Goodbye Jesus

Everything Wrong with Genesis....

Joshpantera

On 8/8/2020 at 9:10 PM, WalterP said:

Do you accept that that the big bang has been confirmed, just as your source (and Hawking) says?

Walter.

NO. The big bang is a failed IDEA for numerous reasons.

It has no possible origin. On some sites, creationists tease big bangers about that fact.

It relies on imaginary inflation.

It relies on expansion at a time when the Universe had a density that makes a black hole look like fine mist.

It uses the dark energy fudge. 68% of the Universe is claimed to be dark energy, which first appeared several billion years ago, so several billion years after the big bang, so 2/3 of the universe (now) had nothing to do with the big bang.

It relies on the red shift being due to expansion, where galaxies are all moving away from each other, when the most basic astronomy tells us that galaxies grew to their present size through collisions of smaller galaxies. Also we have endless photos of galaxies on their way to a collision, in collision, and after a collision.

Redshifts can come from gravity affecting photons, as it cannot slow them down and photons travel for billions of years past endless gravity sources (stars).

In 1926, Eddington gave us a temperature for space of 3K from starlight (heat) alone. It took big bangers decades to get the same temperature.

How did the CMB cool down so fast? We have heated gases in interstellar space at millions of degrees centigrade yet with nowhere to radiate heat to, it cooled down in 380,000 years so it became positively cold.

Forget GN-z11. The new record holder is HD1:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10694631/Astronomers-observe-distant-galaxy-spotted-study.html

Originally, big bangers said earliest galaxy about 800 million years after the BB and earliest SMBH about 1400 million years. But we keep finding older and older ones, disproving that statement, and I suspect that will continue as we get better telescopes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are taking what I wrote out of its proper context, Sexton.

Back in August 2020 I was asking the Christian apologist InAmBerea if he believed that the Big Bang had been confirmed, according to the source he cited.  I was not expressing my personal support for Big Bang cosmology when I wrote those words.  Instead I was trying to discover what InAmBerea believed.  I prefer to take a wait-and-see approach, holding off declaring my hand until further and better data comes in.

He didn't reply, so we'll probably never know what he did or didn't believe about the Big Bang.  

However, I would draw your attention to something mentioned in the Daily Mail article you cited.

"Researchers propose two ideas, with the first being that HD1 may be forming stars at an astounding rate, and is possibly even home to the universe's very first stars known as Population III stars – which have never been observed."

The other idea being that of a supermassive black hole.

If Population III stars are found in HD1, (or anywhere else in the distant universe) this would be very strong evidence indeed in support of Big Bang cosmology.  Until these matters are settled by better evidence I find it prudent not to dismiss, condemn or ridicule anything.

Thank you.

Walter.