A44lKfL.png

11008143_1701753476728169_616942299_n.jp

iKOADRA.jpg

• Like 1

iKOADRA.jpg

Well played sir...

Well played indeed.

fails-014-11112015.jpg

This actually makes sense because Canadian Whisky is a style of whisky. It's a multi-grain whiskey that uses a lot of corn and a small amount of Rye. It also tends to be lighter in color and less harsh than other Whisky. Canadian Whisky and Rye Whisky are interchangeable terms for the style of spirit.

In case anyone is wondering, Whisky and Whiskey are not the same thing so the label on the bottle is not misspelled. Whisky indicates a Scotch or spirit brewed in the same style, where as Whiskey is an American or Irish style spirits. This is an important distinction because Scotsmen and Irishmen will fight you over it. Americans tend to not give much of a shit either way.

I tend to prefer a good Irish whiskey over Scotch generally. Bushmill's in particular. I actually like the 16 year over the 21 year, not that I'd turn the 21 down. I have a Scottish friend who calls it "That crap ya drink tha tastes like s'mone drank a fifth of turpentine an then shat it outa their arse instead a pissin it inta the bottle an then pissed in it anyweh fer good measure! I'd rather pour lighter fluid on a pony's ball sack an lick it off than drink tha crap!"

My Canadian friend says "Sorry, I just don't care much for that Irish stuff. It's a bit too harsh for me. I hope you don't mind if I pass. Sorry.. I brought some Moulson's with me. Sorry."

I don't hate Canadian Whisky, but if I'm going to drink Whisky, I tend to prefer a real Scotch Single Malt. Never cared for blends, not so much that I'd turn down an offer, but if I'm buying it's McCallan 18 year single malt. That's expensive, but I'm a quality over quantity kind of guy when it comes to alcohol, and I drink infrequently enough that a bottle of the good stuff will last me a while. I keep a small bottle around for when the mood for Scotch hits me, which isn't frequent. My current bottle is a fifth that is about nine months old and only around half gone. That'll probably last me another two goes assuming I drink it on my own.

Anyway, the picture makes perfect sense and nothing is wrong there.

I prefer a good Scotch Single Malt to any other spirit that goes under the name of Whisk(e)y. I thought Whiskey only was a thing across the pond though, and that the Irish adhered to the same spelling as the Scottish, so thanks for the lesson. Around here, Canadian Whisky is usually the cheapest and crappiest of all whiskys so I don't know of any good ones.

This ad, despite turning out to be correct, reminds me of an old Scandinavian one for microwave pizza that was around when I was a kid: "Authentic Italian Pizza. From Norway!"

Mind you, it wasn't even Italian style pizza, but American thick-crust pizza! =/

Oh, and here's my submission to this thread:

screw-the-fish.jpg

engrish.com is a veritable treasure chest

ug1hFth.png

• Like 3

UWw8zPY.jpg

a-list-of-the-best-names-of-actual-resta

• Like 1

Music playlist for when someone you hate dies...

evil-chill_o_6242449.jpg

be-sure-to-have-money-in-your-drawer-if-