Goodbye Jesus

Demons Are Out To Getcha!

Angel

I got to thinking about something and I tell ya, some christians, they are loopy!

A christian gets sick.....and of course, it is considered an attack from the enemy! This one individual is sick right now and they believe it is because it was "holy week" and how demons don't like that at all. W T F ? !? !? Of course this person was put on medication....so you know what will happen next, right? GOD HEALED THEM! (forget about the hundreds of milligrams of antibiotics pumped into your body, just that it was the sky god granting you healing!)

I was really ill one time, was put in the hospital over it. They claimed it was because I had a demon....and then because I was not healed right away, it was claimed that I LIKED BEING ILL and would NOT ALLOW GOD TO HEAL ME. *boy, they should keep rolling whatever they are smoking, it is getting them on a real trip!*

WHY is it that everything that is not working their way is considered a demon? Can anyone clue me in? It is like some of these christians are demon crazy. If the car breaks, you know it was a demon. If you get sick, of course, it was a demon. If you get a ticket for speeding, you know it has to be a demon....ARG! (oops, that was mine talking there...get back in the corner of my soul you stupid thing! LOL)

Of course since I have walked away from their almighty, you know who they are gonna blame, right? Those pesky little demons!!!!

Just like, if something good happens to them, it is of god...something good happens to me right now, it is the devil trying to keep me away from god. Something bad happens to them, it is the devil/demons/whatever, meaning they are on the road that god wants them on and the devil is trying to stop them.... happens to me, it is god punishing me for walking away.

Did anyone else have to deal with such nonsense???

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Angel

• BenjaminHaag

• AgnosticBob AtheistPants

I got to thinking about something and I tell ya, some christians, they are loopy!

Just now figuring that out, huh? :)

Angel...

Turning away the responsibility for ones actions and comissions has always been a halmark of the religious minded.

From time unremembered to now, the heavenly and spiritual catch *hell* from we mere mortals for being cause and fault of "shit happens".

Do we *know for certain* why thing shappen? With non-certainty we continue to muddle and strive to live.

It's not an answer to *demons*, but it is all I can figure, as blaming the unseen isn't a possible answer for me anymore..

k, points go out, L

Just now figuring that out, huh? :)

LOL When you get to thinking about things, it is amazing what you see when you are on the outside looking in. When I was into it, I was just as loopy! But looking back, there are things that really stand out to you........this is one of them for sure!

Angel...

Turning away the responsibility for ones actions and comissions has always been a halmark of the religious minded.

From time unremembered to now, the heavenly and spiritual catch *hell* from we mere mortals for being cause and fault of "shit happens".

Thanks for the input....and you are right, it sure does seem to be the mind set....it is never their fault or gods.... I am with you on the shit happens theory.

When my mother was dying, some moron from the church told her that she was in danger of going to hell because she was afraid of death.

:ugh:

The Christian god is a tyrant.

Deal with it? I was one of those guys, behaving like the people you talked about. Casting demons out of my computer when it didn't work, or yelled at Satan when my car didn't start. I've done that. I even threw away a picture of a horse because I thought demons had possessed it... (me blushing with shame :ugh: ), and Christian come and tell me I wasn't Christian enough... HAH! I burned books and vinyls at the peak of my glory. I was casting out rebellious demons out of my son, and that didn't work too well either. Me and some of my friends prayed and were in "spiritual warfare" for 4-5 hours once, man was that a trip. Glad I got out of it, and I'll never do that again, I'd rather have a cigar or a pipe with a glass of wine and sit on my deck and watch the birds flying over the wildpark...

Deal with it? I was one of those guys, behaving like the people you talked about. Casting demons out of my computer when it didn't work, or yelled at Satan when my car didn't start. I've done that. I even threw away a picture of a horse because I thought demons had possessed it... (me blushing with shame :ugh: ), and Christian come and tell me I wasn't Christian enough... HAH! I burned books and vinyls at the peak of my glory. I was casting out rebellious demons out of my son, and that didn't work too well either. Me and some of my friends prayed and were in "spiritual warfare" for 4-5 hours once, man was that a trip. Glad I got out of it, and I'll never do that again, I'd rather have a cigar or a pipe with a glass of wine and sit on my deck and watch the birds flying over the wildpark...

I know where you are coming from, I too was a demon basher so to speak. It just amazes me how I did not see how ignorant I was. Now that I sit back and see others doing it, it is a bit embarassing to say the least that I was acting like a total nut case. It is mind boggling how one can reach such a stage to do such things.

I am with you as far as watching birds fly and just chillin' enjoying life, a lot less intense and stressful!!!! lol

The only "demons" I'm casting out now are dog poop from the backyard. :HaHa:

Hey, Angel. Don't knock it. I believe in demons. As a High Priest of Ex-C, it is my duty to conduct exorcisms. Here's a picture of me at work,

Now you know why we have so few Xian idiots hanging around these days. :HaHa::lmao:

Hey, Angel. Don't knock it. I believe in demons. As a High Priest of Ex-C, it is my duty to conduct exorcisms. Here's a picture of me at work,

Now you know why we have so few Xian idiots hanging around these days. :HaHa::lmao:

Is that why my head feels so empty nowdays?

When my mother was dying, some moron from the church told her that she was in danger of going to hell because she was afraid of death.

:ugh:

The Christian god is a tyrant.

I would have liked to have hanged the moron over a vat of HCL on a frayed rope to see if s/he was in danger of hell.

I got the idea over the years as an xian that demons caused bad stuff to happen, though I can't exactly remember being told that. Like I've said in other posts - if I got close to gawd and something bad happened to me, satan was attacking me to get me to fall away; if I was far from gawd and something bad happened, well of course it did because I was away from gawd's protection. Always an excuse, round and round...

There is a real pathology at work in the demon-obsessed xtian. I think it partly dehumanizes people, and allows the believer to become an immediate superior to the 'possessed' person. There's also that rush of moral superiority and 'righteousness' of the demon-fighter, and contributes to delusions of grandeur.

I speak from experience - I, too, was one of those self-appointed freaks casting demons out of people, houses and what-not. Oy vey...what a schmuck I was! :Doh:

And here's the dilemma, how can someone be responsible for acting morally, when he can be under influence (against his will) by demons? If I'm not acting on my own, but just as a puppet, why should the puppet be punished for being a slave? I mean, if someone acts evil, and it's because the demons are forcing him to be evil, then the person should be without guilt, unless he intentionally invited the demons, which is not the case, since most people that are said to be possessed don't think so themselves.

Now, now, I have on occasion had to cast out malfuncioning daemons out of my computer...woka woka...

Never was in a demon-crazy sect, we were just guilt-crazy.

And I somehow don't think a True Christian™ will answer your question, Han.

Now, now, I have on occasion had to cast out malfuncioning daemons out of my computer...woka woka...

Never was in a demon-crazy sect, we were just guilt-crazy.

Guest Servant

I understand what you are saying but, didn't God warn that there would be people like this in the book of Job. I agree that sometimes Christians are the worst thing about Christianity and unfortunately sometimes I don't want to see Christ associated with the Church because of the things that they pull. I let all of those things drive me away at one point as well but, Christ has never done me wrong.

You just skimmed this thread rather than actually reading it, didn't you?

We didn't all deconvert just because we were pissed off at fundies for being hypocrits. You're stereotyping.

Also, we didn't deconvert because an imaginary person "did us wrong." We deconverted because we no longer believed in the intellectual equivalent of Santa Claus.

Please go and read the rest of the posts on this forum (or at least a lot more of them), rather than trying to lump us all under one or two stereotypes.

Guest Servant

I have read all of this thread and I am not saying everyone deconverted for that one reason. Also I do not believe an imaginary person did someone wrong, I believe a very real, self confessing Christian did them wrong. I was just addressing the one particular post referencing Christians saying your sick because you lack the desire or faith to get well.

The post on the religious not wanting to accept responsibility. I am with you. Christians are just as bad as the rest of the world but, want to claim to be different. Our society as a whole wants to blame other people or things for everything that happens to them or that they should not have done. Just like everyone else, just because you become a Christian does not mean that nothing influences you any longer. Christ was tempted by Satan as well, it is your choice whether you follow that temptation or not. If you do it is nobody's fault but your own. I am in full agreement with everyone including the "religious" needs to learn to accept some responsibility.

Guest Servant

Although Amethyst your statement about the morons that spoke of your mother, and I agree they are morons, are also told about in Job. People are basically idiots, but Christ is a God that loves. He said in Matt 22 that the 2 greatest commandments are love God and 2nd love thy neighbor, that doesn't seem very tyrannical.

I think I'm free from the BSOD demon nowdays. Unfortunately I don't run Linux that much, so I never have to kill -9 any daemons...

I wish Deacon Dave could jump in and give us an answer...

He said in Matt 22 that the 2 greatest commandments are love God and 2nd love thy neighbor, that doesn't seem very tyrannical.

It's good teachings, and it existed before that time in other religions and philosophies, so Jesus wasn't the first to claim these rules.

Unfortunately extremely few Christians follow the command of the Golden Rule. And at the same time they don't have a problem to protest against abortion or kill doctors for doing it. I've met many Christians that don't live by the golden rule, they even treat other Christians wrongly. While I've met many non-Christians that do follow the golden rule and are very moral people.

I guess the explanation is what I've just learned from a fellow of yours, Deacon Dave, that the teachings were for the multitudes (Jews) that followed Jesus, and not really for Christians. And that might be the explanation why Christians play down the importance of what Jesus supposedly commanded, while they put high emphasis on what Paul only mentioned.

Guest Servant

Paul wrote Galatians which also states in 5:14 to love thy neighbour. The bible is not to be split up. You are right that many Christians as well as non-Christians do not follow this rule. Once again though, we are discussing what people do. I don't have a problem with protesting abortion, but you kinda defeat your pro-life stance when you kill the doctors. Most of the points that each person is making about the people confessing to be Christians are true for a great number of Christians. That does not mean that they are true for all and it does not make it true of Christ. Do not be fooled, I too believe Christians are sometimes the worst thing to happen to Christianity.

As far as not really pushing what Christ commanded, if you meet someone that thinks what Paul says is more important that what Christ says or they think it was Paul and not inpired by Christ they are either not a Christian or badly deceived.

Guest Servant

And here's the dilemma, how can someone be responsible for acting morally, when he can be under influence (against his will) by demons? If I'm not acting on my own, but just as a puppet, why should the puppet be punished for being a slave? I mean, if someone acts evil, and it's because the demons are forcing him to be evil, then the person should be without guilt, unless he intentionally invited the demons, which is not the case, since most people that are said to be possessed don't think so themselves.

You never lose free will. It is just like your friends trying to convince you to smoke weed, they can only exert pressure it is still your choice. The same goes for being pushed by Satan. He can only tempt you he cannot force you to do anything. If he could have forced someone to do something Christ would have been stabbed in the back before ever reaching the cross. I am not trying to be rude, but isn't this the not taking responsibility that people are referring to in reference to the "religious"?

I don't have a problem with protesting abortion, but you kinda defeat your pro-life stance when you kill the doctors.

Yeah, isn't it truly an amazing conflict of the mind, when abortion is not really condemned or outlawed in the Bible, but it truly say "do not kill". How many Christians do know that the Bible actually is not stating "life starts at conception", but I can prove that the Bible claims life starts at the 3rd week. So abortion is not a problem, Biblically, within the 3 week mark. But do Christians know this? No, but they go to violence to support the idea.

Most of the points that each person is making about the people confessing to be Christians are true for a great number of Christians. That does not mean that they are true for all and it does not make it true of Christ. Do not be fooled, I too believe Christians are sometimes the worst thing to happen to Christianity.

Unfortunately I've been in many Churches, and I used to belong to a pretty large Church back in Sweden. Some Christians were good there, and some were true wackjobs. I worked for a Christian company too, so I rarely met any non-Christians. But it totally took me by surprise the day when I started to work for a secular company, that these managers had true concerns of my well being. (it's a bit different over there than here in US.) I could see non-Christians being as much or sometimes more ethical than many Christians. Honestly I was stunned.

As far as not really pushing what Christ commanded, if you meet someone that thinks what Paul says is more important that what Christ says or they think it was Paul and not inpired by Christ they are either not a Christian or badly deceived.

:HaHa: This Deacon Dave is a moderator at True Christians Unite. He claims he is the True Christian, while you claim he is not. That is very funny!

The debate I had with DD was over a verse where Jesus said "hate your father and mother". And DD said it was for the multitudes of Jews that was listening to him, not for us or you or the Christians. While Paul in Ephesians said that you're supposed to love and respect your parents, but that of course is valid for Christians according to DD, because Paul said it to the Church.

You never lose free will.

Like Pharao, that got his heart hardened by God so he wouldn't bend. I don't see free will incorporated into a system where there is a manipulator making your decisions predetermined through his actions. God made Pharao unwilling, i.e. not "free willing".

It is just like your friends trying to convince you to smoke weed, they can only exert pressure it is still your choice. The same goes for being pushed by Satan. He can only tempt you he cannot force you to do anything. If he could have forced someone to do something Christ would have been stabbed in the back before ever reaching the cross. I am not trying to be rude, but isn't this the not taking responsibility that people are referring to in reference to the "religious"?

The Bible separates when people are temped by the Devil and when they are possessed by demons. Just take a close look to the actions of the man that supposedly was possessed by Legion, and Jesus allegedly made free. The man (according to the story) changed when the demons left. If it was his choice to be naked, run on the streets and scream (with or without demons, because it was a free choice from his free will), why didn't he continue? Jesus was tempted, but this man was possessed. Right?

Guest Servant

No from what I have read of the Lion's Den debate and his site, he is a "True Christian." He clarified for you later that the hate your mother and father really applies to everyone. When Christ was teachine there were non-jews around that worshipped many other Gods and you would have to go against them as well. I am not slighting DD in any way.

Give me the abortion scripture you are referencing I would like to read it.