Goodbye Jesus

How Did You Envision God

KT45

How did you envision God then? How about now? I don't care what response you put in the poll. IF OTHER POST A PICTURE IF POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!

God in Futurama (looks like a nebula)

God.jpg

God in Family Guy (typical white beard father time looking dude)

373317213365799789.png

God in bible tracts (something like a human form but you can’t see him cause of light or just see his hands or something)

jcThrone.jpg

God’s a female duhhh!?

mother%20nature%20new.jpg

I see God as a god other than the Christian God

krishna1.jpg

Never believed or never tried to picture him

Other (please explain)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• julian

• NotBlinded

• EdwardAbbey

• Ouroboros

Hard to explain. Formless light.

a bunch of white fluffy clouds.

When I believed in a god, I envisioned him exactly as he was represented on my hometown's church paintings.

A man about 30, with a golden aureola around his head, light brown beard and moustaches, dressed with something like an ancient roman toga. (..vacant eyes too...)

Christ was almost identical to him, slightly thinner face, same ancient roman toga though.

I used to picture the Abrahamic god like Father Time.

I still envision my god with a long, white beard, but not as the impotent devil of the Old Testament...

odin1.jpg

A man about 30, with a golden aureola around his head, light brown beard and moustaches, dressed with something like an ancient roman toga. (..vacant eyes too...)

You mean "aura", Asuryan. Otherwise, you mean to say that you pictured the god of the Babble™ as a big boob.

Which isn't all that inaccurate :HaHa:

I kinda saw god as a being of light but in human form. You couldn't really see his face since it was really shiny. His hands and feet are visable. Sometimes he had clothing like a robe other times he was just sorta human form but with no genitalia.

As I got more liberal I started to envision him as the futurama picture you see in the first post. this image settled with me cause it was shapeless and it was like we could become apart of god or some kinda collective conscious. That was a good episode of futurama by the way.

I'm not sure I have a real good image of this God anymore. It's more a concept than an object now.

I envisioned gawd as an old, pissed-off codger. I guess that's what happens

when you begin reading the Wholly Babble at the beginning of the Old

Testament; that image of gawd remains branded in your mind by the time

you get to the New Testament.

I'm not sure I have a real good image of this God anymore. It's more a concept than an object now.

Can you remember how you envisioned him while you were still a christian?

Hard to explain. Formless light

latest_eit_171.jpg

a bunch of white fluffy clouds.

door2.jpg

Christ was almost identical to him, slightly thinner face, same ancient roman toga though.

jes20.jpg

the impotent devil (God) of the Old Testament

0037-0512-0718-4422_SM2.jpg

I like this one! God at his best. Pure evil and controlling!!!!

Hmm... not sure. Like a big giant maybe. Or lot like Zeus on a throne. :HaHa:

Hmm... not sure. Like a big giant maybe. Or lot like Zeus on a throne. :HaHa:

I quickly looked at some zeus pictures. It's amazing how similar the image of God is compared to the image of zeus. Zeus is pretty badass though

zeus.jpg

Yay for Zeus. He got a cooler name too.

Oh. here's a thought, maybe JeZeus is the opposite version of Zeus?

I think god is an ass. Here is a picture of him.

Ass.jpg

Cellulose. And bruises. Looks like your gawd is into trailer trash S&M......

:grin:

You mean "aura", Asuryan. Otherwise, you mean to say that you pictured the god of the Babble™ as a big boob.

Which isn't all that inaccurate :HaHa:

Ack! Thank you for the advice. "Aureola" is the word we use, in Italian, when we mean the golden disc-like thing around the saints' heads. "Areola" without the "u" is the word we use here to mean the round area around the nipple :)

However, jesus with a boob behind his head... now that would be cool :D

Ah, that explains it. I didn't get Varokhars comment, because Aureola was the aura thingy.

But Areola works too, doesn't the Bible mention something about God's bosom?

John 1:18

No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

I think god is an ass. Here is a picture of him.

Ass.jpg

Hey it's not "my" god :HaHa:

It's how I see the christian god when I read the bible

But Areola works too, doesn't the Bible mention something about God's bosom?

Ah, the godly man-milk.

Ugh

I feel sick. damn my imagination! :twitch:

When I was a little kid, I thought god must have thousands of eyes, because he could see everyone everywhere all the time.

Guest Unity

As a child because the child symbolizes the pure and instantaneous feelings of creative intelligence. This child is delivered out of the womb of pure consciousness through Mother Nature herself, located in the depths of our own human nature. Christ said, "Unless you become as a child you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven." He didn't mean for us to become childish but pure, innocent and unrehearsed. The infant emerges threatened by the negative perspectives of the world in the lower layers, to the higher layers of the mind where the function is to comfort and give refuge to others. Jesus is also pictured as this divine child ready to redeem mankind from its ignorance and misery.

This mystical child is the co-coordinating point in the mind because it is between the ower and the higher layers of the mind. In this layer the instinctive demands are given recognition, but the center of gravity of the total personality shifts its position. The position ceases to be in the ego that dominates the first two layers, but instead becomes located in a hypothetical place between the conscious and the unconscious mind. If this reorganization is effective, a personality develops that suffers only in the lower layers, but not in the upper layers of the mind where one is detached from pain and pleasure. The re-birth of this improved personality is the groundwork for the second coming of Christ in the higher realms. The people who achieve Christ Consciousness today are not crucified, but they are made fun of, nor are they appreciated or understood even though they are within the comprehension of a child.

Mysticism

Hey it's not "my" god :HaHa:

It's how I see the christian god when I read the bible

I suppose if you beat it hard enough, it might be the glowing backside of gawd

that Moses saw before he passed away. Actually, now that I think about it, that

was a pretty weird story.

As a child because .... <snip>

Mysticism

Ummm....do you always write a doctoral dissertation when you try to answer

fairly simple questions?

Hard to explain. Formless light

latest_eit_171.jpg

I used to have that image on my desktop for about a year. No that's not it. More like a blank sheet of paper without edges.

Fluffy clouds? You mean like the one's in Monty Python with the feet which bounce up and down with the sun? Or were you thinking the clouds that the Snuggles Bear falls into? :lmao: