid music and just became a meme.

The band is fine with it and often plays along or pokes back at the haters. It's elevated them further into pop culture than any of their music ever would have, just like "Rick Rolling" made and kept Rick Astley relevant decades after he had faded into obscurity. They're actually quite lucky to have been the band this Meme attached too as they likely would be pretty obscure and largely unknown today otherwise.

The band has essentially become the musical equivalent of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAg1r6zw7Bg

"All these critics, they're just tireless. They keep ragging on the band. If they had stopped writing all this stuff about us, there would be no controversy left in the band and we probably would have died out years ago. They don't know that they're still responsible for us being around today." -Chad Kroeger Frontman for Nickleback

We do know Chad, and that's the joke.

Thanks for illuminating that. Pretty funny they pick on Nickleback now that we have all these purely commercialized, completely talentless music "artists" now such as Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift.

every-day-is-a-fine-day-for-science_c_57

• Like 1

UtYy6G9.jpg

jesus-christ_c_1755857.jpg

1291693.jpg

• Like 1