Goodbye Jesus

What Makes A Person An Atheist And Why

Guest michaelrosenweig

Guest michaelrosenweig

Here are a few answers for a few people.

Ok, for those of us that are interested in where I am coming from, this is the real deal.

Though this may seem outlandish, I have seen first-hand miracles that blew me away. If anyone would like to know what I am saying for real, I shall gladly give the details. The details include tow incurable diseases that I was healed from. By the way, there is documentation to back up what i say.

By the way, I am not saying God does that kind of miracles all of the time. That would be lying.

Why doesn't God heal all sickness and put an end to all pain is a question no one has the answer to. Also, no one knows why people seemingly die before their time.

Also, why doesn't God grow back the limbs of amputee's? Though a case like that would be extremely rare, there may be an amputee that a limb actually grew back. That is something I would like to see, also. I happen to have connections throughout the wordld, and shall look into it.

I happen to be a Christian man with Jewish roots. Jews have more things in common with Christians than one might think. IE: The Ten Commandments, not the movie, neither.

Also, I never said that non-bible believing Thiests are Athiests. I suppose to every person, it is a different opinion.

As far as Yeshua dying on the cross, thay may be true in the physical sense of the word, but to many people, including myself, He is alive in the spiritual realm.

This is why I cannot fathom why some people do not choose to belive in some kind of Supreme Being.

In my estimation, it is a lot more appealing to think there is a final destination of heaven, paradise, nirvana, the happy hunting ground, or any other similar place than to dissolve into nothingness after we die. However, it is the individuals perrogative to believe or not believe. Whatever floats your boat.

I only state my opinions from personal experience, and am not knocking those who do not believe in any God or gods, nor am I starting a mess with people who do not believe in God the same way as me.

I hope miracles come your way. To me they are life changing.

peace, and out

Very Truly Yours,

Michael

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quicksand

• KenneyVTX

• Amethyst

• Japedo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, Michael, I like to know the details of your experience.

Particularly, I would be interested to know if you were a secular Jew, and you became a Christian because of your healing experience; or that you were a Rabbinic Judaism Jew, and you converted to Christianity due to that miraculous experience.

Thank you for sharing.

.....it is a lot more appealing to think there is a final destination of heaven, paradise, nirvana, the happy hunting ground, or any other similar place than to dissolve into nothingness after we die.

Of course it's more appealing, look how many believe it with absolutely NO proof! However, 2 billion people beliving a falsehood doesn't make it true.

Dan

... In my estimation, it is a lot more appealing to think there is a final destination of heaven, paradise, nirvana, the happy hunting ground, or any other similar place than to dissolve into nothingness after we die. However, it is the individuals perrogative to believe or not believe. Whatever floats your boat....

Michael

First sentence: absolutely true. It IS a lot more appealing to wrap oneself in denial of the inevitably of death than to admit that this life is all we have and to go out and make it as good as possible. Christianity is an emotional reaction to the fear of death.

Second sentence: absolutely wrong, wrong, WRONG! In my experience, belief is NOT a perogative; I cannot choose what to believe. I tried to believe the christianity myth but I'm no good at self-hypnosis. I can only believe what my cognitive mind accepts based on rational thinking.

Could you convince yourself to believe in flying pink unicorns? What about if your soul depended on it? Go ahead, give it a go and get back to us with the results of the experiment.

This is why I cannot fathom why some people do not choose to belive in some kind of Supreme Being.

In my estimation, it is a lot more appealing to think there is a final destination of heaven, paradise, nirvana, the happy hunting ground, or any other similar place than to dissolve into nothingness after we die. However, it is the individuals perrogative to believe or not believe. Whatever floats your boat.

This is the entire basis for your belief in the supernatural. Not the trustworthiness of scripture, not even your witnessing phenomena that may be hard to explain - at this point, but that you fear the finality of your own death. That's a shame really. A tragic shame.

Why do I say it’s a shame? Because you will never know the joy of making the most of this one and only life you will ever have, because you are looking to the hope of a different one that will be better for you. Think about it, if you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you want to experience in this life? If you knew there wasn't a happy hunting ground you go to when you die, wouldn't it make you cherish and value this only, unique, brief life you have with everything you could? It's not depressing to know when we die, it's over. It's absolutely liberating!!

Here's a thought for you to consider. What if heaven was less pleasant than this life? Shouldn't you make the most of this one then?

In a sense I have a supreme "god" if you will, it's called being alive. The purpose of life is living. Consequently, I'm not driven by my fear of death to deny reality, see the face of a god I want to believe on in some tree bark, or some as of yet unexplained thing (which always, always turns out to be natural anyway - not one miracle has stood the test of scrutiny). I'm not driven to be irrational in the face of knowledge.

The world is natural. Life is natural. Death is natural. None of these three is bad. Why do you think it’s bad? It's part of life.

BTW, I hope your "over and out" doesn't mean your jumping ship just after you started a conversation? That would be really impolite to do that. Why should people waste their energies talking to someone who doesn't want to discuss anything?

peace, and out

Very Truly Yours,

Michael

Wow!

Did this poster just come, post a thread, evangelize, and run away? :twitch:

If he thinks he has something to offer... why not see if it stands the test of not waivering or falling?

Gosh... his loss!

Are people so fragile in their beliefs... they think they must post and run? Fear, I guess... :shrug:

Anyway, I was just going to say "welcome and hope he stayed around."

Guest michaelrosenweig

Amanda, I am not going anywhere until it is time.

If I left suddenly, it would not be out of fear, but would depend upon whether or not it would be futile in staying around.

Evangelism is not what I would call it. It is up to the individual to make his or her decision on what has been testified of. I merely have seen very strange things happen indeed first hand, that in fact happened. In fact it kinda freaks me out in the way that why did He chose to heal me, and let countless others suffer and die. Not to mention thousands of orphans out there, and also the starving people. What a way to go! There are many things I fail to understand.

Kinda bewildered,

Michael

Did this poster just come, post a thread, evangelize, and run away? :twitch:

If he thinks he has something to offer... why not see if it stands the test of not waivering or falling?

Gosh... his loss!

Are people so fragile in their beliefs... they think they must post and run? Fear, I guess... :shrug:

Anyway, I was just going to say "welcome and hope he stayed around."

Guest michaelrosenweig

Antlerman, Thank you for your post..

Don't get me wrong, I respect you, and what you believe or what you may not believe. that is irrelevent. Though I could, I am not going to put chapter and verse before you from the bible.

What happened to me is concrete, and is not something abstract. The healing is there and in my face. What happened astounds me. For real, it blows me away. I cannot imagine that happening, being chosen for unexplained phenominal occurances. If you knew more about me, you would know I am strong in science, and remain baffled by the supernatural.

What I have is fact that cannot be denied, and that is that I was once nearly crippled and now I can walk and even run, and in another case I was almost literally dead in the hospital in the mid to late 1970's and decades later I am alive and well. I believe that to have been the intervention of God.

Maybe faith in God does not work for you, however, it does for me. In your opinion, which you have every right to have, what I believe is a fallacy, and is not reality for you, but it is reality to me.

Very Truly Yours,

Michael.

PS, I spend limited time on the computer

This is the entire basis for your belief in the supernatural. Not the trustworthiness of scripture, not even your witnessing phenomena that may be hard to explain - at this point, but that you fear the finality of your own death. That's a shame really. A tragic shame.

Why do I say it’s a shame? Because you will never know the joy of making the most of this one and only life you will ever have, because you are looking to the hope of a different one that will be better for you. Think about it, if you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you want to experience in this life? If you knew there wasn't a happy hunting ground you go to when you die, wouldn't it make you cherish and value this only, unique, brief life you have with everything you could? It's not depressing to know when we die, it's over. It's absolutely liberating!!

Here's a thought for you to consider. What if heaven was less pleasant than this life? Shouldn't you make the most of this one then?

In a sense I have a supreme "god" if you will, it's called being alive. The purpose of life is living. Consequently, I'm not driven by my fear of death to deny reality, see the face of a god I want to believe on in some tree bark, or some as of yet unexplained thing (which always, always turns out to be natural anyway - not one miracle has stood the test of scrutiny). I'm not driven to be irrational in the face of knowledge.

The world is natural. Life is natural. Death is natural. None of these three is bad. Why do you think it’s bad? It's part of life.

BTW, I hope your "over and out" doesn't mean your jumping ship just after you started a conversation? That would be really impolite to do that. Why should people waste their energies talking to someone who doesn't want to discuss anything?

Guest michaelrosenweig

Scotter, thank you for your post.

I would be delighted to share with you the healing experience I had. my personal email address is michael.rosenweig@gmail.com if you would like to write me. Being that you asked me personally, I would like to write you personally.

Shalom B'Yeshua

Very Truly Yours,

Micahel

Yes, Michael, I like to know the details of your experience.

Particularly, I would be interested to know if you were a secular Jew, and you became a Christian because of your healing experience; or that you were a Rabbinic Judaism Jew, and you converted to Christianity due to that miraculous experience.

Thank you for sharing.

Ok, for those of us that are interested in where I am coming from, this is the real deal.

Though this may seem outlandish, I have seen first-hand miracles that blew me away. If anyone would like to know what I am saying for real, I shall gladly give the details. The details include tow incurable diseases that I was healed from. By the way, there is documentation to back up what i say.

Okay, I'm game for the documentation and proof.

By the way, I am not saying God does that kind of miracles all of the time. That would be lying.

Okay, so what do you attribute to the 'miracles' the times god doesn't intercede?

Why doesn't God heal all sickness and put an end to all pain is a question no one has the answer to. Also, no one knows why people seemingly die before their time.

Also, why doesn't God grow back the limbs of amputee's? Though a case like that would be extremely rare, there may be an amputee that a limb actually grew back. That is something I would like to see, also. I happen to have connections throughout the wordld, and shall look into it.

You do that then report back to us about your findings. :mellow:

I happen to be a Christian man with Jewish roots. Jews have more things in common with Christians than one might think. IE: The Ten Commandments, not the movie, neither.

:lmao: It's clear to me you were never educated into the Jewish Lifestyle. Having Jewish heritage does not a practicing Jew make. No Practicing Jew would claim there was only 10 commandments, there are 613 Mitzvah (commandments) 613 are here if you care to read Every educated Jew Knows this as sure as the sun rises. As it is a requirement to "know" the torah. The First Law in the Jewish law isn't even on the books in the Christians ones. It is clear to me the things you've stated in your posts that you are not an educated Jew, you are one of two things. 1) A Jew that has been grossly mislead away from their lifestyle/ Secular non-practicing or 2) A liar and a Christian using the line that you're part Jewish to sway the uneducated Jew or to collect sympathy from this Apostolate crowd, believing we are uneducated about the belief itself. Hoping this will somehow win you points with us. Either way, you stepped in it and need to clarify if you wish to have such an open and "Honest" discussion.

Also, I never said that non-bible believing Thiests are Athiests. I suppose to every person, it is a different opinion.

As far as Yeshua dying on the cross, thay may be true in the physical sense of the word, but to many people, including myself, He is alive in the spiritual realm.

Are you speaking of the Yeshu of the Talmud? He didn't die on a cross he was hung from a tree. His mother was not Mary she was Miriam but what am I say'n you're a Jew and already know this right? :Doh:

But Of course you can't fathom, It's clear you can't fathom facts either but I digress

Michael...

You've already posted on another thread here of a "miraculous cure" of ulcerative colitis, which sounded then like simply good medical care. Yet, you keep vaguely testifying of this supposed divine intervention. Michael...UC is a disease with a variable course and variable severity, and immunomodulation agents like azathioprine have been quite successful. UC is known to go into remission for extended periods. (Source: National Digestive Disease Information Clearing House)

Now understand, I'm glad you're doing better. But you're going to have a tough time convincing many people here that you were the recipient of a miracle. Most of us here, if we thought long enough, could probably come up with memories of events in our lives that with a little imagination could be attributed to supernatural intervention, but in reality were not.

The difference between you and us...one of them, anyway...is that we seek answers within the boundaries of a natural world. We don't leap to the supernatural.

So...your imaginary god that put you so starry-eyed can cure your colitis, but he was unwilling to preserve the lives of five innocent Amish children, his most humble servants. Diabolical.

Face it...you're just afraid to die, as others here have observed. Believe all you like, but there's not a whit of evidence for any life after this one...not one whit.

What happened to me is concrete, and is not something abstract. The healing is there and in my face. What happened astounds me. For real, it blows me away. I cannot imagine that happening, being chosen for unexplained phenominal occurances. If you knew more about me, you would know I am strong in science, and remain baffled by the supernatural.

Yes, what happened to you is concrete. But your perception of it is not.

What I have is fact that cannot be denied, and that is that I was once nearly crippled and now I can walk and even run, and in another case I was almost literally dead in the hospital in the mid to late 1970's and decades later I am alive and well. I believe that to have been the intervention of God.

The fact is that you underwent a change. But you cannot directly link that change to the Biblical God. You believe that that's who is responsible, but there are documented cases of experiences just like yours in other religions, or without religion. You only have chosen to attribute it to the Christian God because it was under those circumstances that you gave yourself the ability and confidence to change (i.e. have your miracle). The fact is that all that was required was you attaining the proper mindset. The religion is excess.

Intervention of God (a spiritual life force), maybe. Intervention of the Biblical God? No way.

Okay, I'm game for the documentation and proof.

Yeah, where's the proof? I recall asking for it in another thread, and was ignored completely. If he keeps making fantastic claims like that without providing the evidence, he shouldn't be surprised that people are not going to believe him.

This is the Internet. Just because people type something doesn't make it so, and this is a website full of skeptics who require scientific evidence before they believe in things, generally speaking. I could say I was abducted by aliens the other day, but people would be foolish to believe me without proof.

I could say I was abducted by aliens the other day, but people would be foolish to believe me without proof.

If you showed us the magic alien decoder ring, we'd believe it. :grin:

Guest michaelrosenweig

[

It seems that whatever I may post is futile. I know what I know, and it does not matter what others may think.

When it comes down to it, I don't think it bright to give out my documentation and personal information about what took place. If anyone does not believe me, that is their problem.

However, my case took place in Atlantic City Hospital, and the dates I had previously mentioned.

my hands are now washed.

I am not any judge or jury, but I'll be praying for you

Yeah, where's the proof? I recall asking for it in another thread, and was ignored completely. If he keeps making fantastic claims like that without providing the evidence, he shouldn't be surprised that people are not going to believe him.

This is the Internet. Just because people type something doesn't make it so, and this is a website full of skeptics who require scientific evidence before they believe in things, generally speaking. I could say I was abducted by aliens the other day, but people would be foolish to believe me without proof.

It seems that whatever I may post is futile. I know what I know, and it does not matter what others may think.

When it comes down to it, I don't think it bright to give out my documentation and personal information about what took place. If anyone does not believe me, that is their problem.

However, my case took place in Atlantic City Hospital, and the dates I had previously mentioned.

my hands are now washed.

Okay, take your ball and go home because you don't think we play fair.

I can save you time, Mike. He can't. :shrug:

Sure, now you say that it doesn't matter. After asking all of us for our opinions and testimonials. Make. Up. Your. Mind. :scratch:
my hands are now washed.
Washed of what?
I formally reject your prayers and request that you exclude me from them.

Well one thing is for sure, you're beginning to know you can't pull the wool over our eyes, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside for some reason.

You are the one that offered to give Proof and details, now that you're asked to prove it you develop this chip on your shoulder. What gives? You came to our refuge and started spouting your diatribe. People here have faced life changing and some times life shattering crossroads to get where they are today. You come in here touting your Jewish/Christian self making claims you refuse to back up. You haven't even so much as acknowledged or addressed your failings to address the Jewish faith like you claim to know but don't. IMO this makes you not only a fraud but a coward ta boot. It's the standard mode of operation for you guys. You come here all gun-ho then when faced with facts you shriek away in horror and anger.

:shrug:

my hands are now washed.

Of what? You're the one that's walking away failing to prove your case you came here expecting us to buy. It's now posted for others to read how much of a case you don't have, thanks!

Well, In this case I'll take it upon myself to be both judge and jury of this lame ass thread. :Wendywhatever:

Make the world a better place, by perhaps helping someone and save the getting on your knees and begging some ghost to do some magic trick.

my hands are now washed.

:)Hey Michael... glad to see you're still around! Welcome!

The question now is: WHY DON'T YOU BELIEVE IN "SNARF"? (Sounds silly now, doesn't it? See my point?)

Wasn't he Lion-O's pet on ThunderCats?

hmmph. So you put "No BS allowed" in your topic when asking why are people athiest?

Because why should I believe in the Christian God if my fellow "brethren" swear , fornicate, and break all the rules of their holy book?

Oh! and I've heard that cussing is ok by some Christians, and some Christians say it is not ok. Theres another reason why I'm borderline athiest. Seems like the almighty God's book can't get an all in one Church. How many different doctrines are there? jeeze, its too overwhelming.

I was happy with accepting Jesus as my personal lord and savior. Even happy with praying. But then when it came to understanding the bible, faith started to fall apart! Then trying to talk to other Christians about it!! They dont want to hear it! Not all of them though, of course.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, then you will understand why I dismiss yours." -- Stephen F. Roberts

That's a terrible quote.

Thank you! I've seen this quote thrown around many times before and wondered if I was the only one who didn't like it. I guess it makes the point, but it needs help....

:wave:Welcome Velocity Child!

I think you will find some interesting answers to your questions here. :)

I think there is a very fine line between those that are Atheist, and those that believe that all things are parts of God. Maybe the only difference is an Atheist sees all things as it is what it is, and those that believe all is part of God see all things as it is as it is, while having an inviolable (sacred) component to it. Maybe there's no difference at all. :scratch:

:)Hey Michael... glad to see you're still around! Welcome!

Looks like you'll have to retract that thought now.

He's going GOING GOOONNNE!