Goodbye Jesus

Single Ex-Christian

white_raven23

I'm 18, almost 19, and I've never been on a date, never been kissed, etc. And I'm very introverted and shy (I think I'm sociiophobic). Plus, due to being a bio major and other stuff, I don't really get out onto the social scene. Hate parties with loud music, don't like drinking alcohol (though I don't get upset when others drink), hate smoking and drugs. Chances of scoring a plausible date: nigh zip. Then add in my utter geekiness in still being into a specific children's show and collecting the toys and such (my entire family laughs at me for it), and the fact that I'm agnostic... I don't have any luck. And while I'm not looking right now (would rather wait until I've gotten at least my first degree), I still feel the sting of loneliness a lot. And there's not really any clubs that I know about at school that I'm interested in...

I still entertain hopes that I'll meet someone someday...but I do feel a lot that it's hopeless for me.

I used to work with a guy who was a huge Transformers nut, had many of the action figures on his desk and all, and he was married and had a couple of kids (in his 20's I believe). It is by no means hopeless.

bdp

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amethyst

• DeathWorship

• NimbusBirdMgp

• Matthew

I never ever thought I would find anyone, I always assumed that although I had precious friends, that a 'significant other' wouldn't materialise.  I was wrong.  I do believe there's someone for anyone.  I'm such a nutter, always joking around.  I have a strange sense of humour, my musical tastes are a bit mad, I'm terribly outspoken and various other things.  I'm no male model and am not good looking yet she sees through all of this to the heart of me.  She accepts me, loves me as I do her.  I guess I just thought that because I wasn't a typical bloke that I would be alone.  I'm not now.  I honestly believe you'll find someone, look if I can then you can too, I'm sure of it.

Peyton,

Thanks for responding. I tend to think about these things quite a bit, probably more than I ought to, but a large part of me is still deeply skeptical that I will find someone. One reason that drove me into atheism emotionally was the singleness issue. It almost killed me-literally. I am not sure how many girls in the Church have been emotionally tormented, no, devastated by the singleness issue. It seemed that I was the only Christian who was severly affected by this. If I could "design" my own mate, I'd prefer her to be a fellow apostate ( a minister/theologian's daughter would be a plus ) and like me, was driven emotionally to atheism over the singleness issue. I don't know if any girl on this planet who has been tormented like I have been on this very issue.

I might be too demanding but as far as I can recall- I have always wanted to meet the girl of my dreams and this goes back to my childhood. Ever since I encountered girls outside of my own family, I have always wanted to meet the girl of my dreams. Heck, I may have even adored girls while all other boys thought girls had "cooties" although I did go through some prudish stages in my adolescent stages and definitely in my teen years. The fact of the matter is that any girl who I wind up with would have to understand why I have devoted myself to biblical scholarship and ancient history. She would have to understand why I am so passionate about spreading freethought and reason! A girl would best understand this if she was a fellow apostate!

Matthew

I used to work with a guy who was a huge Transformers nut, had many of the action figures on his desk and all, and he was married and had a couple of kids (in his 20's I believe).  It is by no means hopeless.

bdp

I have an online friend who takes at least one toy to work with her everyday. Of course, she works at a toy store...