Goodbye Jesus

Speaking In Tongues

StewartP

There are four thousand christian converts to The Religion of The Pentecostalists everyday ! Do you know why This Religion hold so much attraction for You ?

Who is this "You" that you are speaking to. Everyone here no longer belongs to "This Religion" that you speak of. If you are attacking Christians, then don't talk down to those of us here. But I think you have an agenda trying to push Your God upon us, thinking we are easy targets because we are godless, or at least confused and easily convertable.

Talk to us. Tell us your story. Let us know who you are as a person. I am not a label, I do not fit into a catagory. Who are you, the individual?

Are you for or against religion? Or are you for or against a particular religion?

Have you read the threads in the testimonies section, to get an idea of the type of free thinkers and non-conformists we have become, and that quoting religious text at us as if it were truth, as if we did not already know that stuff, is counter-productive to your points.

And, just so you know what is what, My Business On This Board Is To Make Comments About What Other People Post, When The Mood Strikes Me. Kind Of The Point To Being On A Board, To Get Other People's Feedback On What You Think. Get It?

Taaliba22, your posts are extremely and painfully confusing. Maybe you should try to make fewer or shorter posts and less quoting and more just give your opinion... I'm not sure, there's just something about your posts that doesn't make sense. I tried to read one or two, but I'm not sure what you wanted to say, or if yet were saying anything at all. I've seen some of these random gibberish spam e-mails making more sense, and that's really bad. If you continue making bunches of posts that looks just like glossolalia and need the "spirit of discernment" to even get the gist of them, I might be forced to ban you under the rule of "no spamming allowed", because I see your posts being more like spam than content. I'm starting to suspect that you're a Christ-Bot-Software that just randomly respond to stuff on this site based on some algorithm... and then I'm starting to wonder why the heck I'm talking to a machine!? :scratch:

Can't Deal With The Truth I See

"Truth" with capital "T" should make sense and not look like gibberish and spam. The truth you were trying to convey in your posts, it was so scrambled that speaking in tongues have more grammar and content. Can you give me a short, concise, to the point summary of what you said? You see, some of us work 60 hours a week and have a family... The time I have is valuable and I prefer to understand what I read. So again, make your posts short, organized, to the point, break it up so I can see where you quote someone or where you state your point, and stop Capitalize Every Word In Your Sentence, Because Truth Is That It Is Grammatically Wrong. So if you continue to do it, I can give your comment back to you, "Can't Deal With The Truth I See".

-edit-

Taaliba22, explain one thing for me... how is it possible that I can, right now, here in front of the computer, as an non-theist and an ex-Christian, still speak in tongues? If it is the Holy Spirit doing it, well he shouldn't be in me anymore. If it is my born-again spirit, then I shouldn't be able to do it either, since my spirit should be dead. So how can I do it still?

Can't Deal With The Truth I See

"Truth" with capital "T" should make sense and not look like gibberish and spam. The truth you were trying to convey in your posts, it was so scrambled that speaking in tongues have more grammar and content. Can you give me a short, concise, to the point summary of what you said? You see, some of us work 60 hours a week and have a family... The time I have is valuable and I prefer to understand what I read. So again, make your posts short, organized, to the point, break it up so I can see where you quote someone or where you state your point, and stop Capitalize Every Word In Your Sentence, Because Truth Is That It Is Grammatically Wrong. So if you continue to do it, I can give your comment back to you, "Can't Deal With The Truth I See".

-edit-

Taaliba22, explain one thing for me... how is it possible that I can, right now, here in front of the computer, as an non-theist and an ex-Christian, still speak in tongues? If it is the Holy Spirit doing it, well he shouldn't be in me anymore. If it is my born-again spirit, then I shouldn't be able to do it either, since my spirit should be dead. So how can I do it still?

If I Were Telling You What You Wanted To Hear / Read , It Wouldn't Matter How I Type Or How Much I'm Writeing , We Both Know This To Be True . But To Answer Your Question If You Still Can Speak In Tongues As You Say , Then That Tell Me That The Un-Holy Spirit Still Houseing Your Body . Meaning The Devil Is Speaking Through You . Now If You Want To Banned Me Because I'm Not Feeding Your Ego . Go Head . I Don't Play The Kiss Up Game .

If I Were Telling You What You Wanted To Hear / Read , It Wouldn't Matter How I Type Or How Much I'm Writeing , We Both Know This To Be True . But To Answer Your Question If You Still Can Speak In Tongues As You Say , Then That Tell Me That The Un-Holy Spirit Still Houseing Your Body . Meaning The Devil Is Speaking Through You . Now If You Want To Banned Me Because I'm Not Feeding Your Ego . Go Head . I Don't Play The Kiss Up Game .

Feisty one,

It does matter if your writing is so confused that it doesn't make any sense and doesn't have a point. I can only compare it to spam (if you know what that is, and I'm not talking about the tin can). It has nothing to do with my ego, but the simple fact that we prefer to not fill this website with junk. I don't care if the trash in a trashcan is kissing my butt or not, it is still trash.

Regarding my un-holy spirit, it's kind of funny that those "Holy" people could not distinguish my tongues from their own. I did pray in a "spirit filled" group a couple of years ago, and they said they were touched by God and such. So if God can inspire them through my "demons", then I'm sorry, there's no difference between your God and your Devil, they are the same. Besides, I recognize some of the "words" as being the same ones I could hear myself saying as a Christian.

The TRUTH is that glossolalia has nothing to do spirits or demons, but by some basic functionality in our brain that it can invent and generate made-up language. I've heard (non Christian) commedians do it, and even make it sound like French, German or whatever language they wanted, but it was all gibberish.

Feisty one,

It does matter if your writing is so confused that it doesn't make any sense and doesn't have a point. I can only compare it to spam (if you know what that is, and I'm not talking about the tin can). It has nothing to do with my ego, but the simple fact that we prefer to not fill this website with junk. I don't care if the trash in a trashcan is kissing my butt or not, it is still trash.

Regarding my un-holy spirit, it's kind of funny that those "Holy" people could not distinguish my tongues from their own. I did pray in a "spirit filled" group a couple of years ago, and they said they were touched by God and such. So if God can inspire them through my "demons", then I'm sorry, there's no difference between your God and your Devil, they are the same. Besides, I recognize some of the "words" as being the same ones I could hear myself saying as a Christian.

The TRUTH is that glossolalia has nothing to do spirits or demons, but by some basic functionality in our brain that it can invent and generate made-up language. I've heard (non Christian) commedians do it, and even make it sound like French, German or whatever language they wanted, but it was all gibberish.

Funny Thing About Testimony = Speak In Tongues Its Nothing But Gibberish No One As Of Yet Have Been Able To

Translated , And That's Because The Only The Devil Knows What He Saying At The Time . And If You Knew Anything About The Truth You Would Know The Above Post Is On Point .

Don't you find typing crap with every letter capitalised a nuisance?

Wouldn't that make it Crapitalized?

Funny Thing About Testimony = Speak In Tongues Its Nothing But Gibberish No One As Of Yet Have Been Able To

Translated , And That's Because The Only The Devil Knows What He Saying At The Time . And If You Knew Anything About The Truth You Would Know The Above Post Is On Point .

So... you're saying speaking in tongues is from the Devil... which means, justl like I said, that Jesus, God and Satan are all the same character. Since the Bible talk about tongues as a gift from God, but you now say it is from the Devil, well then... why is it so difficult for you to make the connection?

And you're also saying that my post (The Above Post) is on point? Good, then we're in agreement. Glossolalia has nothing to do with the supernatural. I'm glad that you finally managed to agree on that.

When it comes to the Truth, I'm very sad to see that you don't know it. Because I do know the Truth, and you don't, and I can tell that you're not on the level to grasp it even if I told you.

BET YOUR WIFE HAVE MORE BALLS THEN YOU HAVE BECAUSE YOU'RE ALWAYS B###ING

My, aren't WE Madam Pissy?

Still, following an imprisoned Racketeer and serial child molester must make you defensive. you share his predilections too, or do you just jerk off imagining 9 year olds?

And all caps just makes you look more of a twat than nature already wrought...

My, aren't WE Madam Pissy?

Still, following an imprisoned Racketeer and serial child molester must make you defensive. you share his predilections too, or do you just jerk off imagining 9 year olds?

THAT DOESN'T CHANGE YOU ACTING LIKE A WOMAN NOW DOES IT .

You're the one with Gender issues... but for the record, I'm more of a man than you'll ever be, and more of a woman than you'll ever have.

So, how does 'Doctor' York like being E-wing bitch? After all, child molesters are real popular in prison, if you get my drift. Does he still have his upper and lower incisors? If they're knocked out in *just* the right way, it feels just like the real thing, I've heard.

BTW, questions end with a question mark. One of these '?'

Now I'm the one who can't figure out the expletive. "B###ING" ITCH doesn't fit....ALL does. Definition of "balling" could be sexual intercourse. And if your wife has more balls than you because you are always "balling" you just might take that as a compliment. To me it means you've been quite active and your wife is one happy lady.

I pondered that...

B###ING = BangING???

BUNTING? Maybe?

Anyway. getting past Ta's projecting of his inability to deal contructively with lighthearted banter:

I have never experienced first hand the speaking in tongues. I can't imagine not viewing it as a psychologoical problem or mass hysteria.

When did speaking in tongues mean speaking gibberish? Should it not be speaking in foreign langauges to help in the conversion of others....like say, going door to door and not be stumped by non-native langauge speaking people?

Why is it now viewed as an epyleptic seizure? Or am I missing something never having seen an episode live?

(*edited to add some missing "?" before GH gets all B### on me*)

Hmm.... BurpING, BallING, BuckING, BaskING?

If you really want to see some craziness, watch Jesus Camp. I saw it yesterday and they had little kids speaking in tongues over a cardboard cut out of George Bush.

You know, it's one thing for adults to knowingly and deceptively "speak in tongues" but to encourage young children in this delusion is just apalling.

BUNTING? Maybe?

Anyway. getting past Ta's projecting of his inability to deal contructively with lighthearted banter:

I have never experienced first hand the speaking in tongues. I can't imagine not viewing it as a psychologoical problem or mass hysteria.

When did speaking in tongues mean speaking gibberish? Should it not be speaking in foreign langauges to help in the conversion of others....like say, going door to door and not be stumped by non-native langauge speaking people?

Why is it now viewed as an epyleptic seizure? Or am I missing something never having seen an episode live?

(*edited to add some missing "?" before GH gets all B### on me*)

It's less epilepsy, and more abnormal electrical activity in the Broca-Wernicke linguistic complex. There were some tests in on people who speak in tongues that showed wither abnormal activity in those areas of rhe left brain, or sometime in the complementary areas of the right brain. Strange to say, the left brain tends to be the side you get auditory effects more than verbal (a la schizophrenics), where as right brain tends to be burbled gibberish, although there is a form of grammar to the nonsense words.

As has been pointed out, in Acts the 'gift of tongues' was to allow the Apostles to evangelise in other languages, not impress the flock on Sundays with how holy they were... I don't see many folks spontaneously learning Afghan, so...

Guest Conspicio

Thanks for being an ass Taaliba! People Of Your Caliber Reinforce The Fact That I Made A Good Choice In Ditching The Fairy Tales. In a strange twist of fate I shall pray for your soul to the great God of gaming. I hope you like this. (Not my work)

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!

May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!

May j00 0wn earth just like j00 0wn heaven.

Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.

And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz, just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.

Please don't give us root access on some poor d00d'z box when we're too pissed off to think about what's right and wrong, and if you could keep the fbi off our backs, we'd appreciate it.

For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Mmm..... Fundies.

Guest Conspicio

Funny...after I posted this I noticed Grandpa Harleys banner...

Sorry Grandpa, it was for the greater good. Sheesh... Someone get me an edit button.

And no, I dont talk in leet =D

I'm sayin' NUTHIN'....NUTH-IN!!111