Goodbye Jesus

Are There "ethics" Or "morals" In Atheism?

Guest Birdstrike

I’ve known a lot of people in my (short) 39 years, and I’ll have to say some of the nicest and some of the meanest people I’ve met are church members. I’ve also met non-Christians who have very positive, strong ethics, as well as some really rotten non-Christians. My dad would be an example of someone was a very “good man” – he had an extremely high sense of morality – but he did not become a Christian until very late in his life. I believe there are many “good” lost people and “bad” saved people, as well as the other way around. I believe people from both sides of the fence, so to speak, have their own explanations for this, so it would be senseless to try to explain it other than to say that each person should take responsibility for him or herself. I strive daily to ‘die to myself’ and let the love of the Lord show through me. I fail more than I succeed, but I’m thankful for the successful days. But morals and ethics can come from a lot of things, including how you were raised, the kind of person you want to be, etc.

Sonya, so far I think that's one of the best things you've said here. I agree with your statement (except for the "love the Lord" part).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• R. S. Martin

• Jun

• Robbobrob