Goodbye Jesus

Does anyone really know?

Guest acorn

Yes, Eponymic, you've clarified your reasoning for me.  It's as reasonable, to me, as it would be for a TV viewer to pillory "THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW" because that viewer had been made to suffer through the spin-off episodes of "PHYLLIS."

And Phyllis didn't even ever try to kill Mary for refusing to accept that the spin-off was the "perfection" of the original series.

Indeed, that's Christianity for ya. :wicked:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pitchu

• Eponymic

• Reach

• IAm_Lucifer

Indeed, that's Christianity for ya.  :wicked:

:shrug: Fergit it.

:shrug: Fergit it.

Figured that might be the case.

A profound mistake people of faith often make is assuming that one's sense of self; the "consciousness" for want of a better term is somehow entirely removed from biological process, when it is in fact a direct by-product thereof. When the biological and chemical processes that constitute thought and perception stop, so too does the notion of "self". That is why corpses don't get up and walk around.

Guest Slayer-2004
Humor me, what are there afterlife beliefs. Id like to know, seriously.

Congratulations . You have unknowingly just admitted that you are full of shit . By admitting that you dont know jack squat about other religions you admit that you dont really know why your religion is true either and that you simply converted because it was what was around to fill the gaps of your comsic knowledge . So much for the Autoenlightenmentforn00bs that is supposedly handed out to you once you accept the holy spirit .

Predestiny, MM -- that must be it. God wanted me as an awful example.

(I just got lucky, I guess.)

There alot of "theology" educated people on this site, so I wanted to get there opinions. But, we know how that goes, just like educated people in this world, if you dont fit in then you dont get a response. Kinda like the scribes and the carpenter boy named Jesus.

I'll rescue you from your trip down martyr lane and help answer the question I think you were really asking, which is, "What does the Bible have to say about the afterlife."

There are a few different visions of what happens after death within the texts of the Bible.

1) The old testament word gehenna refers to the grave. Jews in those days believed death was it, just as orthodox Jews of today do. i.e., there is no afterlife.

2) The Gospel writers and Paul took on the perspective of the afterlife from their own culture - Greek. This is why Hades is mentioned by name as is the pit of Tarsus. These are not used metaphorically, but literally, which is obvious from the context.

3) Revelation brings forth the idea of singing praises endlessly to god for heaven, and indicates that hell is not eternal, as both death and hell are cast into the lake of fire (i.e., totally destroyed).

Regarding the 50+ people raised from the dead, why don't you just track some of them down and ask them for yourself what happens after death?

Guest Slayer-2004
I would add freedom of thought and an actual moral code to that list.

Acorn , thou religion hath been pwned .

you crack me up i love you! :wicked:

:thanks: