Goodbye Jesus

Dealing with the bible's hate speech

TexasFreethinker

also now that i think about it didnt he want us too be robots? i just dont get it

It's pretty simply, actually. Christianity is a cult. That's why whoever invented it wanted people to be mindless robots.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TexasFreethinker

• Vixentrox

• daniel_1012

• Checkmate

yea and a great way too get followers too stay in it is to tell them their going too hell if they dont. i hear the i dont wanna go too hell excuse everytime i ask a person why they go too church. i wonder how popular christianity would be without satan and hell.

There are many parts of the bible that condone or even demand immoral acts.  These include

- death for witches, homosexuals, dishonorable children, non-believers, etc.

- genocide for entire races of people

- discrimination against women and handicapped

- genital mutilation of children

- support of slavery

You've got a bit of a problem.

If the book is a book of fairy tales like you believe then we'd have to get rid of several art forms (movies, rap music, paintings) that depict things that we declare as unacceptable.

If the book is the truth then destroying the truth puts one in an unacceptable position as well.

So Tex, which is it?

Are you the 'censor literature because I don't like it fascist' or are you the 'crazy Christian type that believes the BiBULL' type?

Just curious.

If the book is a book of fairy tales like you believe then we'd have to get rid of several art forms (movies, rap music, paintings) that depict things that we declare as unacceptable.

If the book is the truth then destroying the truth puts one in an unacceptable position as well.

So Tex, which is it?

Are you the 'censor literature because I don't like it fascist' or are you the 'crazy Christian type that believes the BiBULL' type?

Just curious.

Oh, look, the idiot spews even more stupidity...

First off, rodent, your examples of movies and other art forms is moot. Why?

BECAUSE NOBODY CLAIMS THAT TERMINATOR, SLIM SHADY, DRAGONRIDERS OF PERN, OR ANYTHING ELSE IS DIVINELY-INSPIRED AND THE SOURCE OF ALL THAT IS "GOOD" AND "MORAL". NEITHER DOES ANYONE CLAIM THAT MOVIES, BOOKS, OR WORKS OF ART ARE THE SPIRITUALLY-BREATHED, FLAWLESS, UNADULTERATED WORD OF GOD AND SHOULD BE FOLLOWED TO THE LETTER.

And if your book is the "truth", I'd sooner follow a lie any day. That's one fucked-up, disgusting "Truth" you've got right there...

WHY? No one is claiming that rap music, movies, nor paintings are the "inspired word of god", nor the Truth by which we MUST live our lives. The BIBLE makes these claims. And thus, as FANTASY, the bible should be classified as DANGEROUS!

Just curious.

Typical Christian hysteria. We argue that YOUR bible is stupid, and you accuse US of "censorship". Don't be stupid. (D'oh! Too late!)

We couldn't "censor" the bible if we tried. I don't even advocate it. I encourage reading the bible. How ELSE can anyone KNOW for a fact that it's a book of nonsense and fairy tales?

So Tex, which is it?

Just curious.

Ha...Haha...hahahahahahah!

I don't advocate getting rid of the bible. It's a book like any other. However, it ought to have a damn warning lable so children cant read it. It's by far gorier than the video games and movies Christians whine about.

Now then, the parts that he suggested ripping out are either true or false.

If they are false, then I wonder if we are gonna run around and rip out the pages of all books that we deem false. Is this the sort of fascist nonsense we really wanna be advocating on a 'freethinking' website? It is censorship, pure and simple.

If they are true, then I wonder if destroying truth is really what 'freethinking' is all about? Maybe it is, I'm sure I don't know.

Those are your two choices.

Which one do you chose?

Fantasy literature doesn't claim to be fact and people aren't brainwashed into literally believing it like the Bible. I know that Harry Potter, Frodo, etc., aren't real. But many people still believe that Jesus is real, and he's just as much of a fairy tale.

Wars haven't been started over whether Gandalf or Dumbledore is better. Gee, I wonder why?

If they are false, then I wonder if we are gonna run around and rip out the pages of all books that we deem false. Is this the sort of fascist nonsense we really wanna be advocating on a 'freethinking' website? It is censorship, pure and simple.

I don't see anyone insisting that we do this.

If they are false, then I wonder if we are gonna run around and rip out the pages of all books that we deem false.  Is this the sort of fascist nonsense we really wanna be advocating on a 'freethinking' website?  It is censorship, pure and simple.

If they are true, then I wonder if destroying truth is really what 'freethinking' is all about?  Maybe it is, I'm sure I don't know.

Which one do you chose?

WHY?  No one is claiming that rap music, movies, nor paintings are the "inspired word of god", nor the Truth by which we MUST live our lives.  The BIBLE makes these claims.  And thus, as FANTASY, the bible should be classified as DANGEROUS!

So the moment someone claims a book is the Word of G_d it should be destroyed? An odd criteria on a good day, Grinch. I suppose then that you are for the destruction of all religious texts. How do you feel about US Law since that tells us how we must live as well?

Typical Christian hysteria.  We argue that YOUR bible is stupid, and you accuse US of "censorship".  Don't be stupid.  (D'oh!  Too late!)

I'm not hysterical.

Prolly should be since more than one atheist on this site has suggested that I shouldn't be allowed to teach my children Christianity. Also, every athiest government of which I'm aware is also a huge suppressor of civil rights. The track records of atheist government and civil liberty is horrible.

We couldn't "censor" the bible if we tried.  I don't even advocate it.  I encourage reading the bible.  How ELSE can anyone KNOW for a fact that it's a book of nonsense and fairy tales?

So you think Tex is wrong and that Christians shouldn't rip out the 'bad' parts?

Methink's Gerbil's been tippin' back the sauce tonight. He's acting even more rabidly paranoid delusional than usual...

Methink's Gerbil's been tippin' back the sauce tonight. He's acting even more rabidly paranoid delusional than usual...

I'm not afraid of anyone here pushing for censorship.

I'm yanking your chain for entertainment.

:wicked:

Censorship is second nature for you, I see.

No, it's actually more along the lines of the old saying "A wise man remains silent and is thought a fool. An ignorant man opens his mouth, and removes all doubt"

So, unless you'd like to make yourself look even mroe ignorant, I'd suggest you stop trying to argue a losing point.

Prolly should be since more than one atheist on this site has suggested that I shouldn't be allowed to teach my children Christianity.  Also, every athiest government of which I'm aware is also a huge suppressor of civil rights.  The track records of atheist government and civil liberty is horrible.

Two things...

First, are you Mad_Gerbil or Emanuel Goldstein II?

Second, I had no idea that the Atheistic government of the UK was a huge suppressor of civil rights, with a horrible track record re. civil liberty...

Actually, since an Atheistic goverenment would be ANY that is not Theistic in nature, and since the US constitution states that religion and state should be seperate, doesn't that mean that the US government is, in fact, ATHEISTIC?

I'm not afraid of anyone here pushing for censorship.

I don't see anyone pushing for censorship.

What I do see is someone pushing for a warning label. I would say that there are parts of the Bible that are R-rated, and I would not want a child to read it. I read the whole thing at age 12 or 13 one week when I was really bored, and couldn't figure out why god wanted us to believe that it was okay to stone people just for being different. Or why god wanted his followers to kill children. Or...well, just read the OT.

From the MPA:

An R-rated film may include hard language, or tough violence, or nudity within sensual scenes, or drug abuse or other elements, or a combination of some of the above, so that parents are counseled, in advance, to take this advisory rating very seriously. Parents must find out more about an R-rated movie before they allow their teenagers to view it.

I don't think a warning like that would be unreasonable.

Actually, since an Atheistic goverenment would be ANY that is not Theistic in nature, and since the US constitution states that religion and state should be seperate, doesn't that mean that the US government is, in fact, ATHEISTIC?

:funny:

Tell that to Dubya. I'd love to see his reaction. ;)

If they are false, then I wonder if we are gonna run around and rip out the pages of all books that we deem false.  Is this the sort of fascist nonsense we really wanna be advocating on a 'freethinking' website?  It is censorship, pure and simple.

If they are true, then I wonder if destroying truth is really what 'freethinking' is all about?  Maybe it is, I'm sure I don't know.

Which one do you chose?

Mad_Gerbil, what is the color of the sky in YOUR world?

How in the WORLD can YOU continuously refer to US as "fascist"? (A term I am rapidly growing tired of reading in your posts. Because I am in the ultimate MINORITY in this world. And only those IN CHARGE get to BE "fascists". I.E. the RELIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISTS.)

What planet are you living on? YOU are not being persecuted. Your bible is in no danger. Your churches aren't being threatened or burned. You Christians dominate EVERY STINKING WALK OF LIFE. Will you PLEASE quit with the imaginary persecution and pity party, just because we KNOW how stupid your bible and religion is, and we won't succumb to it.

Historically, only the RELIGIOUS have banned and burned books in their censorship purges. So please, get over yourself. "Freethinkers" don't believe in burning or banning anything. We aren't afraid of ideas. Unlike YOU Christians.

P.S. - Stop using the word "fascist". There are NO Nazis present on THIS forum. And no matter how much you repeat it, it won't make it so. (Ya big baby!)

i wonder how popular christianity would be without satan and hell.

I wonder what America would be like without crime or prison. America is based on freedom and justice. To ask, "what would America be like without justice," I just don't know how to answer, because it really wouldn't be America.

I give you the Pledge of Allegiance:

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation, under God, indivisible; with liberty and justice for all.

Christianity without Satan or hell, wouldn't be Christianity -- it would be something else entirely. Though, I don't think heaven would be that far off of that... Christianity, as it is, will not be necessary in heaven. Christianity without hell would be like America without justice. They are indivisible.

I like the old pledge better...the one without god.

Which one do you chose?

If you can't see what's wrong w/your above reasoning, I'm not gonna bother trying to explain it to you. Pearls before swine.

Dude, you're just...sad. I mean, I'm actually starting to feel embarrassed for you. Really.

What, in your mind, do you really think you're doing here? You aren't winning any arguments, you're making god look bad, and you're certainly not impressing us with wit or wisdom. 'Pulling our chains'? That's how you 'follow the Spirit'?

It's sad that you keep coming back and tripping over your dick time after time, then try to pretend you meant to do it.

You're making a fool out of yourself, man. Have some self-respect.

If you can't see what's wrong w/your above reasoning, I'm not gonna bother trying to explain it to you. Pearls before swine.

Dude, you're just...sad. I mean, I'm actually starting to feel embarrassed for you. Really.

What, in your mind, do you really think you're doing here? You aren't winning any arguments, you're making god look bad, and you're certainly not impressing us with wit or wisdom. 'Pulling our chains'? That's how you 'follow the Spirit'?

It's sad that you keep coming back and tripping over your dick time after time, then try to pretend you meant to do it.

You're making a fool out of yourself, man. Have some self-respect.

Conversion or not, I am providing ample evidence that could someday be pointed to when you are shown all the times you were shown or told, but did not receive.

Providing evidence? Trying to get brownie points from YIF?

Conversion or not, I am providing ample evidence that could someday be pointed to when you are shown all the times you were shown or told, but did not receive.

:moon:

:lmao:

I can just see it now... :HaHa:

God sitting in front of his computer, getting online (I'm sure that he already has ExChristian.net bookmarked), pulling up our posts and asking, "Why was it that you refused to receive the Truth that daniel_1012 was placing out before you?"

Yeah, Danny, that's pretty much what you just said. :scratch:

Feel stupid much? :Doh: