Goodbye Jesus

Ironhorse Not Answered Your Questions? Put Them Here For All To See.

bornagainathiest

I'm giving this thread a bump so that perhaps IH will see it and realize that he has many questions that he still has not addressed.

Also, I wanted to include the following here on this thread so that all can see that his "reasoning" for not addressing the questions listed in this thread.

First.

If something is currently unknown in science, it stays unknown until the data comes in.  If the data never comes in, then it stays unknown.  It's status as unknown isn't an invitation for you to draw a religious conclusion about it.  That is not science - that is faith.

Second.

Why can't I draw a religious conclusion based on a great unknown? My conclusion is not based on science but faith. 

Lawrence Krauss never proceeds by faith in his cosmological arguments - even though you allege that he does.  He draws logical conclusions, based upon the data... just as other cosmologists do.  That is not faith - that is science.

Again, I never alleged Krauss proceeds by faith in his scientific studies. He has drawn logical conclusions in many areas based on data. I said that in the interview when discussing the big question on "where matter come from" he said the data ends and it's pure speculation. He was honest enough to say he doesn't really know. He has an idea it might involve a parallel universe but I remember he laughed and said even with that the question is where did it come from. My idea is that God created is just that my idea. I have placed my faith this is correct. 

Last.

I see that you have both the time and inclination to contribute to this thread. 

But you don't have the time and the inclination to honor your promise and answer those outstanding questions that I've collated for you and repeatedly asked you (politely) to respond to.  So... thank you for once again demonstrating how untrustworthy you really are.

Again, I have stated before I am trying to answer every question. What I cannot do is keep repeating my answers over and over because some here refuse to accept them for what they are, my answers. I'm not asking you to agree with me. Some are not unwilling to agree with anything I post. 

Your dishonesty is noted by all reading this.

I don't know what others will think.

And so we wait:

Fugazi!!!!  Are you a Minor Threat fan, perchance?

Ironhorse:

I get that you make your decisions about being a Christian based on faith.

My big question is "Why exactly do you hang out on Ex-C?"

I think he answered that one some time ago. His answer was something like being here for the dialogue and discussion, which doesn't really answer the question. Maybe it was something about understanding non-believers better or something.

I've heard other Xtians say that on here, and I don't believe it for one minute.

Ironhorse:

I get that you make your decisions about being a Christian based on faith.

My big question is "Why exactly do you hang out on Ex-C?"

I think he answered that one some time ago. His answer was something like being here for the dialogue and discussion, which doesn't really answer the question. Maybe it was something about understanding non-believers better or something.

I've heard other Xtians say that on here, and I don't believe it for one minute.

Yep! I may be wrong but I think it's one of two things. They are either here to proselytize (highly likely), or they have significant doubts and are trying to validate their beliefs by hopefully winning arguments with a few non-believers (also highly likely). The former probably occurs more than the later.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one to add:

Orbit, on 12 Sept 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:snapback.png

The geology/zoology of the story is impossible. (see my posts)
The morality of the story is reprehensible.

The internal logic of the story is flawed (see mm above)

What's left? #betweentheverses

IH this thread has thoroughly and completely shot down the ark story. You are having to make stuff up to make sense of it.

Doesn't this tell you something? I'd like to hear your thoughts.