Goodbye Jesus

Subjective Morality: A Case In Point

TheRedneckProfessor

Could we all discuss God's loving morality and Hosea 13:16?

"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open."

God's loving revenge. Praise Jesus for ripping open pregnant women!

• Like 1

To be fair folks, I don't think A1 actually meant to make the argument he has.

More likely, he's remembered reading a Christian apologetic argument that absolves Yahweh of the moral evil of genocide.

He's tried to articulate that argument here - unsuccessfully.  If so, it'll be interesting to see if he's got the integrity to fess up to his failure.  

Something like...?

"Yes.  I got it wrong.  I didn't mean to argue that Yahweh and Hitler are on a par, morally and ethically.  That god is just as evil as the Nazis for ordering the genocide of the Amalekites.  That knowledge of the future doesn't justify the killing of anyone, let alone babes and children.  That ALL power doesn't make anyone good and moral - not even god."

Time will tell.

Thanks,

BAA.

To be fair folks, I don't think A1 actually meant to make the argument he has.

More likely, he's remembered reading a Christian apologetic argument that absolves Yahweh of the moral evil of genocide.

He's tried to articulate that argument here - unsuccessfully.  If so, it'll be interesting to see if he's got the integrity to fess up to his failure.  

Something like...?

"Yes.  I got it wrong.  I didn't mean to argue that Yahweh and Hitler are on a par, morally and ethically.  That god is just as evil as the Nazis for ordering the genocide of the Amalekites.  That knowledge of the future doesn't justify the killing of anyone, let alone babes and children.  That ALL power doesn't make anyone good and moral - not even god."

Time will tell.

Thanks,

BAA.

True, however it isn't just A1.  Most Christian apologists do not like the true consequences of their own arguments.  They are trying to make a rug that is 3 feet by 3 feet fit wall to wall in a room that is 5 feet wide and 5 feet long.  They can pull the rug to one corner and it fits.  But when they pull the rug to the next corner the first corner is no longer covered.  They can move that run around any way they want but it will never be large enough to cover the whole floor.

• Like 1

A 3 by 3 rug in their 5 by 5 house of cards...bahaha.