Goodbye Jesus

Non-Religious Cults – Radical Gender Movement And New Feminism

sorenG

Ah yes, by that definition it makes sense :)

My condolences to you. I am not a father by any means but I'm trying to put myself in your situation. You're watching your daughter, someone you've raised since infancy get consumed by a perverse ideology.

Regarding to what she thinks about Islam, I've observed something in the west as a whole. The cult of feminism (and the broader religion of social justice) places humanity into a hierarchy that goes as follows (from top to bottom):

1. Muslims

2. White (Feminist) Women

3. Blacks

4. LGBT

5. Other Minorities

6. Straight White Males

I'll give you some examples. Muslims can pretty much do whatever they want. From what I'm seeing in Europe, they rape, pillage, and riot with impunity while maintaining supreme victim status. White women (the group that makes up the bulk of feminists) never dare to bring this fact up. It's as if they deffer to Islam (an ideology that is the antithesis of what they stand for). White feminists still have the power to ruin the reputation of someone further down the list. I can go on and on till I get to the group that everyone shits on, the straight white male (better known as the devil to the fem cult).

Unfortunately, you're at the bottom of her worldview. I really hope that she grows out of this. As was mentioned before, the human brain doesn't really finish developing until the mid 20s.

I've noticed this too, except I would have suggested that feminists place blacks in the first or second position (ex. BLM recently protested at a Pride parade and was appeased). White feminists also seem very vocal about the existence of white privilege.

• Super Moderator

"You can't judge an entire group of people based on a few bad apples... except for white males; they're all misogynistic, racist, privileged asshats.  It's okay to judge them."

/end sarcasm

• Like 4

There are women in third world countries who have to use newspaper for their periods because they don't have anything better. There's a reason it's called feminine hygiene; people will go to extremes to stop from bleeding everywhere even if it means using harmful methods.

• Like 1

"You can't judge an entire group of people based on a few bad apples... except for white males; they're all misogynistic, racist, privileged asshats.  It's okay to judge them."

/end sarcasm

Heh, well as I said in the other thread, it's your own fault. Not you specifically, of course, but I grew up around whites, went to your schools, and absorbed your culture, and I must say that you guys seem to have a penchant for absorbing guilt for the crimes of your ancestors. And I don't mean this in a "whites, don't be so hard on yourselves" spirit. White guilt actively hurts me. Thanks to white guilt and the labeling of white males as misogynistic, racist, and privileged, affirmative action policies have been constructed which make it much harder for qualified white males to secure positions at top universities and in industry, whilst your black and/or female counterparts are often handed such good fortunes despite substandard credentials (for those who don't believe me, please peruse www.mdapplicants.com to see how the medical profession treats this issue). And here's the problem: I as an Asian Indian male am lumped in with you, not with women or blacks. Were I born a black woman, I may have been able to stay on the tenure track after grad school. Alas, I have to work twice as hard to get half as far. My only solace is that I'm getting paid more than my advisor. But between us professors, I think you and I both know that's a small comfort.

Seriously, it's time to end this white guilt. Far from hurting just whites, your people are once again causing a lot of collateral damage.

• Like 2

/end sarcasm

Heh, well as I said in the other thread, it's your own fault. Not you specifically, of course, but I grew up around whites, went to your schools, and absorbed your culture, and I must say that you guys seem to have a penchant for absorbing guilt for the crimes of your ancestors. And I don't mean this in a "whites, don't be so hard on yourselves" spirit. White guilt actively hurts me. Thanks to white guilt and the labeling of white males as misogynistic, racist, and privileged, affirmative action policies have been constructed which make it much harder for qualified white males to secure positions at top universities and in industry, whilst your black and/or female counterparts are often handed such good fortunes despite substandard credentials (for those who don't believe me, please peruse www.mdapplicants.com to see how the medical profession treats this issue). And here's the problem: I as an Asian Indian male am lumped in with you, not with women or blacks. Were I born a black woman, I may have been able to stay on the tenure track after grad school. Alas, I have to work twice as hard to get half as far. My only solace is that I'm getting paid more than my advisor. But between us professors, I think you and I both know that's a small comfort.

Seriously, it's time to end this white guilt. Far from hurting just whites, your people are once again causing a lot of collateral damage.

If we resist the white guilt, we will be accused of being racist. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't, then? How do you envision we "end this white guilt"?

If we resist the white guilt, we will be accused of being racist. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't, then? How do you envision we "end this white guilt"?

Believe it or not, the very fact that you acknowledge this is encouraging to me. As you say, when whites even suggest that they are not guilty of being oppressors, they are accused of being racist. More than that, they are accused of being uneducated, susceptible to conservative Christian groupthink, and of being Fox News viewers. While I can't comment on two of these accusations, I know by virtue of the fact that you post here that you are not a Christian. Yet I detect that you probably do not regard yourself as guilty of contributing to racism. Thank you for that, I believe this recognition is the beginning of the solution. And the fact that no one on this liberal, secular forum embraces white guilt suggests to me that fewer whites embrace that vile narrative than is commonly known. I hate to echo Donald Trump's claim of the existence of a "silent majority," but if the shoe fits...

In any case, you asked for a solution. I'm no expert, but I believe I know enough to make at least one recommendation. Don't be part of the problem. If you are ever in a position with your employer/university/etc. to take part in hiring decisions, please don't practice affirmative action. Don't hire the black guy or the woman unless the black guy or woman is the best candidate. Surely you cannot be punished for acting in your employer's best interest and hiring the best people. I would never advocate for racism or sexism, on the contrary I'm advocating for race and sex blind decision-making. On those occasions when I'm asked to comment on hiring decisions, I do my best to ignore race and sex completely. Sometimes the person I recommend is a protected minority, but usually it's a white guy for the simple mathematical fact that whites make up the bulk of the population, and therefore the applicant pool. White guilt is responsible for people receiving opportunities that they did not legitimately earn, and this isn't fair. It isn't "reverse" racism, it is simply racism, and it needs to stop. Referring to affirmative action as racism or sexism will surely cause you to accused of being a racist/sexist yourself, but I find that it's surprisingly easy to simply refuse taking part in this horrible system, as long as I don't comment on my intentions. All I am advocating for is always selecting the best candidates; surely level-headed people like ourselves can see that I am not suggesting any untoward actions here.

I understand the frustration on your part, and honestly I feel it too given the authoritarian nature of white regressive liberals. Especially after the events of this weekend across the country, it seems to me that the oppressor narrative peddled by these people is unstoppable. They have conquered our universities, the very centers of intellectual thought and free exchange of ideas. If you can't speak freely at a university, I honestly don't know where you can speak freely. I likewise don't know what to do about this hijacking of American history, but I can tell you that if affirmative action is allowed to fester in America, it will lead to a degeneration of our economic prosperity unlike anything we have ever seen. How do I know this? My parents emigrated out of India in the 70s because India practices a far more severe form of affirmative action. Universities and government employers establish numerical quotas based on varnas (i.e. "castes"). People who have the misfortune of being born in a Brahmin family have little chance of securing a seat at a university, regardless of their academic successes. That's why so many of them come here and attend your universities. That's why all the Indian economic superstars you read about live and work outside of India. Sundar Pichai, Satya Nadella, and every Indian celebrity physician you ever saw on TV all live here, not there. India has become a black hole of failures, and I attribute it largely to the affirmative action system there. My parents emigrated to America in order to be rewarded for hard work, but if American affirmative action is expanded, I have no idea where else unprotected ethnic groups like ours can go.

RealityCheck,

I like your Hierarchy, but I see it sligthly different, at least in Denmark.

I think the "victim list" should be in this priority:

1. Females (sorry, persons...) with an alternative gender other than Lesbian. You are very cool right now, if you define yourself as asexual (one might say that asexual "is the new black", pun intended),

2. Lesbian persons

3. White feminist women

4. Gay persons

5. Other minorities, including blacks and muslim

Not wictims:

6. White heterosexual males

Muslims are largely ignored here by the feminist movement, except when it is needed to tell the world that they are not suppressed, and why the deserve a low spot on the list.

Soreng

• Super Moderator

/end sarcasm

Bhim,

My previous comment wasn't directed at you; my apologies if it seemed to be so.  As it stands, however, I agree with what you have said in response.  Currently, not only am I the only white male in the lab in which I work, I am also the only white person, period... and I'm only there as a temporary contractor.  All of the permanent, full-time lab positions are held by minorities.  Outside of the lab, we do have a white male sitting in the director's chair; but every position between the director and the lab (asst. director, project managers, project leaders) are all held by white females.  

It took me nearly a year to find this position, after being laid off by my previous employers, despite having a stellar CV which features a 4.0 GPA and is supported by several glowing referrals, both academic and professional.  I'm not complaining; I do get to get my hands on some pretty awesome science (I've been tapped for an upcoming clinical trial on a potential new HIV treatment).  But I also don't doubt that race and gender have played a role in my current situation.

Thanks,

TRP

• 3 weeks later...

Given that bunches of people bow down to BLM no matter what they do and let themselves be pushed around, even at a Pride parade, and that they keep talking about white privilege, I'd say the hierarchy goes: PoC, women, gay people, trans people, and Muslims are in there somewhere.

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but as it fits well into the (sad and sick) topic of this thread... and as Athena has poked me a bit about it :blink: ... I'd like to remind everyone in here of her great blog about the failings of contemporary "3rd wave feminism" :fdevil:

Linky

• Like 1

To Bhim: you're making too much sense. I think I love you. 

Regarding to what she thinks about Islam, I've observed something in the west as a whole.  The cult of feminism (and the broader religion of social justice) places humanity into a hierarchy that goes as follows (from top to bottom):

1.  Muslims 

2.  White (Feminist) Women

3.  Blacks

4.  LGBT

5.  Other Minorities

6.  Straight White Males

Gotta love the progressive stack. It's not even a strawman, it's what they actually believe. In order to create justice everyone is grouped based on how oppressed the average member is perceived to be, and then retroactive penalties/rewards are assigned based on which group you belong to. If you belong to a group lower on the totem pole but have had a difficult life for personal reasons, well that's just tough suck it up. Other people in your "group" are better off so you should still feel guilty and give higher groups a chance!

It's amazingly ironic. In their attempts to attain justice for minorities, they have created a system of justice that only works for the majority.

The regressive left deserves a special place in history as one of the stupidest ideologies to ever grace the Earth.

• Like 1

I'm still in awe that much of what is taught in gender studies programs meets academic muster. Every single argument I've seen coming from this group is logically flawed and/or built on data mining the statistics. 

Taboo I guess. It would be easy to debunk all that stuff but maybe as an academic your career would be a trainwreck as soon as you even annouce you want to check that stuff.

To Bhim: you're making too much sense. I think I love you.

Heh, it's mutual. And I direct that to all like minded people here. I've felt a need to talk about this cultural obsession with race ever since I was caught in a BLM mob riot a few weeks ago, and I'm glad to see that so many have similar concerns.

If I may put my objection succinctly: I understand that slavery and Jim Crow are evil, and I agree. What I don't understand is the following. If your dad didn't get to walk into government buildings through the same door as my dad*, why does that mean you should get a tenure track professorship with 0 postdocs and an abysmal publication record under your belt, whilst I am denied the position despite being one of the top researchers in my field? That's analogous to arguing that because your dad was hit by a bus, you should be awarded the presidency.

*Jim Crow-related irony here. When my grandmother died, my grandfather married a white lady and moved from India to to the American south with her. This was just before the Civil Rights laws of the 60s were fully implemented, and because he was "colored" he had to walk through a different line than his wife when he went to the courthouse to pick up some immigration-related paperwork. Yet I'm the privileged one. I don't often resort to profanity, but social justice warriers can go fuck themselves.

• Like 1

I find it very interesting that practically everyone here seemed to buy into OP's story with not as much as a grain of salt. Doesn't it seem a bit too convenient, tie in a little too nicely to hot topics around here that people just love to get into a frenzy over, especially from a brand new user?

For all the talk of "nonreligious cults" and complaints of people who seem to want to be victimized, I'm seeing some interesting behavior. 

I find it very interesting that practically everyone here seemed to buy into OP's story with not as much as a grain of salt. Doesn't it seem a bit too convenient, tie in a little too nicely to hot topics around here that people just love to get into a frenzy over, especially from a brand new user?

For all the talk of "nonreligious cults" and complaints of people who seem to want to be victimized, I'm seeing some interesting behavior.

It's always possible that the OP is lying. Or that any poster is lying about his experiences, myself included. But it's more plausible, I think, that he shared a true story from his personal life because he noticed it might be of interest to others here. My point is that just because a poster shares a story relating to a popular topic on this board does not mean the story isn't true.

• Like 1

This confuses me. Don't we all do that on almost all the threads? There's no way for us to verify any story on this site. We could all be lying all the time and no one would know. What's your point?

• Like 1

Do you know something we don't know? Is there a conspiracy?

The OP rang true to me, but even if it's all bull, so what? We are discussing ideas here. For all we know you could be the poe of the decade.

• Like 1

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but as it fits well into the (sad and sick) topic of this thread... and as Athena has poked me a bit about it :blink: ... I'd like to remind everyone in here of her great blog about the failings of contemporary "3rd wave feminism" :fdevil:

Linky

Thanks for this. I have refused to call myself a feminist because of the 3rd Wavers, but after perusing that site, I can safely call myself a 4th Wave feminist. This quote from a commenter on the site was amazing:

"the real issues feminism was created to fight are no longer on our shores. The big causes are over seas in these third world countries, but they don’t seem to be interested in that. They are interested in what small thing that shove sand up their crack on the internet. Third wave is the lazy woman’s kind of feminism because it requires no real work, but can give them the same sense of righteousness as if they fought against Goliath and won."

• Like 1

So Silent drops in to imply it's all a lie. Of course. In her 3rd waver world, 3rd waver claims are always true, any opposition to them is always a lie and sexist.

If a 3rd wave moron says you're wrong it's a pretty strong indicator that you're right.

And no I won't have any mercy with them. They begged me so long to treat them with contempt, with their personal insults and such, that I now gladly give them what they have been longing for :fdevil:

Thanks for this. I have refused to call myself a feminist because of the 3rd Wavers, but after perusing that site, I can safely call myself a 4th Wave feminist. [...]

You're welcome smile.png

I can assure you, that my posts are genuine. I was not aware that my post has stirred up a hornets nest, and it was not my wish.

I have not posted much before, but I have read at lot on Ex-C the last 5-6 years – as a lifelong atheist in a secular society I have not much to offer in most discussions. There are much learn here, even for me.

I am very, very concerned for my daughter.
We used to discuss everything, but her views on gender and feminism has become dogmatic, and disagreement is taken as an full-blown attack.

If I told her, what I really thought, it would lead to fall-out of some kind. I cringe to read a Facebook-update from her regarding all the happy muslim women. The behavior is definitely cultish.

I do not want to have a grandchild, who must not be called he or she, and who we only may give gender-neutral christmas gifts, from a gender-neutral Santa.

In our country there is equal rights for women and LGBT+ persons, and no persecution. To find suppression you have to construct it youself.

Sadly we have a rampant racism and prejudice against muslim refugees. We try to help and has become second family to a really wonderful young man from Syria. He does not waste time being an victim, but hopes to build a new life here.

An I cannot stand the permanent victim perspective. Victimhood’s only purpose is power and control. And the reason I like to lurk on EX-C is that many people has been terribly abused by religion, relatives, etc. but has refused victimhood and getting on living a fuller and happier life.

And – with the risk to get my virtual head ripped off – I think there is too many victims in the world, and in the gender/feminism movement, who is definitely not interested in a fuller and happier life...

Soreng

• Like 6

That's because people like the OPs post are not uncommon. I've seen/met multiple triggliots with those beliefs here at Portland State Uni.

No reason for being skeptical about known phenomena. Rather it's more bizarre that you of all the people here would think he is lying. Do you seriously not notice just how crazy some people on the social justice movement have become?

Here's a couple videos and these are just from PSU.

I don't attend PSU but my girlfriend does so I end up walking around there all the time as a result. Majority of people are chill but there is definitely a cult of leftwing nuts that believe everything is oppressive, everything is victimizing, "muh insduhutional systoomatic discrimuhnayshun", and everyone who disagrees with them about it is a racist nazi committing hate speech.

• Like 3