Goodbye Jesus

Isis Elimination

Guest end3

I don't think I can see much difference in this description vs. God taking out a population of sinners.

That's cuz there ISN'T "much difference"...

Your point being?

Everyone says how barbaric God is in his dealing with evil yet we agree it appears.

I'd rather nobody killed each other. Should the babies of ISIS people be killed just in case their genes are bad?

It wouldn't surprise me if the children of that group aspired to be like their parents....

Have heard several modern men say destroy, eliminate, "kill them all", when describing how do deal with this amoral/immoral population. I don't think I can see much difference in this description vs. God taking out a population of sinners.

Reading this my mind goes tilt on various points but the one I would like to make is this: While humans deal with issues the human way and that sometimes involves killing even though it is the least humans should do and only when really no other way is possible the God topic is a whole other. If God is real he is God. I mean God. Omniscient omnipresent...so God would know better ways to deal with amoral/immoral populations then just eliminate them. Then he also is...ehm...God. The creator of all things. So how come he creates something he then needs to eliminate because it is not behaving the way he intended to?

I don't know. Maybe it would have interfered with the plan for Christ.

• Super Moderator

Everyone says how barbaric God is in his dealing with evil yet we agree it appears. 

Seriously?

First, is it surprising that a barbaric tribe would invent a barbaric god for themselves to use as an excuse for genocide? No, gods all have the characteristics of the society that invents them.

Second, this god has been given unlimited power, knowledge and foresight by his creators; yet, the best solution he can come up with is no better than barbaric humans would do? Such a god should do better than mere humans can do.

Have heard several modern men say destroy, eliminate, "kill them all", when describing how do deal with this amoral/immoral population. I don't think I can see much difference in this description vs. God taking out a population of sinners.

Reading this my mind goes tilt on various points but the one I would like to make is this: While humans deal with issues the human way and that sometimes involves killing even though it is the least humans should do and only when really no other way is possible the God topic is a whole other. If God is real he is God. I mean God. Omniscient omnipresent...so God would know better ways to deal with amoral/immoral populations then just eliminate them. Then he also is...ehm...God. The creator of all things. So how come he creates something he then needs to eliminate because it is not behaving the way he intended to?

Oh, really?

So God had to kill what he created because it did not behave the way he intended to and there was no other way to deal with those issues due to his plan for Christ he had in mind?

Sounds a bit off to me.

I don't think I can see much difference in this description vs. God taking out a population of sinners.

Your point being?

Are you surprised some people are barbaric?  I'm not.  I guess I'm better than god.  Why you think this is some kind of justification is beyond me.

When they cut your families heads off for not believing as they do, we can have this conversation again.

So you want it both ways.  Defending ourselves from enemies is barbaric?  Sometimes it is harder than hell to figure out what you think you are trying to say.

Oh and by the way, these things that ISIS is doing that are so barbaric . . . they are exactly the same sorts of things that the Bible attributes to Abraham, Moses, Joshua and David.  The only difference is that you are a hero when you do it for Yahweh.

Christians are the paragon of moral relativism.

Christ sucks at planning.

098-gods-plan.png

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

You're being disingenuous, End3.  We have already established (on multiple occasions) that the plan for christ would have been completely unnecessary had god not sold us all out in the garden.

Oh, really?

So God had to kill what he created because it did not behave the way he intended to and there was no other way to deal with those issues due to his plan for Christ he had in mind?

Sounds a bit off to me.

Appears that way

Your point being?

Ha-ha! You're funny! If you agree, it simply means that you favor barbarism, not that you agree with a god!

Ha-ha!

Another glimpse of the insanity that is religion!

You're so funny!

Tee-hee!

Not...

Your point being?

Are you surprised some people are barbaric?  I'm not.  I guess I'm better than god.  Why you think this is some kind of justification is beyond me.

When they cut your families heads off for not believing as they do, we can have this conversation again.

So we should go in and blow up an entire race of people? 

Anyway, I think you're chewing on some propaganda here.  There has been no confirmation they are threatening the heads of those who are not converting. 

Or maybe he just doesn't exist.

One plane missing, one shot down, Isis, Ukraine. It's random end3. Shit happens because of people, not because of gods. 

Your point being?

I'd rather nobody killed each other. Should the babies of ISIS people be killed just in case their genes are bad?

It wouldn't surprise me if the children of that group aspired to be like their parents....

Guilty and executed before they are old enough to think about committing a crime.  Lets sing about this in church.

How does the rest of the world defeat an ideology? That's what the "enemy" is, really.

Now, Hitler's ideology was fucked up as well yet his regime was defeated eventually.

Can the same tactics that worked in that case, work against ISIS?

How does the rest of the world defeat an ideology? That's what the "enemy" is, really.

Now, Hitler's ideology was fucked up as well yet his regime was defeated eventually.

MLK said peace

Jesus says love

And sometimes there is war.

Anyway, I think you're chewing on some propaganda here.  There has been no confirmation they are threatening the heads of those who are not converting.

That seems to be a winning solution. Regarding the propaganda, you think the militants are beheading people because they are not in charge or their oil?

That seems to be a winning solution. Regarding the propaganda, you think the militants are beheading people because they are not in charge or their oil?

They beheaded a journalist.  Stories that they are beheading xians comes from xian organizations, like Graham, hoping to bump up giving. 

When your government wants you to go to war, it's always a good idea to question the stories that piss you off. 

MLK said peace

Jesus says love

And sometimes there is war.

Why is it that you pass over the atrocities attributed to the heros of the Bible without commenting as if the topic didn't even come up?

Don't bother answering.  I think I already know.

On the original post, I agree with moanareina. God should have better ways of handling these problems than to order his chosen people to commit genocide.

On the issue of propaganda, does it bother anybody else that the US media seems to be a lap dog instead of a watch dog whenever the government decided to take military action? We eventually learn that some of the information was wrong, but only several years after the military action. Nobody in the media ever takes responsibility for failing to check their information.

I guess one of the official responsibilities of the CIA is to spread propaganda. Probably the CIA was only supposed to spread that propaganda in foreign media, but it seems that doesn't matter.

I am also annoyed by the way the CIA seems to get involved in politics - especially if some politician wants to reign-in the CIA.

Just my opinion (probably from reading to many UFO books smile.png )

• Super Moderator

Hitler fought with a legitimate army.  ISIS, as well as other terrorist/patriot groups do not.  We'll never get past Vietnam, because now the "enemy" blends in with the commoners.

There is no difference End. Let's kill 'em all and let Allah sort them out.

Appears our government has taken this stance <propaganda>.

Excuse me.  We do not kill every man, woman, child, baby, elderly, oxen, horse, sheep, goat, donkey, cat and dog the way the Bible calls for genocide.  Far too often we do bomb somebody allowing some extra loss of life but in the Bible complete genocide was the goal.  Not the same at all.  The Bible is far more evil.  You are being disingenuous.  If King David had our weapons and our military the destruction would be total.  Stop giving the Bible a pass.

Excuse me.  We do not kill every man, woman, child, baby, elderly, oxen, horse, sheep, goat, donkey, cat and dog the way the Bible calls for genocide.  Far too often we do bomb somebody allowing some extra loss of life but in the Bible complete genocide was the goal.  Not the same at all.  The Bible is far more evil.  You are being disingenuous.  If King David had our weapons and our military the destruction would be total.  Stop giving the Bible a pass.

Looks like the list you have made is largely "supplies". We don't try to limit supplies?

• Super Moderator

Looks like the list you have made is largely "supplies". We don't try to limit supplies?

Women and children are "supplies"?  End3, I'm ashamed of you.

Women and children are "supplies"?  End3, I'm ashamed of you.

"largely supplies". You know my stance on the genetics of it all. So somewhere in there, there is a line between self-defense and Grace for a perps of evil. I'll have to ask God how well I discerned when I get there.