Goodbye Jesus

What's In A Name?

Knightley

Ever notice that people's names fit them in a way?

I'm not sure what it is but people tend to tell me that I "don't look like a (my name)"

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :Hmm:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Knightley

• Fweethawt

• Vigile

• AgnosticBob AtheistPants

Not only do I not like my name,

but I think that I don't "look" like my name either.

Btw, don't even try it. :nono:

I'm not telling you my name. <--- period

come on Fweester show us that beautiful smile of yours!

that made no sense whatsoever, i must be tired.

come on Fweester show us that beautiful smile of yours!

that made no sense whatsoever, i must be tired.

I do have dimples. ---> :grin: <---

:HaHa:

lol fwee.

some people even look like their pets, wonder why?

lol fwee.

some people even look like their pets, wonder why?

I don't know either. If anyone ever tells me that I look like a miniature schnauzer, I'm going to be pissed. :grin:

hope you and the missus don't own mice :HaHa:

I don't look like my name. I have a very ordinary name, and I've been told more than once that I should have been named something more exotic. I don't think I'm exotic, but when someone suggests that I ask them to give me an exotic name and I let them call me that. I know it's dumb, but you asked the question.

I changed my name last year. I grew up with a different name, and I've hated it all my life. It just wasn't "me." It was a family name, and I came from a long line of women with the exact same name. I cringed everytime I heard it. Especially if it was screamed across a parking lot.

So I finally took a day off work, shelled out the money, spent all of 3 minutes in a court room, and got myself a new name for my birthday. It's been strange and I'm still getting used to it a year later, but I feel much better. I just couldn't go through life being called something that made me horribly uncomfortable.

BTW, my first name is very common now, but EVERYBODY thought my current name was my name all my life, so I just ran with it. People remember me now. :P

I don't look like my name. I have a very ordinary name, and I've been told more than once that I should have been named something more exotic. I don't think I'm exotic, but when someone suggests that I ask them to give me an exotic name and I let them call me that. I know it's dumb, but you asked the question.

Its not dumb at all Cleary. :grin:

I hate my name. I don't care who knows what it is, so I'll lay it out there.

It's Christopher. Why do I hate it? Look it up.

BTW, I go by Chris. :grin:

I changed my name last year. I grew up with a different name, and I've hated it all my life. It just wasn't "me." It was a family name, and I came from a long line of women with the exact same name. I cringed everytime I heard it. Especially if it was screamed across a parking lot.

So I finally took a day off work, shelled out the money, spent all of 3 minutes in a court room, and got myself a new name for my birthday. It's been strange and I'm still getting used to it a year later, but I feel much better. I just couldn't go through life being called something that made me horribly uncomfortable.

BTW, my first name is very common now, but EVERYBODY thought my current name was my name all my life, so I just ran with it. People remember me now. :P

LOL that is so cool. I didn't know you could do that!

I have a regular, single syllable, name. My mom is a huge fan of Elizabeth Taylor so she named me after one of her ex-husbands.

At first I didn't like it, but the older I get the more I realize how much it fits me.

If I did get a legal name change I would have an elaborate multi-syllabic name like: Whoudini, Theodore, Agamemnon, Aristophanes, or Shakespeare.

I like Whoudini the best.

I wouldn't change my name though. My mom is still coping with me telling her that I'm gay....So I'll spare her having to call me Whoudini.

I'm not sure what it is but people tend to tell me that I "don't look like a (my name)"

Let me guess, your name is Olia; no Sasha; no Natasha, no Sveta; no Tanya; er... chances are it's Sveta or Olia since I think that's what Russian mothers name 50% of their girls :HaHa:

Just teasing you Natasha :wicked:

No remember I have a non-Russian father, he's traveled quite a bit so he's picked up a few things along the way. I have an American name. Its not a Russian name.

Although my mom has always called me LyaLya (that's the best American version I can write, but I write it in Russian). That's my "unofficial" name, my Russian relatives couldn't prounouce the American one, and my mom just liked calling me LyaLya. It almost sounds like Lila.

Now on my birth certificate, my name is American. Ugh I'd hate to be called Sveta or Olia, that's as common as Jennifer or Jessica. My name isn't as common though.

I don't mean to piss all over my parent's poor judgment, but I think people should have a given name and change it after they're old enough to know what it means.

My name is what they call a penis in the UK. I plan to change it somewhere down the road. Could be worse though - my brother-in-law's last name is "Morehead".

LOL that is so cool. I didn't know you could do that!

I have a regular, single syllable, name. My mom is a huge fan of Elizabeth Taylor so she named me after one of her ex-husbands.

At first I didn't like it, but the older I get the more I realize how much it fits me.

If I did get a legal name change I would have an elaborate multi-syllabic name like: Whoudini, Theodore, Agamemnon, Aristophanes, or Shakespeare.

I like Whoudini the best.

I wouldn't change my name though. My mom is still coping with me telling her that I'm gay....So I'll spare her having to call me Whoudini.

*L* I like that, but just remember you're going to have to spell it over and over for people for something that exotic and ask you to explain how you got that name constantly. But if/when you do it, it's really easy. I can vary from state to state, but basically you go in in the morning when the courthouse first opens and tell them that you want to change your name. Usually if you do that, you can get it done the same day because they work on a "first come, first serve" basis. Then come back at the time they tell you, wait for your name to be called and the judge will swear you in and verify your old name, your new name, and the new spelling of your new name. Then they'll ask if it's for illegal purposes. Answer truthfully, pay your $70 for the court fees, and you're done.

Then after that it's just a matter of notifying places like the DMV, your bank, voters reg, and doctors offices and places like that of your name change. That's time consuming, but easy for the most part.

Though I'm sure your mom appreciates you not giving her a heart attack all at once. :HaHa:

I actually do fit my name since I'm a doubter (hint hint)

I hate my first name. I've been going by my middle name since I was in elementary school, and I do plan to change it legally sometime soon.

I don't want to say what my real name is, but to give a hint I'm named after one of the characters from Dante's Inferno.

I know, my parents are idiots.

At least my middle name is after a famous tennis player. Its not my favorite in terms of names but I like it enough.

I can say the same thing.

If you read my previous post, now you can figure out my name. :grin:

I can say the same thing.

If you read my previous post, now you can figure out my name. :grin:

Are you admitting to being a penis? :twitch:

:lmao:

Never been told my name (Mitch) doesn't suit me. 'Course, I've never really been given input either way on that particular subject.

I have been told my adopted e-name suits me rather well, though.

Haha, your name is Mitch!

:lmao:

I suppose I had that coming.

Never been told my name (Mitch) doesn't suit me.
That's because it is so close the a name that definitely suits you. :scratch:

Mitch - M + B = __

:cunn:

I don't mind my name. I used to, when I was a kid, and people came up with ridiculous ways to make fun of it... but I learned to like it, even become protective of it, when I was in highschool, and I like it now.

But I think I have more affinity for my first initial. I have several nicknames and they all generally start with that initial - M. So I like the letter M...

Whatever the hell that means. <g>