Goodbye Jesus

Calvinism = Nazi

been borg again

I was thinking exactly the same thing.  Calvinists seem to take such great pleasure at arguing with, mocking, and hoping to laugh eternally at those that their own God has destined for destruction.  It makes NO sense.  I don't *believe* and according to Calvinists, that is God's will.  What good does it do to laugh at those God created for kindling? 

From a psychological perspective, it shows a deep-rooted doubt of their own belief system, and the need to build themselves up by mocking those that don't believe like them...but if the Calvinist REALLY believed what he was saying, he'd probably just be impartial towards non-believers...what's the point in mocking/arguing with those that God has destined for his eternal "justice?"

Maybe it's simply that they are predestined to be laughing!

Almost like The Joker in Batman, and his laughing-gas that kills...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been borg again

• Totallyatpeace

• Ouroboros

• Mythra

more calvin stuff.....

When Calvin came to power in Geneva, he first established a set of "Ordinances," and a committee called the "Consistory" to oversee adherence to the rules. These "spiritual police" would knock on doors and ask questions, go through people's books and letters, and were not to be resisted.

God, what a monster. How did he lose his power?

Wheeled carriages were prohibited, family feasts of over 20 people were forbidden.

I don't get why the carriages would be banned. I bet the poor people in that country were completely miserable. It's very sad that no beauty was allowed and what potiental the country could've had if it weren't for that prick.

I can definately see the similarities between it and the fundies of today. It makes you wonder how far they'd go if they got complete and udder control over America.

Maybe it's simply that they are predestined to be laughing!

Almost like The Joker in Batman, and his laughing-gas that kills...

Or it might be one of the few chances at happiness they'll get given all the restrictions they've suffered through in life.

Arrogant.

TAP, you rock!

No calvinist replies to this thread?

I am wondering your thoughts on Calvins character..

Did Calvin commit murder?

DId Calvin live the godly lifstyle?

Do you think Calvins rules & laws during the Geneva years was justified, moral, and right?

Was Calvin led by the holy spirit?

Guest MacGyver
No calvinist replies to this thread?

I am wondering your thoughts on Calvins character..

Did Calvin commit murder?

DId Calvin live the godly lifstyle?

Do you think Calvins rules & laws during the Geneva years was justified, moral, and right?

Was Calvin led by the holy spirit?

Whoa, settle down! I have never heard any of that stuff before about Calvin. As far as I previously knew Calvin was a stud, but my faith does not rest on Calvin. It's funny, among my Christian friends, I am the only calvinist, and I am the only one that has been involved in "theater, festivals, dancing, singing, cards". My roommates rebuke me for playing poker! I do not claim the calvinism shown here, but that from what I know of Calvin's teaching, it is consistent with the Bible. Not any of the above stuff, but what I know. The name Calvinist means as little to me as does the... well something I don't care about. If the above stuff is true, then Calvin murdered and was ungodly, unjust, immoral and wrong. But I'm not going to take your word about Calvin as fact until I find it for myself.

Whoa, settle down!  I have never heard any of that stuff before about Calvin.  As far as I previously knew Calvin was a stud, but my faith does not rest on Calvin.  It's funny, among my Christian friends, I am the only calvinist, and I am the only one that has been involved in "theater, festivals, dancing, singing, cards".  My roommates rebuke me for playing poker!  I do not claim the calvinism shown here, but that from what I know of Calvin's teaching, it is consistent with the Bible.  Not any of the above stuff, but what I know.  The name Calvinist means as little to me as does the... well something I don't care about.  If the above stuff is true, then Calvin murdered and was ungodly, unjust, immoral and wrong.  But I'm not going to take your word about Calvin as fact until I find it for myself.

I claim your faith does rest on Calvin , if you accept the 5 points of Calvinism.

Because you are interpreting the bible useing the filter of Calvin to be your giude in interpreting the bible.... the reason why it seems Calvinism is consistent with the bible.

I validate my claim by pointing out the thousands of sincere bible believing christian doctrines who do not accept the calvinist interpretation of the bible.

Anyway, yes the History of Calvin is true, google "John Calvin Primary sourses"

Primary Source Documents

A massive collection of primary sources pertaining to early american history.

... To John Calvin and the Genevan theologians, President John Adams credited ...

www.constitution.org/primarysources/primarysources.html - 135k - Cached - Similar pages

Primary Source Documents

A massive collection of primary sources pertaining to early american history.

... presented the thesis of this book to John Calvin, and Calvin endorsed it. ...

personal.pitnet.net/primarysources/ - 272k - Cached - Similar pages

John Calvin [internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy]

... figure with a greater reputation for disapproval of philosophy than John Calvin.

... References and Further Reading. Primary Sources. Secondary Sources ...

www.iep.utm.edu/c/calvin.htm - 42k - Cached - Similar pages

John (Jean) Calvin

Subject Guide to Warner Library's John Calvin. ... Calvin in Context engages a

much wider range of primary sources than the standard introductions. ...

www.eastern.edu/library/ www/Subjects/Christian/calvin.htm - 26k - Cached - Similar pages

Medieval Sourcebook: Full Text Sources

... WEB List of Late Antique Primary Sources on the Web maintained at the Society

... John Calvin (1509-1564): Biblical Commentaries [At CCEL]; John Calvin ...

www.fordham.edu/halsall/sbook2.html - Similar pages

Primary Sources TOC

Primary Sources Table of Contents for the Shiflett, Shifflet, Shiplet, ...

VA: John T. and Barbara C. Obaugh Shiplet Bible; WV: John Calvin and Emma Jane ...

www.shifletfamily.org/PS/ - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

The Gutless Pacifist: The More I Read About John Calvin, The Less ...

... If any of you care to defend John Calvin in this affair, I'm willing to listen.

... I usually don't formulate my opinion based on non-primary sources. ...

www.gutlesspacifist.com/gp/archives/002536.html - 35k - Cached - Similar pages

Europe TIMELINE

... Primary Source, Doctrine of Predestination, John Calvin (excerpts) ...

Primary Source, On Civil Government, John Calvin (excerpts) France/Switzerland ...

www.wwnorton.com/college/ history/ralph/referenc/europe.htm - 40k - Cached - Similar pages

Interpreting John Calvin A Summary of Ford Lewis Battles' Work

... about Calvin and his theology were the primary sources in the original languages

... Interpreting John Calvin: Chapter 2, The Sources of Calvin’s Seneca ...

www.apuritansmind.com/Reformation/ McMahonInterpretingJohnCalvinSummary.htm - 50k - Cached - Similar pages

CSU Libraries: Primary Sources for Historical Research

... For primary sources, try a keyword search with the word "diaries. ...

[Papers/Writings of] John Calvin, Jacques Casanova, Winston S. Churchill, ...

lib.colostate.edu/research/history/primarysources.html - 33k - Jun 1, 2005 - Cached - Similar pages

BBA - thanks for the education on Calvin. Never heard this stuff before. Almost beyond belief, the atrocities committed in the name of Christ. What the indwelling of the Holy Spirit won't cause a person to do...........

Mac is correct though, Calvinism is completely and totally scriptural. But then, so is Armenianism. Of course, they are polar opposites. :shrug: