Goodbye Jesus

Grace Is The Knowledge Of Inseparability, And Of Us.

FreeThinkerNZ

Since your faith is subjective (you answered both which means saying it is subjective is correct), it is faulty. Yes or no.

It is unique and incomplete.

Faulty seems relative

• Super Moderator

Yes, because we are not omniscient or have the ability to gain complete objectivity, then our only choice is faith....

False.  We could choose to strive toward the ability to be completely objective.  You've argued that because someone predicted a measurement before science was able to actually measure it, the same principle could apply to god.  Could it not also apply to complete objectivity?

Yes, because we are not omniscient or have the ability to gain complete objectivity, then our only choice is faith....

False.  We could choose to strive toward the ability to be completely objective.  You've argued that because someone predicted a measurement before science was able to actually measure it, the same principle could apply to god.  Could it not also apply to complete objectivity?

yes it could and BAA has already asked that. The answer I gave was, from my experience, I can't even fathom science having the ability.

• Super Moderator

I challenge any of you to explain to me how, from and objective standpoint, we may define ourselves other than subjective.

Triple dog dare.

Make it good and sciency...I like sciency..

Not some chicken shit dodge. Real explanations peeps.

You already asked us to give you ideas and you're still ignoring mine.  Don't start your little "truth or dare" game until you've addressed what you've already asked for and received.

Looked like poetry to me. You write well.

That's how you treat the very idea you asked for?  Is it because you didn't really understand what I wrote?  Or did you understand it but don't want to have to admit that it is true?

Seriously End3, you can be incredibly shallow sometimes.  I don't mean that as an attack, just one friend's observation of another.

I challenge any of you to explain to me how, from and objective standpoint, we may define ourselves other than subjective.

Triple dog dare.

Oh just fuck off already.  This is past boring.

Triple dog dare.

You already asked us to give you ideas and you're still ignoring mine.  Don't start your little "truth or dare" game until you've addressed what you've already asked for and received.

Looked like poetry to me. You write well.

That's how you treat the very idea you asked for?  Is it because you didn't really understand what I wrote?  Or did you understand it but don't want to have to admit that it is true?

Seriously End3, you can be incredibly shallow sometimes.  I don't mean that as an attack, just one friend's observation of another.

I don't have a problem with it Prof. I used to hunt birds without issue. Now I don't because I really don't like to kill them unless I know they will be eaten. I'm with you but it violates my personal definitions.

• Super Moderator

This has to be one of the longest "Go Nowhere" threads ever. Are you still having fun or just posting out of boredom by now?

This has to be one of the longest "Go Nowhere" threads ever. Are you still having fun or just posting out of boredom by now?

SL and I are visiting. Prof is hanging in. NZ is being typically rude. I'm ok.

Since your faith is subjective (you answered both which means saying it is subjective is correct), it is faulty. Yes or no.

Faulty seems relative

You are avoiding the question. Again, since your faith is subjective, it is faulty. Yes or no. This is based on your definition of subjective. Keep this in mind.

Triple dog dare.

Oh just fuck off already.  This is past boring.

I knew you couldn't answer because you were a girl....lol. Checkmate sister.

Faulty seems relative

BTW, unique also means subjective, which in turn per your definition is faulty.

• Super Moderator

I don't have a problem with it Prof. I used to hunt birds without issue. Now I don't because I really don't like to kill them unless I know they will be eaten. I'm with you but it violates my personal definitions.

There's the crux of it.  You are unwilling to admit that objective reality exists because to open yourself up to being able to see, understand, interact with, and be awed by, that objective reality "violates" your pre-conceived notions, prejudices, perceptions, and, ultimately "violates" your subjective beliefs (faith).

What are you so afraid of, End3?  Why are you so unwilling to give up your personal definitions?  You could see the beauty in what I wrote, the poetry of it.  Why are you so scared to see the beautiful poetry of the objective reality around you?

Faulty seems relative

You are avoiding the question. Again, since your faith is subjective, it is faulty. Yes or no. This is based on your definition of subjective. Keep this in mind.

Faulty with respect to what, perfect. Yes, I'm not perfect by my subjective standards.

• Super Moderator

Has there ever been an End3 thread that actually went somewhere?  I'd consider believing in miracles again if you could direct me to one.

• Like 1

There's the crux of it.  You are unwilling to admit that objective reality exists because to open yourself up to being able to see, understand, interact with, and be awed by, that objective reality "violates" your pre-conceived notions, prejudices, perceptions, and, ultimately "violates" your subjective beliefs (faith).

What are you so afraid of, End3?  Why are you so unwilling to give up your personal definitions?  You could see the beauty in what I wrote, the poetry of it.  Why are you so scared to see the beautiful poetry of the objective reality around you?

That's a good point that brings my issues to the surface. It's personal to me but I might PM you.

Has there ever been an End3 thread that actually went somewhere?  I'd consider believing in miracles again if you could direct me to one.

Yes, but through a relationship, we end up knowing each other...and would probably share a beer if it were offered. Not much closer to God than that in my book. That's my point. So it's not lost.

• Super Moderator

That's a good point that brings my issues to the surface. It's personal to me but I might PM you.

Feel free, brother; feel free.

Faulty seems relative

Faulty with respect to what, perfect. Yes, I'm not perfect by my subjective standards.

You are smarter than that. You are dodging my question here. We are not talking about you, we are talking about your faith.

Again, since your faith is subjective, it is faulty. Yes or no. This is based on your definition of subjective. Keep this in mind.

• Super Moderator

This one's just incredibly long!

Faulty seems relative

You are smarter than that. You are dodging my question here. We are not talking about you, we are talking about your faith.

Again, since your faith is subjective, it is faulty. Yes or no. This is based on your definition of subjective. Keep this in mind.

We don't really know do we. What standard are YOU using?

Faulty seems relative

We are using your standard, your definition. Anything that a human perceives is subjective, because it is subjective then it is faulty.

So, please answer the question.

Since your faith is subjective, it is faulty. Yes or no.

This is pointless.

Wondering what this thread is about?

About 32 pages too long, at this point!

Faulty seems relative

We are using your standard, your definition. Anything that a human perceives is subjective, because it is subjective then it is faulty.

So, please answer the question.

Since your faith is subjective, it is faulty. Yes or no.

Very truthfully, I use Jesus as the Standard. I doubt I comprehend what Christ does and by that, yes, even my faith is faulty.

So, it was subjective (your definition of subjective). Yes or no.

yes

So, since your experience of seeing god through chemistry and physics is subjective, it is faulty (based on your definition of subjective). Yes or no.

Yes for two reasons...one, it's still my perception. Two, science doesn't have the ability do totally define objective. This doesn't mean that we can't adhere to practicing objectivity.

The objective is that which continues to exist after you stop perceiving it. Mountains are there even when you aren't looking at them.