Goodbye Jesus

Gay Marriage

Ro-bear

• Super Moderator
Who's to say who's a man and who's a woman? How is it determined -- hormone levels? External characteristics and/or internal plumbing? Manner of dress? Presence or absence of facial hair? Personal choice of designation?

The one not asking for directions is the man.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pitchu

• florduh

• I Broke Free

• Thurisaz

Who's to say who's a man and who's a woman? How is it determined -- hormone levels? External characteristics and/or internal plumbing? Manner of dress? Presence or absence of facial hair? Personal choice of designation?

Therefore, I hereby designate you to designate the designation, Florduh! :)

• Super Moderator

I don't need your direction.

I don't need your direction.

Fine!!!

(Above exchange accepted as certain proof of gender at any marriage license bureau.)

• Super Moderator

Okay!!!

• Super Moderator

She started it.

[snip]

When the Bible is speaking of becoming one flesh it literally means that there is nothing sticking out in the clear and that the man and woman are facing eachother. Face to Face.

Captain Planet '08
:)
, Myspace [Comments (186)] [2006-Sep-22]

:Hmm: So you see it is mostly about things sticking out.

Errr...so the most righteous sex would be between two quad amputees? Maybe two quad amputee lesbians? I not picturing much sticking out there.

mwc

Errr... Ya sure, you betcha.

:o But they'd have to get someone to rub them together, and then maybe that would be a threesome -- theologically speaking that is.

[snip]

When the Bible is speaking of becoming one flesh it literally means that there is nothing sticking out in the clear and that the man and woman are facing eachother. Face to Face.

Captain Planet '08
:)
, Myspace [Comments (186)] [2006-Sep-22]

:Hmm: So you see it is mostly about things sticking out.

Errr...so the most righteous sex would be between two quad amputees? Maybe two quad amputee lesbians? I not picturing much sticking out there.

mwc

Errr... Ya sure, you betcha.

:o But they'd have to get someone to rub them together, and then maybe that would be a threesome -- theologically speaking that is.

You, sir, are certifiable....but funny :lmao:

My wife's cousins child is a "turkey baster" child, a product of two mommies and a handsome turkey baster....

This thread on EXC have actually made me laugh! I salute you, Chefranden. :)

Anyway, gay marriage is not gay marriage but a contract of marriage between two persons in love with each other for varied reasons. I think it should be allowed, to have two loving persons who are adults marry each other or unionise or not do either, regardless of gender or inter-gender or a-gender or trans-gender. It does no good, if religious people are willing to stop love for the sake of their irrational phobia and wish to hurt or kill lovers on the basis of having the same or different genitals.

It's absurd, really, look at this!

A bunch of people are influenced by a foolishly written or mistranslated quote from an outdated book of mythologies and they want to do away with homosexuality based on this.

They are obsessed with the mechanics of gay sex in torturous detail and tries to find the negatives of gay sex in order to do away with gay sex while the very real dimensions of personality, togetherness and companionship of gay love is ignored!

They are disgusted with the way two penises and vaginas are coupled or penetrated when they celebrate or condone or tolerate their own manner of sex.

They even pass laws on this to make it go away. They establish needless taboos and shield their children from such a harmless thing as love.

They make nasty jokes about, torment gay people and for what? Their religious book, their irrational phobias and their personal disgust. Nothing about loving and acknowledging people who do things differently yet their basic motivations is one of love and sex.

They try to kill gay people for holding hands! Such malice!

Perhaps the saddest and the most absurd thing of all, maybe they are gay themselves. :(

Make everyone choose: a union to simply unite in a lifelong partnership, gay or straight; or marriage through the church, on their allowance. Take away the idiotic attachments to "marriage." All you've done is sign a paper of responsibility and taxes for gods' sakes. You want marriage as a religious ceremony? Go the church. You want to be together and legally recognized without the religious ceremony? Go to the city hall.

I do have fun screwing with my friend-with-benefits, who happens to be a pastor in training over the "gay marriage" argument. He'll toss out the procreation angle; I counter with infertility. Gays can't have kids, so they shouldn't marry? Well, I guess the woman born with no proper ovaries can't get married either. Or the male firing blanks. That tends to slow down his argument a bit. :grin:

:lmao:

Yes cliches can be fun... :P

Make everyone choose: a union to simply unite in a lifelong partnership, gay or straight; or marriage through the church, on their allowance. Take away the idiotic attachments to "marriage." All you've done is sign a paper of responsibility and taxes for gods' sakes. You want marriage as a religious ceremony? Go the church. You want to be together and legally recognized without the religious ceremony? Go to the city hall.

Does that mean I can be proud of my fatherland for a change? :)

When two guy's have sex they can only penetrate eachother through the crack which I think is disgusting because of all the crap that's in there.

well in that case then hetro-sex is disgusting too coz that's where your pee-pee comes from.
:P

anyway I hope everyone has had a good holiday
:D

They are obsessed with the mechanics of gay sex in torturous detail and tries to find the negatives of gay sex in order to do away with gay sex while the very real dimensions of personality, togetherness and companionship of gay love is ignored!

Exactly Onyx! I have yet to see a thread on a Christian forum thread regarding gay marriage that did not go into incredible detail about the mechanics of the sex the two parties would ‘supposedly’ be involved in. How would they feel if their relationships were speculated about in such a manner? They could just as easily speculate wildly about any heterosexual couple’s sexual life before they marry, but that would be considered rude and of no barring to their love and commitment to each other. Why is the love and the commitment that my partner and I share ignored, while it remains open season on sexual speculation?

What my partner and I do or don’t do in the privacy of our bedroom is not what we want recognized, it is our relationship, or commitment, the responsibility we pledge to each other that we want recognized. That is why you never see us having sex in public, but you will see that we are couple. But that does not make for an interesting thread about fudge packing, so it is ignored. If I was half as interested in gay sex as most Christians, I would never leave the bedroom.

IBF

Describe in detail how amazing it feels to have your prostrate stroked, then point out how similar it is to a woman's G spot. Watch their brains go BOOM.

Describe in detail how amazing it feels to have your prostrate stroked, then point out how similar it is to a woman's G spot. Watch their brains go BOOM.

:scratch: I have a woman for a doctor. When she sticks her finger in there to see if it is still there, it doesn't feel amazing. It feels like, "when the hell are you going to stop doing that!"

• Super Moderator
:scratch: I have a woman for a doctor. When she sticks her finger in there to see if it is still there, it doesn't feel amazing. It feels like, "when the hell are you going to stop doing that!"

I have a Chinese doctor with small, delicate hands. Still hate it, and he still hasn't sent me flowers.

Perhaps the saddest and the most absurd thing of all, maybe they are gay themselves. :(

Probably. There is a nice study about that:

Is Homophobia Associated With Homosexual Arousal?

The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992 ). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.

http://www.oogachaga.com/downloads/homopho...ual_arousal.pdf

a010.gif

EDIT: Uh, I can edit my posts now. e035.gif

I'm right there with you Chef. I only play the active role when my parnter wants anal sex, personally I find in extreamly uncomfortable to be on the receiving end. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, never again! :phew:

Guest Princess Bitch

Oh, don't even get me started on this. Some of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard have come out of the mouths of fundies in discussions on gay marriage.

One of the strongest arguments for gay (or equal) marriage are hermaphrodites. These are people who are born naturally with ambiguous reproductive organs. Christians hate to admit that they exist. If a Christian couple have a hermaphrodite baby (which sometimes happens), they will have their baby's genitals surgically mutilated to somewhat more resemble a male or a female (which always happens). But, what if they made the wrong choice? It's been demonstrated that sexual orientation is hard-wired in the brain, but how would the doctor know if the baby is supposed to be male or female? Fact is, they don't! Furthermore, if a baby can be born with ambiguous sex organs, can they not also be born with ambiguous sexual orientation? To take it a step further, does this not make it possible for a person to be born with the organs of one sexual orientation, but the brain part of the equation develop into another?

Fact is, human sexuality isn't just male and female; it's a spectrum. I can recognize this, even though I am most certainly at the male extreme; I can comprehend that having female genitalia wouldn't make me suddenly attracted towards men. Based purely on this, nobody is in a position to judge who can and cannot be married.

Guest Princess Bitch
One of the strongest arguments for gay (or equal) marriage are hermaphrodites. These are people who are born naturally with ambiguous reproductive organs. Christians hate to admit that they exist. If a Christian couple have a hermaphrodite baby (which sometimes happens), they will have their baby's genitals surgically mutilated to somewhat more resemble a male or a female (which always happens). But, what if they made the wrong choice? It's been demonstrated that sexual orientation is hard-wired in the brain, but how would the doctor know if the baby is supposed to be male or female? Fact is, they don't! Furthermore, if a baby can be born with ambiguous sex organs, can they not also be born with ambiguous sexual orientation? To take it a step further, does this not make it possible for a person to be born with the organs of one sexual orientation, but the brain part of the equation develop into another?

Fact is, human sexuality isn't just male and female; it's a spectrum. I can recognize this, even though I am most certainly at the male extreme; I can comprehend that having female genitalia wouldn't make me suddenly attracted towards men. Based purely on this, nobody is in a position to judge who can and cannot be married.

Gender identity and sexual orientation are two wholly separate things.

DQ, Thanks for this further elaboration on the point I was making earlier -- who's to say who's a man and who's a woman?

I think, though, that the PC term for what we used to call hermaphroditism is intersexuality. Intersex folks have organizations, now, and below is the mission statement from one such group.

http://www.isna.org/

Our Mission:

The Intersex Society of North America (ISNA) is devoted to systemic change to end shame, secrecy, and unwanted genital surgeries for people born with an anatomy that someone decided is not standard for male or female.

We have learned from listening to individuals and families dealing with intersex that:

* Intersexuality is primarily a problem of stigma and trauma, not gender.

* Parents’ distress must not be treated by surgery on the child.

* Professional mental health care is essential.

* Honest, complete disclosure is good medicine.

* All children should be assigned as boy or girl, without early surgery.

Click here to learn more about our agenda. With your help, we can make the world a safer place for families dealing with intersex conditions.

I've been doing more reading and have concluded that it's utterly ridiculous for fundies to adhere to the "one man, one woman" designation for marriage. For instance:

Total number of people whose bodies differ from standard male or female --- 1 in 100

http://www.isna.org/faq/frequency/

The varieties of external and internal sexual characteristics in combination with X and Y chromosome variations and genetic male/female designations are practically endless.

These male and female varieties are on a continuum of sorts, like the eye-color "blue" or "brown" is, but we're a society which only recognizes "blue" or "brown" on drivers' licenses and shrinks from the notion of continuum in most areas of human identity. We like things simple, without too many boxes that have to be checked.

And, boy, we are totally screwed up about what we imagine as being male and female.