Goodbye Jesus

Spiritual Deficits

Guest Onlyonepath

I'm glad we got a new fundie to play with.  For awhile there I was worried...

Well....he seems to have run away. Maybe a free thought was creeping into his brainwashed head. Can't have that now can we?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crazy-tiger

• Vixentrox

• Java

• dogmatically_challenged

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Onlyonepath
Well....he seems to have run away.  Maybe a free thought was creeping into his brainwashed head.  Can't have that now can we?

I didn't go anywhere. You people are just out of control.

I do not hate anyone.  Everyone has fallen short of the glory of God

Wrong. According to your book. Zechariah, Elizabeth, Job.

Three people did not fall short of the glory of god.

(Even in the KJV)

Your translations are incorrect.  I suggest a KJV paired with a life in Christ, and then you'll be able to understand.

One big problem with the KJV is that it isn't honest. It tells of appearances of a risen christ that are not in the original book of Mark. None of the oldest texts of Mark have these passages. Mark was also the first gospel written. If you don't know that, then you wouldn't know that the stories of post-resurrection appearances of jesus were later developments in the story that didn't appear until early in the second century..

Jesus never existed. That's why no one can tell us what he looked like, and no one can tell us the year of his birth.

Check out the epistles (the first books of the bible to be written). The epistles know nothing of Mary, John the Baptist, Judas, Jesus' miracles, virgin birth, Jesus' ministry or teachings, etc.

Ignatius (in 107 CE) is the first known record turning Jesus into a human being.

Better do a little more studying, Onlyonepasse'

I didn't go anywhere.  You people are just out of control.

No shit. Looks like the good shepherd lost control of his flock of sheep. BAAAH.

Shame on us for having a brain. :woohoo:

No shit.  Looks like the good shepherd lost control of his flock of sheep.  BAAAH.

Shame on us for having a brain.  :woohoo:

And damn us for using it! :grin:

PR

This is getting out of line with my original arguement.  Please keep on track or I'll take pearls elsewhere.

Oh no! :eek: Oh please, don't take your pearls elsewhere! Please continue to cast them before us poor swine! We're so unworthy of your beneficent attention!

Ooh! I thought of a famous poem: it goes something like this

"Those who write on gospel walls

Roll their pearls in little balls

Those who read his words of wit

Just try to mock the little twit."

oh, the irreverence.

I didn't go anywhere.  You people are just out of control.

So...which version of the KJV do you use? And why that version of the KJV and not the others? Why any KJV versus say, NIV, RSV, NASB, GNT, or ASV. Are these other versions inferior? Do they have mistakes in them?

onlyonepasse'

Perhaps thou shouldst flee from the presence of all filithiness and superfluity of naughtiness such as thou hast found here, before thou be smote upon thy head by thy God and fall headlong into the pit of divers temptations and become bereft of thy righteousness whithersoever thou listeth.

Matthew 12:39: But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas.

onlyonepasse': are you admitting here that Jesus performed no miracles?

Cool. You're on your way to being free.

[springer audience] Zoe zoe zoe

:lmao:

I Love It!

PR

[springer audience] Zoe zoe zoe

:lmao:

I Love It!

PR

Zoe! Beat him with a chair! Hehe! Oh wait. Thats wrestling. I need to go two threads over. ..er...

Beat him over the head with a bible.

Yea. Beat him with a really big one like you used see on big wooden holders that you used to see in old libraries.

Yea. Beat him with a really big one like you used see on big wooden holders that you used to see in old libraries.

Nah, just beat him over the head with the holder...

Nah, just beat him over the head with the holder...

Oh Oh I know where we can stick the bible after you beat him with the stand. :eek::grin::twitch:

Then someone will be screamin Jesus! :lmao:

PR

He still seems to be befuddled on the which version of the KJV he uses. Maybe he's praying to god to give him the answer?

He still seems to be befuddled on the which version of the KJV he uses.  Maybe he's praying to god to give him the answer?

I bet it's the black one with gold letters.

PR

Unicorn-dammit, I'm late for the gangbang. And I hate sloppy seconds. Where's the enema bag?

I gotta tell you, Only... I'm gonna leave the bible flaws and theological fallacies for others to handle.

I look at your posts, and I see quotes, I see other people's talking points, I see the Standard Christian Statements and Responses (SCSRs). I see little of what may be your own thoughts. And I believe it is because you are a godbot, a spirit-filled zombie. And this is why you will not look closely really see what we say. Because there is so little you left to listen with. Instead, what has replaced your will, your religion, will dictate your response. and the SCSR will be that we are blind and wrong, and you are right.

So, its very possible you've ceased to be a real person. But... In case there is some small sliver of you left that can understand, I'm gonna tell you this.

Somewhere in your bible, it says to have an answer ready when anyone asks about the hope in you. I'm here to tell you, that answer isn't John 3:16, or a chick tract, or some standard conversion speech a missionary trainer would give you. The answer is you. You go out and witness, or debate, or whatever, and people won't just be looking at what you want to tell them. They'll be looking at you. They'll be looking at your actions, and reading between the lines of what you say.

We've read between your lines. and we've found derision, we've found hatred, we've found self-righteousness, we've found pride, we've found ignorance, and we've found you to be rather judgemental. That is you. That is your answer. And you've shown us that the hope in you is that you will be proven right and everyone who disagreed with you will be proven wrong. If there were a Christ, he would rebuke you.

We've read between your lines. and we've found derision, we've found hatred, we've found self-righteousness, we've found pride, we've found ignorance, and we've found you to be rather judgemental. That is you. That is your answer. And you've shown us that the hope in you is that you will be proven right and everyone who disagreed with you will be proven wrong. If there were a Christ, he would rebuke you.

Amen. I'm so fucking tired of these self-righteous xtians and their babble. They say the same things over and over. What gets me is that they have the gall to tell me with a straight face that their message is "good news". Bullshit. Billions of humans writhing forever in torment is not "good news". To call their message "good news" does violence to the English language. Its ugly. Its cynical. It reminds me of the sign over the gates of Aucswitz that read, "WORK WILL MAKE YOU FREE".

You are a joke, onlyonepath. Your threats and bullshit stock replys won't work here. We've heard it all before.

Dumbass.

I dunno; all I can do is laugh. My "morals," according to my WELS Lutheran indoctrinated, adopted-pastor's-son, are better and more consistant than almost anyone else's he knows, including his pastor father. So using that as a brick to beat me with doesn't work; I don't support war, cutting off funding for scientific advances that can save lives, more funding for weapons of mass destruction, or, in general, probably anything you most likely support that goes completely against your swiss cheese religion. Which is, I will add, a pastiche of several pagan mysteries as well as a rip of Judaism, so if you want The One True Faith, you're looking at the wrong set of fables.