Goodbye Jesus

Whadjya Do With All The Stuff?

Sophronia

I have quite a few bibles and concordances... I quite like the Lamsa bible, since it gives an insight to the Orthodox Church... but I like my Dore illustrated KJV best :) It has ladies with their boobies out!

:o why have I never seen one of these!?

Are you going to scan and upload a sample for us? Share the gospel!!!!!!!

Do an image search on Google for Gustave Dore... I don't have an A3 scanner, which Id need since it's a quarto size...

Gustave_Dore_Deluge.jpg

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Sophronia

• Vendredie

• GraphicsGuy

I never had any books or music, but the other day I found the bible that way given to me by my church for high school graduation. I think I may have opened it once or twice, but now I think I'm going to start marking those super-special scriptures that everyone likes to pretend don't exist, or don't even know about them at all.

I have quite a few bibles and concordances... I quite like the Lamsa bible, since it gives an insight to the Orthodox Church... but I like my Dore illustrated KJV best :) It has ladies with their boobies out!

:o why have I never seen one of these!?

Are you going to scan and upload a sample for us? Share the gospel!!!!!!!

Do an image search on Google for Gustave Dore... I don't have an A3 scanner, which Id need since it's a quarto size...

Gustave_Dore_Deluge.jpg

dang... i actually like that picture. nice tiger.

and a nekkid lady and dead babies... cos we know God loves dead babies...

and a nekkid lady and dead babies... cos we know God loves dead babies...

God created, like all things, those "What's more gross than a truck of dead babies?" jokes. :woohoo:

I gradually gave my books to Goodwill over a period of years. I took a deep breath and gave my bible a ritual burial in the trash can. I felt so much lighter as I walked away! Last wekend I was helping clear out some stuff at my parents house and found my old Jimmy Swaggart song book. Holy shit! When I think of how much money I sent that &*(@$&!!! as a teenager! If I had had a lick of common sense and invested it in Microsoft instead of supporting JS's extracurricular activities.

That's a good example of why my moniker is "live and learn".

I've gone through a couple of religions on the way to being an atheist.

When I was a Xian I never had many trinkety things. I had a lot of books, and a few Bibles. I gave the books to my still-Xian biomother and kept a few of the Bibles (especially the KJV that belonged to my grandmother). One Bible in particular, I used for collage projects and for rolling papers. I had a couple of necklaces and I have no idea what happened to them. I probably gave them away.

When I was a pagan I had more trinkets. Some of those I've kept. I kept all of the books too. The Bibles and my pagan books formed the backbone of my current religion & philosophy library.

One Bible in particular, I used for collage projects and for rolling papers.

**raises eyebrows**

dude, I bet that was harsh on your lungs. Did the word of the LAWD make you cough a lot?

One Bible in particular, I used for collage projects and for rolling papers.

**raises eyebrows**

dude, I bet that was harsh on your lungs. Did the word of the LAWD make you cough a lot?

Be careful what you roll with. Different chemicals are used in rolling papers to prevent you from inhaling deadly/sickening chemicals. I use a vaporizer, I don't even like to smoke it in a bowl if I can help it.

/end hijack

My wife is still xtian, so all the books and stuff are still around. She gets drunk sometimes, snatched a cross off my neck once because we were "discussing" religion, not a good idea while she is intoxicated... Anyway, when she sobered up I made her fix it. I love it because it was given to me many years ago, and is a personal reminder of the person that gave it to me, not a religious icon.

Other then that one cross, I have nothing personally remaining from my lost xtianity, it was way too long ago.

While bonfires might be cathartic, I'm a big fan of recouping as much of the money you originally spent on that crap as possible.

After seeing Trashy's post the other day I decided to quell the shotgun approach and ended up bringing what was left of my Xian CD collection to the Game/Music/DVD buy/sell/trade shop nearby.

I kept a couple of instrumental CDs, a bunch were stolen out of my car a few months ago (big loss), and my ex has the rest so my collection was down to 18 CDs. I would have been happy to get $30 out of them.

Well, they had too many of a few of them, but ended up giving me $60 trade value for the other 15. Woohoo! Ended up getting a game and four movies. I felt pretty good about that trade...

Good Trade!

All the xian music is still here but put nicely back into their cd cases and stored away. The bibles are still here - just at the bottom of the pile now.

I cannot, in good consience, give these things away since I don't think they are beneficial to anyone (poisonous is a good word) so I will probably end up throwing them in the garbage eventually.

Oh...CDs make good drink coasters as well...

All the xian music is still here but put nicely back into their cd cases and stored away. The bibles are still here - just at the bottom of the pile now.

I cannot, in good consience, give these things away since I don't think they are beneficial to anyone (poisonous is a good word) so I will probably end up throwing them in the garbage eventually.

CDs can be sent to recycling... the aluminum and resins can all be reused

• 2 weeks later...
Guest brandon t.

I threw away A LOT of books, cd's, etc... kept a few to revisit at some point, gave some away... most of the books I didn't want to fall into the hands of someone else only to brainwash them...

I found a Bible and som Left Behind books when I cleaned out my room the other week. I don't know what to do with them. I don't want to donate them to Goodwill, that would hardly benefit anyone. At the same time I don't want to throw them inthe trash or burn them or something since that would be extreme disrespect...

*sigh*

you have an allergy to burning books too?

I have a vile 19th Century book on the Vedas that was written to discredit Hindu thought and basically tell Hindus they didn't understand their own religion and Christianity was the one true religion... I can't throw it out, and burning a book... the horror! but I can't give it to charity...

I'm considering having my own 'forbidden' sub-library...

Yep, book-burning allergy. Very, very severe one. I don't want to keep the books nor do I want to donate them or give them away. I should just bury them in my closet or some seldom-used drawer.

Like I say... a crate with a padlock on it... only to be opened when using the 'forbidden' collection to rip someone a new arsehole... If it's good enough for the Vatican, it's good enough for me!

Bury the books. Dig a deep hole, throw them in there, and just cover them up... somewhere far out in some forest.

I've considered both. Perhaps my Bible and my Left Behind books can share the same drawer as my dance costumes from when I was 8, or they can have a grave next to my poor cat Chessie.

Or I can put them in a drawer and bury the drawer next to my cat....

What's the cat done to deserve such neighbours in her eternal rest?

What's the cat done to deserve such neighbours in her eternal rest?

Good point. I'll bury them next to the mailman that ran her over.

I like to keep a KJ Bible and a Koran, for reference. But other than that there are a few articles that I have absolutely no use for. Devil on the run by Nichy Cruz, and Dead Air by Bob Larson. A few Left Behind books.

I think there's also a video lying arond on how to convert a JW to mainstream protestant Christianity, wasn't mine though.

Oh yeah, and I think somebody gave me the second left behind movie for christmas, after I 'deconverted'. Swell.

Don't plan on doing anything with them.

Most of my Christian crap (books) is boxed in my closet. I might sell all of the music, though. No reason not to. I keep one bible that I have notes in (not Christian notes; ex-Christian notes). I don't have it with me, though. It's somewhere in the bowels of my room at my parents' house.