Goodbye Jesus

What Would Make You Become A Christian Again?

Antlerman

:scratch: Maybe if I woke up in the morning with a 18 year old body, with my 58 years of learning still intact. Oh wait, that wouldn't work. I'd have to be as gullible as an 18 year old too. :Hmm: Now you got me wondering, which is better -- having a dick that works, or having a brain that works. :scratch:

Well, my guess is that if there is no God, I'll have to stick with the brain.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Antlerman

• Robbobrob

• RecoveXM

• chefranden

RETURN to christianity??????

Do you prefer man's empire to the creator's kingdom? Do you hate yourself and all humanity so much that you'd rather pay homage to man instead of the creator (worshipping creation instead of the creator)?. No matter what anybody was taught, "worship" doesn't mean to jump, shout, and be vocal (worship with your lips), neither does "praise" mean anything other than 'to think fondly of'.

Do you have such low regard for your fellow human being and all that the creator has meant to humanity (creation) that you are considering returning to the mental prison of christianity so you can satisfy 'vain' ego (vanity) by being a self righteous 'scholar' and a FOLLOWER/churchgoer (like a FAN follows a rockstar).

Say it ain't so.

Have you not read that "ye are gods (plural), sons of the most high" (Psalm 82:6).

Seeing incontrovertible proof -- which ain't gonna happen, so the real answer is nothing.

"The same old bullshit as last thread Ms Sophie?"

"The same old bullshit as EVERY thread James!"

Do you prefer man's empire to the creator's kingdom? Do you hate yourself and all humanity so much that you'd rather pay homage to man instead of the creator (worshipping creation instead of the creator)?. No matter what anybody was taught, "worship" doesn't mean to jump, shout, and be vocal (worship with your lips), neither does "praise" mean anything other than 'to think fondly of'.

Do you have such low regard for your fellow human being and all that the creator has meant to humanity (creation) that you are considering returning to the mental prison of christianity so you can satisfy 'vain' ego (vanity) by being a self righteous 'scholar' and a FOLLOWER/churchgoer (like a FAN follows a rockstar).

Say it ain't so.

Have you not read that "ye are gods (plural), sons of the most high" (Psalm 82:6).

You think the creator of the universe is paying special attention to you, and then have the gall to call US egotistical? I'm not even sure what your point is here. Nothing new, nothing surprising.

Say it ain't so.

BT proves once again that he's never read the bible in his life since if he's a follower of Jesus, then BT is the one who has to hate himself. Luke 14:26
“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.

1. Do you prefer man's empire to the creator's kingdom? 2. Do you hate yourself and all humanity so much that you'd rather pay homage to man instead of the creator (worshipping creation instead of the creator)?. 3.No matter what anybody was taught, "worship" doesn't mean to jump, shout, and be vocal (worship with your lips), neither does "praise" mean anything other than 'to think fondly of'.

1. Why, yes I do. I prefer the real over the pretend. 2. I don't pay homage to anyone. 3. That's nice.

Say what?

Say it ain't so.

1. Have you not read that "ye are gods (plural), sons of the most high" (Psalm 82:6).

Yah, I've heard that. I've also heard that I was stuffed into a volcano 75 billion years ago and then blown up with an a-bomb. I've also heard that you are a figment of my imagination. I've heard that the moon is made out of green cheese. I've heard that if you see a car with one head light you have to say padiddle and punch someone. I've heard that when traveling, if you pass a cemetery on your side of the car all your cows die. I've heard that the tooth fairy will give you money for your old teeth. I've heard that George Bush was competent to be president. I've heard that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. Actually, I've heard a lot of shit I don't believe.

So what would persuade you to become a Christian again?

These are IFs:

1. god was real.

2. he had a logical explanation for all the misery he puts us humans through.

3. he explained the rationality behind hell.

4. he stops with the 'must praise and worship' horse shit.

5. he isn't a selfish attention whore.

But, oh yeah...none of these can happen, because the character is embedded with those exact traits and he's not real.

I find it hysterical that Christians think we non-believers believe in creation rather than a 'creator.' They essentially created the creator, thus they are the ones worshiping creation. Idiots.

If Christianity is true, and if I believed it is true....why would I side with such a petty, miserable deity? Christians think Satan is real, but they are not siding with him. I would still pick Humanity over Deity....I have faith in Humanity, I would have no faith is such a Deity as the Christians believe. I love Humanity so much, I would fight on its side against both God and Satan, for both are nothing more than supernatural beings.....and I would side with beings OF THIS WORLD AND UNIVERSE.

I find it sad, that if BibleGod were true.....that this universe has been mismanaged for a long, long time (starting with the Middle East).

Senility?

Say it ain't so.

This 'they worship man' arguement is the same line the fundies have to convince all the liberal theists that they are all not 'true Christians'. Whether you believe it or not, god is SUPERNATURAL. He cannot be seen or heard from with the five senses and is not exactly right in front of us telling us what to do. We can only rely on EACH OTHER to interperate what god wants (if he even exists) so what you're offering is nothing more than another version of Christianity.

And nobody said they were going to go back! The purpose of this thread was to ask people what would make them Christian again, yet even though you believe pretty much the same thing as other Christians, the very THOUGHT of anyone going back to it makes you think we 'hate humanity'. You may like to think that you are above religion, but just like them, you don't have any proof to back up your claims of this 'inspired truth'.

Uhh, a little difficult to follow your point here: you do realize this is all a hypothetical, don't you?

Do you hate yourself and all humanity so much that you'd rather pay homage to man instead of the creator (worshipping creation instead of the creator)?

So does that mean that you are suggesting everybody worships de facto whatever is (e.g., a creator, if s/he believes there is one, and man or the universe itself if not)???

I just used a spoon to eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast. I am quite certain that god didn't magically create the metal from which the spoon was constructed, so I certainly didn't worship him, but it's news to me if I was worshipping the inventor of spoons, the designer of this particular line of spoons, the miner who collected the materials, the factory worker who actually crafted the spoon, OR the spoon itself! In my simple mind, I merely thought I was enjoying some Cheerios.