Goodbye Jesus

Can I switch sides?

FaithlessJester

Hello, I am a Christian thinking about switching sides because I'm tired and weary. By switching sides I mean following Lucifer instead of Jesus. I know I know sounds like I'm doing a complete 180 but the lies of the Christian Faith are getting to me. I'm starting to fall in love with "the bad guy" I ultimately think that Lucifer was the hero; he wanted us to have knowledge and free will. The more I read the Bible especially the old testament it seems like God wanted us to be like slaves. God banned us to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and then punished us for eating it and then even damned us. He wouldn't let us eat from the tree of life. Which I think it's funny God said we would die if we eat from tree of knowledge which we do die but what if we ate from tree of life too we would be immortal and lucifer knew that. I believe he is the unsung hero Lucifer wanted us to eat from both trees but was prevented from doing the tree of life but he gave us ultimate knowledge of good and evil and most importantly freedom from God's tyranny. Lucifer is a rebel and so am I. You have to fight for your right. Please give me some insight and guidance on this subject. I really am thinking about leaving the church of Christ behind and following Lucifer.

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

You are absolutely free to believe whatever you like and to follow whomever you choose. 

• Like 1

Thank you, I thank you for reminding me I'm free to believe in whatever I choose @TheRedneckProfessor

Hey, @FaithlessJester! Yes, you're absolutely allowed to switch sides! I did (from Christianity to Agnostic), so you can definitely do the same.

Tbh, Lucifer anymore really does feel like the good guy. Follow whomever you want to follow, my dude!

Lucifer is just another character from the same collection of made-up stories, and part of the programming of religion. Find out what is real about the world and set aside the mythical beliefs, then you can enjoy your place in nature and make choices that bring happiness and well-being to you and others. That involves finding a new social group since the church doesn't really want your kind around except as a target for preaching. I initially gravitated towards witchcraft symbols, but that faded when I realized I was just pulling away from the prefab worldview the church had created for me. Religion of all kinds is the result of people wanting some kind of magical control over reality. In my experience, the best way to influence reality is by learning to understand one's self (motives, drives, desires, fears, abilities) and by learning what and how science has found facts about the physical world. I took the good that I found in Christianity (purposeful kindness to others) and left the religious rules. 

When I deconverted, I found that the whole world and myself seemed different in a good way. Nothing had changed, but my perception of it was no longer ruled by fear of sin, fear of invisible monsters and angels, and instead was full of actual nature and human cultures that are simultaneously wonderful and awful. I got involved in music and took voice lessons. I listened to music I had avoided during my 30 faith years. I took dance lessons and met a wonderful friend who is still with me 25 years later. I learned to cook well, and have learned all kinds of home repair and maintenance, built computers, gone camping, learned to make fire with flint and steel, and a zillion other things that have nothing to do with making an imaginary friend happy or angry. Life is yours to create. Hopefully you will find others as friends along that path. Dump those that are toxic, just like dumping the so called love of the bible god. 

• Like 4

Hi. Honestly, what you are asking about is not a good idea. Everyone else is encouraging you to do whatever you want because they don't believe anymore, but me personally, having experimented with the other side for the last 5 years, can tell you that there are detrimental consequences to what you are suggesting. I now must tell you my story a little to verify what I am advising against. In 2016, 2017, and 2018 I started to seriously rebel spiritually. For me though, I went from having a 2-way prayer relationship with Jesus to talking with other spirits. I sought after other spirits as much as I could, engaging in behavior that distanced me from Jesus. But I wound up becoming a manifestation of the bad boy spiritual choices and some very un-glamorous things happened, shall we say, things that changed me from an upstanding member of society to a common hoodlum in some ways. But I altered my mind to the point of replacing God's peace with eventually hearing demonic voices encouraging me to die. I am not exaggerating anything here, but I am trying to say that I experienced real substantive spiritual negativity from trying to go in the opposite direction. Honestly it was fun for about two to three years. But the aftereffects were totally devastating, leading to loss of personal freedom in a lot of real irreversible ways. Physically and spiritually I am much worse off for flirting with demons, which I found out are real, by the way. Although I have yet been unable to reconcile with Jesus, going to the dark side just made matters worse. So don't do anything obviously stupid, like flirt with the literal devil. But that's just my advice from my own experience. You'll probably do what you want anyway. But you are warned: if you do that you will irreversibly hurt yourself in ways you cannot imagine until you have lost parts of yourself you didn't even know you had. In all sincerity and 100% from my own foolish choices, peace.

14 hours ago, FaithlessJester said:

Hello, I am a Christian thinking about switching sides because I'm tired and weary. By switching sides I mean following Lucifer instead of Jesus. I know I know sounds like I'm doing a complete 180 but the lies of the Christian Faith are getting to me. I'm starting to fall in love with "the bad guy" I ultimately think that Lucifer was the hero; he wanted us to have knowledge and free will. The more I read the Bible especially the old testament it seems like God wanted us to be like slaves. God banned us to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and then punished us for eating it and then even damned us. He wouldn't let us eat from the tree of life. Which I think it's funny God said we would die if we eat from tree of knowledge which we do die but what if we ate from tree of life too we would be immortal and lucifer knew that. I believe he is the unsung hero Lucifer wanted us to eat from both trees but was prevented from doing the tree of life but he gave us ultimate knowledge of good and evil and most importantly freedom from God's tyranny. Lucifer is a rebel and so am I. You have to fight for your right. Please give me some insight and guidance on this subject. I really am thinking about leaving the church of Christ behind and following Lucifer.

Sure there is nothing to stop you. It's a free country.... assuming you're in the US. We've had many discussions on this site where it does put "satan" in a better light than God. Honestly the biblical God is an asshole. 

But I honestly don't see the point in switching as it is all lies anyway. I'm not going to say none of it is true but most of it isn't and there is a lot of historical fiction in the bible. The creation narrative is ridiculous and in no way reflects the reality we have discovered to be true through the sciences. So not only is Bible God not real, neither is Bible Lucifer

I'm happy now knowing that it was all made up and there is nothing to worry about, other than my own life and it's eventual end. 

DB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doomedbeliever said:

Hi. Honestly, what you are asking about is not a good idea. Everyone else is encouraging you to do whatever you want because they don't believe anymore, but me personally, having experimented with the other side for the last 5 years, can tell you that there are detrimental consequences to what you are suggesting. I now must tell you my story a little to verify what I am advising against. In 2016, 2017, and 2018 I started to seriously rebel spiritually. For me though, I went from having a 2-way prayer relationship with Jesus to talking with other spirits. I sought after other spirits as much as I could, engaging in behavior that distanced me from Jesus. But I wound up becoming a manifestation of the bad boy spiritual choices and some very un-glamorous things happened, shall we say, things that changed me from an upstanding member of society to a common hoodlum in some ways. But I altered my mind to the point of replacing God's peace with eventually hearing demonic voices encouraging me to die. I am not exaggerating anything here, but I am trying to say that I experienced real substantive spiritual negativity from trying to go in the opposite direction. Honestly it was fun for about two to three years. But the aftereffects were totally devastating, leading to loss of personal freedom in a lot of real irreversible ways. Physically and spiritually I am much worse off for flirting with demons, which I found out are real, by the way. Although I have yet been unable to reconcile with Jesus, going to the dark side just made matters worse. So don't do anything obviously stupid, like flirt with the literal devil. But that's just my advice from my own experience. You'll probably do what you want anyway. But you are warned: if you do that you will irreversibly hurt yourself in ways you cannot imagine until you have lost parts of yourself you didn't even know you had. In all sincerity and 100% from my own foolish choices, peace.

I didn't want to be that guy, but I have to say: I don't think what you're dealing with has to do with actual demons here. Have you possibly considered that these experiences you're having aren't a result of you engaging in your bad boy spiritual behavior, but rather something else entirely? Also, what are these supposed things that happened to turn you into some hoodlum or whatever?

I'm no mental health expert; but have you considered that the voices you hear aren't the voices of demons, but maybe some other undiagnosed mental health condition (like schizophrenia for example, or some other thing that makes you hear voices)? I don't want to diagnose you because I am not qualified to do so; and am just making a suggestion, but you should really get that checked out. Do you still have these voices in your head or have they stopped? Have you considered too that you're also perceiving what you went through/are still going through as spiritual or demonic because that's how you were brought up to believe? I'm not saying all of this to make fun of you or be derogatory. I'm just concerned, is all. I don't think there are any actual demonic forces at play here. Maybe just auditory hallucinations that you're perceiving through this lens of demonic activity.

I do suggest that you go seek professional help. I'm not saying this to be rude or condescending or anything. I just think it'd be something to take into consideration.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Fuego said:

When I deconverted, I found that the whole world and myself seemed different in a good way. Nothing had changed, but my perception of it was no longer ruled by fear of sin, fear of invisible monsters and angels, and instead was full of actual nature and human cultures that are simultaneously wonderful and awful.

I can only give one like to Fuego's comments above, but go back and read all them several times. He is right on the mark.

The basis of the Abrahamic religions is fear. First they convince you that you are bad, and then they convince you that they have the answer to your problem. Folks believe all this because other folks convince them that bad things will happen to them if they don't. Marketing 101. But once you realize that it's all just fantasy you'll feel something lift from your shoulders and you'll experience a freedom you didn't know existed.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, doomedbeliever said:

I second Casualfanboy16's post. It sounds like you need to seek psychiatric help. 

It looks like you were/are a believer and never questioned the narrative but decided to "tempt" God. And then you manifested these negative out comes in your life. Yourself. Possibly due to some undiagnosed mental condition.

There have been plenty of people leave the faith, rebel, tempt God, and they never had "demons" Taking over there life. What it boils down to is you are blaming God, Demons, and the Devil for your own poor decisions. 

You can turn your life around and be a good productive member of society without God or Jesus. People here do it every day. 

I hope you seek professional help and take back control of your life. 

Best wishes,

DB

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

I second Casualfanboy16's post. It sounds like you need to seek psychiatric help. 

It looks like you were/are a believer and never questioned the narrative but decided to "tempt" God. And then you manifested these negative out comes in your life. Yourself. Possibly due to some undiagnosed mental condition.

There have been plenty of people leave the faith, rebel, tempt God, and they never had "demons" Taking over there life. What it boils down to is you are blaming God, Demons, and the Devil for your own poor decisions. 

You can turn your life around and be a good productive member of society without God or Jesus. People here do it every day. 

I hope you seek professional help and take back control of your life. 

Best wishes,

DB

And I second your post as well, DB!

Hey, @doomedbeliever. If you're reading this and you're not just some drive-by poster who just commented only to leave; I just want you to know you're welcome here anytime. And we mean it in the nicest way possible when we say you should seek psychiatric help. Hearing voices telling you to die sounds an awful lot like schizophrenia or psychosis. Again, not trying to diagnose, but you should consider looking into these things to see if symptoms or experiences match up. I don't know your whole story, but we're concerned for you, dude. I don't think Christianity is making it better either. Please, seek out a psychiatrist or something who can help you with what you're going through. If you decide to join here in the future as well, we'll all be here for you.

Edit: Also, to add onto this a little bit... maybe look into symptoms of depression as well. Just seeing your profile and how you describe having a lack of interest in things you used to enjoy and this increased feeling of hopelessness matches up with that too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, doomedbeliever said:

going to the dark side just made matters worse. So don't do anything obviously stupid, like flirt with the literal devil. But that's just my advice from my own experience. 

No one is saying "go to the dark side". That is not what we are about.  Most of us here simply dropped the belief of the "divinity" of God and Jesus.  We did not leave our morals behind.   God, Jesus, devils, angels, etc. are myths.  Concepts conditioned into your brain.   If you lived in India you would likely be Hindu.

I agree with what the others are saying about seeing a mental health professional.  And by the way.  Welcome to our forum!

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 1:41 AM, FaithlessJester said:

I really am thinking about leaving the church of Christ behind and following Lucifer.

If you are talking about the church of christ that takes communion every sunday, baptises for the remission of sins, and basically believes they are the only ones going to heaven, that is the same group I left.  

And you are onto something regarding "lucifer".  In the ancient Sumerian myths I think he had a different name, but he was the "god" who enlightened humans and enabled them to eventually break free of their "slavery."  He was just one of several gods on the scene at the time.  Let me know if you want to read more about that.

6 hours ago, Weezer said:

you are talking about the church of christ that takes communion every sunday, baptises for the remission of sins, and basically believes they are the only ones going to heaven, that is the same group I left.  

Weezer that can't be right. Because the Baptist church believes in salvation, full immersion baptism, taking communion occasionally, foot washing, and they are the only ones going to heaven. Not those instrument hating Church of Christ goers. Lmao 🤣 🤣 

DB

@DarkBishop,

That can't be right, because the Southern Baptist church I attended believes in salvation, full immersion baptism, taking communion on major holidays and random occasions, no foot washing I've ever seen, and most denominations go to heaven, they just don't understand once saved always saved.  Even instrument hating CoC'ers go to heaven if they've truly repented and turned their life to Christ.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Krowb said:

@DarkBishop,

That can't be right, because the Southern Baptist church I attended believes in salvation, full immersion baptism, taking communion on major holidays and random occasions, no foot washing I've ever seen, and most denominations go to heaven, they just don't understand once saved always saved.  Even instrument hating CoC'ers go to heaven if they've truly repented and turned their life to Christ.

That's not what saint Peter said when he was taking the new guy in heaven past the Baptist area lmao. 

But you are right. Most the baptists believe that as long as the basics of salvation are met that they will be in heaven. No matter their interpretation on other things. But they do believe they are right and the others are wrong on their differences. Non the less. 

My parents are Grace Baptist and their particular branch believes they will be the only ones admitted into New Jerusalem. All the other believers will still be in heaven. But on the outskirts of the city. 

The Gospel assembly believed others would make it to heaven as long as they hadn't heard the truth. (Which they alone preached) after they heard the "truth" they would then be accountable for not adhering to the holiness doctrine. 

They are all basically cluster fucks of confusion. 

DB

• Super Moderator

I got news for y'all.  Unless y'all were speaking in tongues, being slain in the spirit, and binding principalities in high places, y'all weren't never real christians to begin with.  Everybody knows the ASSemblies of god is the one and only True church.  Bleeding heretics.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I got news for y'all.  Unless y'all were speaking in tongues, being slain in the spirit, and binding principalities in high places, y'all weren't never real christians to begin with.  Everybody knows the ASSemblies of god is the one and only True church.  Bleeding heretics.

I guess I was just a lukewarm Christian then... not for long where I'm going. Then I'll be a hot heretic, flaming homosexual, baddest bitch in the Underworld, etc, etc.

3 hours ago, Krowb said:

@DarkBishop,

If you guys from the denominatiations  (we were NOT a denomination) (we were THE church christ established) didn't get dunked in water before you died, you would have gone to Hell.  If you keeled over dead between repenting and confessing, and before you got baptised, your soul was toast!

On 9/3/2023 at 11:41 PM, FaithlessJester said:

FaithlessJester,

There is no God, no Satan, not Santa, nor the Ester Bunny. Man just made them all up. God did not create man in his own image; man created God in his image. All religions of the world are man-made, although some have more positive insights than others. To my knowledge, none of us non-Christians believe in Satan.

Humans are simply animals as Darwin explained. We are just a little smarter than the other animals with our speech, written languages, math-science, inventions, buildings, and cultures.

Cheers :)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, pantheory said:

To my knowledge, none of us non-Christians believe in Satan.

Be careful, @pantheory! The Devil's greatest trick is getting you not to believe in him lmaooooo. 🤭

• Haha 2

On 9/4/2023 at 2:19 PM, doomedbeliever said:

Hey doomedbeliever,

Question your beliefs and you can find new positive perspectives. By questioning your beliefs you can start walking down the path of agnosticism. If you ever realize that all religions of the world are pure BS you will then start down the path of atheism as I did many decades ago. Life, and your perception of it, can be anything you want  it to be.

Cheers :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Weezer said:

If you guys from the denominatiations  (we were NOT a denomination) (we were THE church christ established) didn't get dunked in water before you died, you would have gone to Hell.  If you keeled over dead between repenting and confessing, and before you got baptised, your soul was toast!

Lol 😆 funny how they knew exactly how the original church was supposed to operate almost 2000 years after Christ. You would of thought God would have set the record straight long before that. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churches_of_Christ

Seems a lot of churches came out of that restoration movement. If I'm not mistaken the union assembly began around the same time frame. I guess ye ole ordinary protestants weren't holy enough. 

DB

• Like 2

On 9/6/2023 at 9:24 AM, pantheory said:

We are just a little smarter than the other animals ....

Uh, no, we're not. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, older said:

Uh, no, we're not. 

OK, but of course it depends upon how one defines intelligence :) 

• Like 1