Goodbye Jesus

Science And Homosexuality

LosingMyReligion

The rectum and the clitoris. I was trying out a refutation of the classical religious argument that the natural purpose of sex is limited to procreation and that therefore the only form of sex that is legitimate is insertion of penis into vagina. It seems to me that if the human body is set up so that males and females can experience sexual pleasure via other parts of the body, then those who are into natural-law moral theory have to admit that a second natural purpose, or at least, function of sex is pleasure. Once you admit that, you basically blow away religious strictures against other forms of sex and against other pairings than 1 man-1 woman, don't you?

I did not mean to say that the prostate gland does not secrete fluid used in reproduction. I also did not mean that the clitoris has no secondary role to play by motivating females to seek intercourse.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JGJ@ReligionisBullshit

• ficino

• spamandham

• LosingMyReligion

The rectum and the clitoris. I was trying out a refutation of the classical religious argument that the natural purpose of sex is limited to procreation and that therefore the only form of sex that is legitimate is insertion of penis into vagina. It seems to me that if the human body is set up so that males and females can experience sexual pleasure via other parts of the body, then those who are into natural-law moral theory have to admit that a second natural purpose, or at least, function of sex is pleasure. Once you admit that, you basically blow away religious strictures against other forms of sex and against other pairings than 1 man-1 woman, don't you?

I did not mean to say that the prostate gland does not secrete fluid used in reproduction. I also did not mean that the clitoris has no secondary role to play by motivating females to seek intercourse.

Obkb, just checking, and I agree. God's order to be fruitfull and multiply should have been enough to motivate people to screw like babboons without the "pleasure factor", I think sometimes people try to find an evolutionary reason for scripture instead of trying to refute evolution as usual. Probably because when faced with an evolutionist they know they can't win so they combine the two to "sink" to our level.

You would not BELIEVE the article I read the other day on another supposed cause of homosexuality, here it is: HOMESCHOOLING! ... I was pissed because I'm thinking...okay, homosexuality has been happening since 'the beginning', continues to happen despite the majority being publicly educated but homeschooling is now on the blame list for boys.

Amazing. There is no accounting for stupidity. Obviously the only safe schooling for impressionable boys and girls is a religious school, where the kid can be instructed personally by a pious priest or pastor or nun or woman lay minister. :lmao:

I've seen cows mounting other cows. I don't know whether that counts or not.

I've seen some documentaries and read about bonobo chimps. They have sex a lot as part of the behavior that strengthens inter-"personal" bonds within the group. Much of the sexual activity is among females, who are the chief players in bonobo social structure.

One of my thoughts is that many species have distinct mating seasons, or mating is limited to times when the female is in estrus. I think the bonobos are among the few species which, like humans, have sex potentially at any time. I think that's another piece of the argument against those who say that by nature, sex in humans only is meant to serve reproductive ends.

I do have a question.... I'm familiar with male animals and homosexuality but can't recall in a documentary or in real life seeing females grinding on one another...how does this explain homosexuality in females being natural?

Rest assured that much more than once I saw my last pet rats having fun together... both females. ;)

A little off topic but I had a parakeet, female, who masturbated several times a day.

A little off topic but I had a parakeet, female, who masturbated several times a day.

It's cuz da' debil infected da' pair-o-keet! Wit'out da' debil, da' pair-a-keet woudn't pleausr hersef'. Puraise Jebus! :lmao:

http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbc/guidelines.html

The following guidelines are here to show what the medical community at large thinks of homosexuality. Let this be a reality check to Focus on the Family or AFA followers.