• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crazy-tiger

• Vixentrox

• Java

• dogmatically_challenged

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking seriously of getting myself a bag of microwave popcorn, and sitting back and enjoying the show....

Ohhh, this is just priceless. This illustrates why I, along with the rest of us, left Christianity.

OnlyOnePath merely spouts the same drivel.

How can you tell the one true faith? Look at their Spiritual Deficits. It's funny how you seculars hold up plurality and postmodernism as evidence that truth and justice don't exist and everyone can do what they wnat. If there wasn't a True Faith, then why do the others have Spiritual Deficits that are disturbingly consistent? one faith has worship of nature and animals...another worships greed and money changing...another worships graven images in the guise of Christianity.

Spiritual deficits? WTF does that REALLY mean?

Plurality and postmodernism as evidence that truth and justice don't exist and everyone can do what they want? Huh? Moral codes were in place LONG before religion, and religion does not equal morality. But then, I guess I'm just too well educated to accept the Magic Sky Daddy was the only one to give us truth and justice (and note OnlyOnePath left out The American Way, for shame!).

One faith has worship of nature and animals - oh gee, would we be trying to smack down those evil Wiccans? Of course, after all, "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live". I forget, Xianity is for actual witch-burning....

Another worships greed and money changing - if this isn't an anti-semitic remark, I've never heard one in my life. I hear that kind of nonsense from supposed Xians who a)know nothing about Judaism, b)have been listening to hate groups and buying the nonsense their whole lives, or c)really just hate Jews. But "worships greed and money changing"...if that's not a direct comment about the Jews, I'll eat my fucking hat.

Another worships graven images in the guise of Christianity - oh, slam the Catholics, yet another fundy favorite bashing group. Let's see, the witches, the Jews, and the Catholics. Yep, his bases are covered here, got all three of the Axis of Evil there, so we can move on to the atheists, agnostics, deists, theists and so forth on this site. Yessirree, we're about to be EDJUMACATED!

God is fair. We know the laws and we broke them. Truth and justice have no room for pardoning, but God also gave us Christ. What more do you want?

Truth and justice have no room for pardoning? Wait, wait, wait, we're going to spout off all that hackneyed "eye for an eye" nonsense? I thought Jesus was the Old Testament fulfilled, or does that not penetrate the fundy brain, even as they say it themselves? Oh gee, there's a shocker....

Your translations are incorrect. I suggest a KJV paired with a life in Christ, and then you'll be able to understand.

Yeah, because only the KJV which cribs heavily from the Catholic Bible, is going to save us. Praise Jeebus! Oh, and I can't forget a life in Christ....oh yeah, because Jeebus Saves, and will save us from our lowly wormy selves. Uh-huh...translations are incorrect. I thought the fundy crowd preferred the NIV, which is roundly regarded as an incorrect translation by REPUTABLE scholars, but was put together by a group of fundy ministers. How better to make the Bible say what you want it to say than incorrectly translating it and claiming that you were "inspired", and that THIS is the TRUE translation? Oh wait, I forget, there's dissention amongst the ranks of fundies themselves....how could I forget!

I do not hate anyone. Everyone has fallen short of the glory of God, and everyone has their specialized way of sin and evil. Jews are no different.

As I pointed out earlier, the Axis of Evil, witches, Jews, and Catholics, yep, he's a true fundy, all right....and doesn't hate anyone is bullSHIT. And as I type that, I can HEAR Ron White saying, "buuuuulshiiiit"...amazing what the brain comes up with....

The only sign you'll ever get is Christ's resurrection. Is your current anti-God lifestyle really that important to you that you won't risk living a rightous life for Heaven?

Oh for fuck's sake, you'd think that they could learn how to SPELL at least...the word is righteous, spelled R-I-G-H-T-E-O-U-S. Don't they teach anything but myth and nonsense? No, no they don't. The only sign you'll ever get is Christ's resurrection? Hogwash. Aren't you forgetting the Rapture, which your brain-dead brethren loooove to throw at us? And who are YOU to say that we aren't living righteous lives in the first place? Conveniently forgetting "judge not, lest ye be judged" aren't you? But that doesn't count, I guess that verse is only meant to apply to CHRISTIANS, not us unwashed heathens. Not to mention, trying to scare people who don't believe in your myth with Heaven or Hell is not going to work....they laugh in your face. Living life to earn brownie points to go to some place in the clouds? What kind of fairy tale is THAT?

This is getting out of line with my original arguement. Please keep on track or I'll take pearls elsewhere.

First of all, this IS your original argument, that only YOUR little band of Merry Men has the TRUTH. We are pointing out the obvious, that you are wrong. We are keeping on track, you are piling on the bullshit. And threatening to "take pearls elsewhere"? Why didn't you just snivel and say, "You guys better be nice to me or I'm gonna take my ball and go home!" like the child you are?

Tainted fruits come from tainted sources. I take it with a grain of salt. The spritually blind cannot offer any worthy insights. 

Oh, oh...how...ORIGINAL! The spiritually blind cannot offer any worthy insights? Then do us all a favor, pack your shit and go home. And by the way, the word is spelled S-P-I-R-I-T-U-A-L-L-Y. Didn't you learn anything in elementary school?

The "Jews" did not make the Truth. It always existed, and they got it wrong in the end and have to live with the consequences. 

Ahh yes, once again, blame the Jews. Of course, completely missing the point that Jesus was not a Christian (if one is to argue the point that he existed at all), he was a Jew himself. But fundies forget that when arguing that the Jews are eeeevil Hell-bound people. Nice anti-semitic argument, though....

Yes I know that's a favorite excuse for murdering babies with the feminazi crowd, but it doesn't work. Murder is prohibited, unless in defense, even of the unborn.

Okay, now I'm rolling my eyes so hard I'm looking at my brain. *smacks back of head* There, that's MUCH better.

"Feminazi crowd"? You know, when you can't come up with anything better than your pastor's talking points, or Rush Limbaugh's talking points, why bother to argue? Insulting people doesn't make them change their minds. As anyone with an ounce of sense would know, but then, why am I saying that considering who I'm talking to?

And murder prohibited unless in defense? Nooooo, the Commandment in the Old Testament is, "Thou shall not kill." Period, end of sentence. Don't try to play translation games with me, because if it was meant to be "Thou shall not kill, unless thou is smiting thine or mine enemies," it would have been translated that way. Or maybe not, this fits certain purposes better, and gives you a way to stretch the truth, or fuck it up all together.

Damn, I ran out of "pearls" to argue...

Oh well. Suffice it to say, I am not impressed. Once again, a representative of the worst of fundydom trying to convert all us heathens. Nope, not impressed in the slightest.

Excellent Post Ms K!

Screeeeeeeeeeeeechh.....WHAMMMMMMM....CrunCHHHHHHH

I detect a hit and run.

Alas another idiot without an original thought wants to reconvert the fallen and backsliders.

When will they at least read enough before they join to see that most of us have been to the party and thought the band and refreshments sucked and the comany was lacking not only originality but even simple dignity?

"Jebus is coming grab an umbrella"

PR

Well, if he want's to take his pearls elsewhere, by all means.

Door. Ass. All that.

By the way, what is a pearl? Isn't it just an irritation?

And on a final topical note, answer me this, and please cite book chapter and verse on this one: Who actually lied in the garden and who actually told the truth?

Pearl necklace? Little pearl in the boat?

In short, OnlyOne accused the Jews of spiritually blind.

When OnlyOne was presented with Judaism arguments, he refused to see it, and/or was not able to provide arguments.

God is fair. We know the laws and we broke them. Truth and justice have no room for pardoning, but God also gave us Christ. What more do you want?

Er...how about a chance to be able to determine what laws we actually do want, and the right to criticize and scrutnize god's actions so as to get some more of this accountability business.

I don't need no pardon if I think the laws are unreasonable and stupid.

And please prove that there is a God and Christ before you base the rest of your fallacious arguments on them.

Cheers.

Kay

And please prove that there is a God and Christ before you base the rest of your fallacious arguments on them.

This says it all for me! :thanks:

Did you burn him with your natural charm or did you whip out a flame-thrower?

I need to ask because we've now got crispy fundie on the table... :grin:

Goddamnit, he was on my portable okonomiyaki griller!

And I was all set to make some too! Now I gotta sterilize it! >_>

Guest Son of Belial
The only sign you'll ever get is Christ's resurrection.  Is your current anti-God lifestyle really that important to you that you won't risk living a rightous life for Heaven?

Yeah, and... and... you'll be sorry when Odin gets here! Is your current anti-Odin lifestyle really that important to you that you won't risk living a rightous(sic) life for Valhalla?

Hey, where was that "wah wah crybaby" quote from that other thread?

Don't get your hopes up guys, I'm sure that he/she will be back tomorrow.  Tonight, is, afterall Sunday evening so church services, lifegroups, etc. are more than likely part of the night.

That just got MY hopes up...

It's always fun to play with a new toy. :fdevil:

Guest Son of Belial
This is getting out of line with my original arguement.  Please keep on track or I'll take pearls elsewhere.

NOOOO! Please don't take your arguments that we've heard 1,000,000 times before and go somewhere else with them! Noooo!!

I'm sorry! We're swine! I'm sorry you threw your tired, cliched, and overused pearls before us :HappyCry:

For the record, I didn't even know you HAD an "original argument." I thought you were just preaching horseshit.

Guest Son of Belial
Tainted fruits come from tainted sources.  I take it with a grain of salt.  The spritually blind cannot offer any worthy insights.

Damn Jews with their damn original religion predating Christianity with their damn tainted requirements for a Messiah. Burn them all, that's what I always say.

Guest Son of Belial
Well, if he want's to take his pearls elsewhere, by all means.

Door.  Ass. All that.

By the way, what is a pearl?  Isn't it just an irritation?

And on a final topical note, answer me this, and please cite book chapter and verse on this one:  Who actually lied in the garden and who actually told the truth?

He meant "take his ball and go home." He got it confused.

Guest Son of Belial
How can you tell the one true faith?  Look at their Spiritual Deficits.  It's funny how you seculars hold up plurality and postmodernism as evidence that truth and justice don't exist and everyone can do what they wnat.  If there wasn't a True Faith, then why do the others have Spiritual Deficits that are disturbingly consistent? one faith has worship of nature  and animals...another worships greed and money changing...another worships graven images in the guise of Christianity. 

Only one Truth stands out seeking loving, but fair eternal justice.

Psalms 2:1-5, Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.

Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. [The LORD is going to do His talking with His wrath.]

Okay, I found it. Here goes:

TRANSLATION OF THE ABOVE:

"Oh man, you're gonna be in big trouble! You're laughing at me, but, but my God's really big and strong, and he's gonna kick your butt! You're gonna go to hell, and then you'll be really sorry! You'll be sorry you called me dumb... *Sniffle* And you'll be like "No, please let me in heaven" and God's gonna be like "No!" And I'm gonna laugh. *Sniffle* Then you'll be sorry you didn't listen to me. *Sniffle, sob* You'll be sorry... *Runs away sobbing*"

Damn Jews with their damn original religion predating Christianity with their damn tainted requirements for a Messiah. Burn them all, that's what I always say.

Xianity has already been there and done that. Luckily human empathy eventualy won out in the human animal. But because of blind faith in an incoherent message from an incoherent and absurd god xers will reinvent oppresive dogmas in the future. It is inevitable. And then after the aftermath human empathy may win out again. A vicious cycle because of the xers addictions to "Absolute Truth" and empty bribes and threats that come from thier dealers-whores-pimps waving around holybooks. If a pastor really believes in his mythologybook then he/she also is a slave/whore/pimp/dealer. A victim perpetuating potential abuse if not direct abuse not only through the hateful dogmas of some but also just by supporting the notion that the bible is the word of a god. The bible is a mixed bag and has a little something for all personality types.

Did you burn him with your natural charm or did you whip out a flame-thrower?

I need to ask because we've now got crispy fundie on the table... :grin:

:lmao: Well, natural charm, sarcasm, and snarky commentary are just three of the MANY services I offer. Just ask my husband!

I need to find a hobby, I really do....decimating the unsuspecting and witless on message boards is, to some extent, a bit like shooting fish in a barrel....

Sorry I didn't leave any extras for you all....maybe the new toy will be back?

*Ms. K sits back with her popcorn, and plans her world domination schemes*

Okay, I found it. Here goes:

TRANSLATION OF THE ABOVE:

"Oh man, you're gonna be in big trouble! You're laughing at me, but, but my God's really big and strong, and he's gonna kick your butt! You're gonna go to hell, and then you'll be really sorry! You'll be sorry you called me dumb... *Sniffle* And you'll be like "No, please let me in heaven" and God's gonna be like "No!" And I'm gonna laugh. *Sniffle* Then you'll be sorry you didn't listen to me. *Sniffle, sob* You'll be sorry... *Runs away sobbing*"

Okay, you SO OMANK!

*Ms. K wipes iced tea off her monitor, and wipes off her nose...tea snorted up the nose while laughing hurts*

:lmao:

Guest Son of Belial
Okay, you SO OMANK!

*Ms. K wipes iced tea off her monitor, and wipes off her nose...tea snorted up the nose while laughing hurts*

:lmao:

I wish I had written it. I took it from a post in the Rants and Replies section.