Goodbye Jesus

Mentally Challenged Christian's Posts

Guest BradtheImpaler

Guest BradtheImpaler

Anyone who has frequented Christian discussion forums has experienced these. I only wish I had written down all I have come across in the last few years cause it would make a great book as this "river" of inane comments will never run dry. As it is, these are just a few Mentally Challenged posters I have compiled in just the last few weeks on just one Christian forum.

(Oh yes, and keep in mind I'm not making these up...)

"Yes, Gandhi was evil and Gandhi is in hell right now for not having received Christ as saviour. And why would I want a black for President if I am not black?"

"As usual, you have nothing except to SAY things. No, 2nd Timothy isn't late and fake. You folks keep saying it, but that's your stock and trade - you SAY stuff."

"Sorry, but YOU are the one who accepts the statement 'demons don't exist' as if that has some meaning. It has no substance behind it at all. I demand proof and evidence for what I believe. You evidently have no need of it and favor statements like 'demons don't exist'".

"You will be laughing out of the other side of your head when you stand before Christ after passing away and he tosses you into hell for all eternity."

"I am not confused about anything. If you state I am confused then what exactly am I confused about? (Note: He ended this statement with a "confused" smilie!)

"Anyone who denies that miracles happen today is utterly incapable of logical and analytical thinking and is being guided by Satan."

Let's keep this one going - who has some more to contribute?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Antlerman

• Ouroboros

• Mad_Gerbil

• Grandpa Harley

Guest BradtheImpaler
Anyone who has frequented Christian discussion forums has experienced these. I only wish I had written down all I have come across in the last few years cause it would make a great book as this "river" of inane comments will never run dry. As it is, these are just a few Mentally Challenged posters I have compiled in just the last few weeks on just one Christian forum.

"Yes, Gandhi was evil and Gandhi is in hell right now for not having received Christ as saviour. And why would I want a black for President if I am not black?"

"As usual, you have nothing except to SAY things. No, 2nd Timothy isn't late and fake. You folks keep saying it, but that's your stock and trade - you SAY stuff."

"Sorry, but YOU are the one who accepts the statement 'demons don't exist' as if that has some meaning. It has no substance behind it at all. I demand proof and evidence for what I believe. You evidently have no need of it and favor statements like 'demons don't exist'".

"You will be laughing out of the other side of your head when you stand before Christ after passing away and he tosses you into hell for all eternity."

"I am not confused about anything. If you state I am confused then what exactly am I confused about? (Note: He ended this statement with a "confused" smilie!)

"Anyone who denies that miracles happen today is utterly incapable of logical and analytical thinking and is being guided by Satan."

Guest BradtheImpaler

Oh, I forgot my favorite one...

"How credible a story is Washington crossing the Delaware? It can't be as likely as Jesus walking on the water."

That one's my personal "favorite," perhaps because variants of "that's just Satan talking" seem to be popular with the fundies around here. But I've certainly seen it on the Internet too. A couple of years ago, I was on an Internet site and the question came up, "why atheists get so irritated when we try to witness to them?" The questioner was a Christian, but she seemed reasonable and sincere, and I said, "ok, I'm an atheist, and I'll answer your question."

My answer basically boiled down to the fact that many Christians make incorrect assumptions about atheists (e.g., we're "lost" and still searching for answers, we've never heard of God/Jesus before, we're incapable of moral behavior since we don't have God telling us what to do, etc.). I also stated that many Christians toss away ordinary, common-sense principles of courtesy when witnessing, and that much of their behavior would be obviously rude and harassing, even to them, if it occurred in any other context.

During all of this, I was exquisitely polite; I stated my points clearly and unambiguously, but I also didn't want to give her or any other Christian any excuse to think I was being rude, argumentative, or ridiculing them or their beliefs. I also stressed that I didn't begrudge them the right to gather and practice their own beliefs with each other, or to witness to those who wanted to hear about Christianity. I also made a point of saying that while I think church/state separation is correct and important, I'm not a fanatic about it -- personally, I couldn't care less whether US currency has "in God we trust" on it or not, or whether the town hall erects a Christmas tree in December, but I do draw the line somewhere between those things and posting the commandments in school, courthouses, etc.

To her credit, she was polite and reasonable in her response -- something to the effect of "thanks for answering, you've given me some things to think about." But another Christian also chimed in with, "that's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard; you've obviously got Satan in you."

Idiots.

Them: "You've the devil in you".

Me: "Do you think he makes me look fat?"

At least they can't burn us for being non-Christians. They can only insult us.

I'll take stupid insults over being burned alive anyday.

Guest BradtheImpaler
One of my favorite web sites:

Fundies Say the Darndest Things

Be careful. Reading too many of these gems in one sitting can lead to brain splody.

OOOOOHHHH! The pastor whose image consultant has him looking like a heterosexual cowboy! :HaHa:

"That's gold, Jerry - GOLD!"

Some of those were really scary, some were very sad, but most were very "we are going to project our hate onto you, and pretend you are exactly like us, but eveil."

One of my favourites...

"Further, I do not think that main reason for marriage is procreation. I don't even that it is the main reason for sex. I think that the main reason for marriage is to end aloneness. I am sure I agree with him there, but I think that real sex and real marriage does not happen unless it is between a man and a woman. I think that this is the whole point of the hymen, that it was God's intent was for the marriage bed to be a covenant with blood spilled during the first time of sexual contact."

"I believe in "doing to others as I would have them do to me"!!! If I ever turn into a homosexual bent on having sex with men, I want you all to expose me as a non-believer lost in sin and preach against this abominable SIN!!!!

PREACH THE TRUTH, NOT LIES!!!!!"

"The sin of Homosexuality affects more than just the person, it affects many folks around him....Think of Aids for one....How would you feel about Rosy Odonell raising your children?"

....How would you feel about Rosy Odonell raising your children?"

Well, good thing she doesn't raise my [nonexistent] childeren. I can kind of understand the sentiment there on that one, though. Nothing about Rosie's love of tacos, but I just find her grating, annoying and a showboater. It's not about her orientation, its about her, ne?

As for actually contributing, may I invoke the 4 fold perfect proof of god. (I'd link, but I'm lazy)

Idle thing!

Step 4 - Just as Step 1 treats the natural, there is also the supernatural, in which there could not have been an eternity of the past of cause and effects of gods creating gods; otherwise, you would have had an eternity to be perfected to be without sin. Ergo, God did it, given Christ.

"God" shouldn't need an eternity to make us perfect, since "God Himself" is supposed to be perfect. There is so much wrong with all "four steps," but it seems to me that even a xtian should see right through "Step 4." :loser:

Here was a quote today I find on a fundie teen site when someone asked if it's bad to like Jazz music:

Jazz has it's roots in voodoo worship. So yes, it is.

More funny stuff. Birth control=God's Holy Smitage, admission that Christianity isn't rooted in logic, music makes you get jiggy with it before marriage, the "That Sounds an Awful lot like Anne Coulter" Award and how masturbation makes you a pedophile:

Nowhere is artificial birth control permitted in scripture, absolutely right IAA. .

The ONE CLEAR ATTEMPT at artificial birth control was met with DEATH at God's hand.

No postive statements regarding artificial brith control in support of it in the scriptures - - NOT ONE!

One VERY NEGATIVE statement AGAINST artificial birth control by God Himself.

"WHEN THE TOPIC IS GOD.. I DON'T GO ON THE LOGICAL THING.. "

There are, however, certain types of music that will do this. Even music that claims to be Christian can stimulate your flesh and cause you to sin. Music cannot be separated from the flesh.

As Ive said before they all need to be converted, killed or made to live in a walled off portion of the world where they can kill each other and leave the rest of us alone.

People who do not understand that masturbation is sinful do not understand the true nature of grace. [...]

These average people do not realize that they are only one step away from being exactly like the predator who would try to corrupt a child with sexuality."

Step 4 - Just as Step 1 treats the natural, there is also the supernatural, in which there could not have been an eternity of the past of cause and effects of gods creating gods; otherwise, you would have had an eternity to be perfected to be without sin. Ergo, God did it, given Christ.

"God" shouldn't need an eternity to make us perfect, since "God Himself" is supposed to be perfect. There is so much wrong with all "four steps," but it seems to me that even a xtian should see right through "Step 4." :loser:

I love the presupposed extrinsic existence of 'sin'. I wonder what 'sin' is... :wicked:

I also notice that Troy has taken a bunch of quotes from different people and attributed them to me. How nice. It's also interesting to not that he spends most of his time ranting to himself...

I'd still like to see the logic that presupposes that we have something to 'sin' against, and that his 'logic' presupposes that there is such a thing as a universal 'sin' (and thus an extrinsic, universal and , by induction, eternal rule maker to sin against)

God, I've seen alot at the site I'm a mod at.

It's tempting to delete some of these post with the reason "post was beyond stupidity."

When I told one member that his god is the one that required a blood sacrifice to get into heaven, and further braking it down into "God sent Jesus to die on the cross, so his blood could wash the sins of man away." His reply was "You must be talking about someone elses god."

Evolution is not scientifical/ID is just as scientific as it.

"Jill" please think about it, Evolution is not scientifical.

When one member asked what happens when in the case of other gods vs. the christian god.

"The stronger god destroys the other, and seeks vengeance and tortures it's followers."

The story of Babel is true because the Bible tells us so.

I'll have to dig for some more, and given the swell of fundies and conservatives, I'm sure I'll have lots of fresh ones soon.

Guest BradtheImpaler

3 more gems...

"I never stated that all country music is holy. There are some country songs that are of the devil like songs about drinking, fornication and adultery. But I do not listen to those...I only listen to country songs that are wholesome and about the old west and cowboys and farm life."

"I have never attended any worship service at my brother's non-denominational church. That altar call was during a Wild Game Feed after some guy spoke about hunting."

"Well, that is to be expected from demon possessed individuals. And all muslims, all members of Judaism and all non-Christians are demon-possessed."

Yesterday at 9:41pm, Grandpa Harley wrote:
I can see why HP books are 'evil'... friendship, loyalty, equality, tolerance... things that the Religious Right would like to see cast out...

That's just the point; kick me later but it has to be said.

The evil isn't dark and mysterious, it's darkness masquerading as light, hello?

the author doesn't give a sh*t who thought what about her books, it was all for "the children." So i take that as being an excuse to write whatever she wants and nothing driven by the Holy Spirit; ie. that was not who was motivating her. And did anyone ever think to ask why so many kids are so egger to read them? They see what is in the books lines up with their idea of eligibility -write and wrong - and because it gives them enough of what they believe to be write they don't question the other "15%" that isn't truth.

Half the truth is still a lie, it doesn't matter which way you slice it. It's not really about saying, "this is or isn't good for me," or even arguing that at least dear ol' Johnny is getting his five chapters a day in.

Did you ever stop to check out the stats on the Tolkien books vs. the Potter books? Lewis and his friends may have been the catalysts for the fantasy world gone main stream, but their writings are even being diluted and perverse in the name of "good education," now days.

Guest BradtheImpaler

"Genesis tells us God created the earth and the atmosphere from water. But since scientists are in the business of ignoring God and trying to play God themselves they will exchange the truth for lies. That's also why they came up with the ludicrous idea that humans came from the wombs of wild animals."

"Atheism has killed knowelde and destroyed the basis of learnign and litteracy."

"Pauls's original letters still exist today in the vatican."

"Atheism has killed knowelde and destroyed the basis of learnign and litteracy."

Is this a cut and paste? In the logic of the post, the author must be atheist.

This is what I think the person is trying to say:

Atheism has killed knowledge and destroyed the basis of learning and literacy.

The original poster's idea of "learning and literacy" is described in its entirety as "do nothing and wait for gawd to pop all the needed knowledge into your mind".

Looks like someone's been overlooked by jehoover. What a surprise. :HaHa:

Guest BradtheImpaler

Is this a cut and paste? In the logic of the post, the author must be atheist.

This is what I think the person is trying to say:

Atheism has killed knowledge and destroyed the basis of learning and literacy.

Yes, of course. The fact that he misspelled knowledge, learning and literacy while claiming, as a Christian, that atheism has "killed" those things, is what's so funny.

• 1 month later...
Guest Azerate218

Well, I registered in Biblocality, and the guy kept using the fameous "the bible says it so it must be true" arguement. Whenever I questioned anything or made a point that he didn't agree with, I recieved an "infraction". Fuckhead. We should totally raid that place.

Oh, another interesting fact: the guy that runs biblocality said that he got banned from this site (probably for being a stupid piss urchin).

It's pretty difficult to get banned from here, even Christians, who are given more than ample warning to cease and desist playing games or abuse.