Goodbye Jesus

How Can Evolution Be A Fact?

Abiyoyo

What of microbes? Radiation therapy, medications for epilepsy, and on and on.

The bible is silent regarding the real future, and so is Jesus. It should not surprise you, then that Jesus was ignorant of evolution.

This actually is a good testimony to Christ. Epilepsy is still uncured, but now with medications, controlled. Jesus according to the Gospel of Mark, healed the boy completely; then to say that the disciples must pray and fast in this type situation, as they could do nothing. This tells me that because Jesus was anointed to heal the sick, and carrying God's spirit within him in a definitive manner; that this was a fulfilled prophetical healing :D

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abiyoyo

• Shyone

• Ouroboros

• par4dcourse

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The bible is silent regarding the real future, and so is Jesus. It should not surprise you, then that Jesus was ignorant of evolution.

This actually is a good testimony to Christ. Epilepsy is still uncured, but now with medications, controlled. Jesus according to the Gospel of Mark, healed the boy completely; then to say that the disciples must pray and fast in this type situation, as they could do nothing. This tells me that because Jesus was anointed to heal the sick, and carrying God's spirit within him in a definitive manner; that this was a fulfilled prophetical healing :D

And M. Valdemar was hypnotized into not dying even though he was on his last leg.

First, you assume that Jesus actually cured epilepsy. I assume you believe every faith healer? And perhaps I should have said surgery for epilepsy.

If he was supposed to have been fucking GOD, then how about eliminating a disease? No, he has to do cheap parlor tricks like every other charlatan.

How many people have been "faith-healed" only to relapse later when no one was watching? Of all the diseases, epilepsy would be the easiest to "heal." Try growing back a limb.

First, you assume that Jesus actually cured epilepsy. I assume you believe every faith healer? And perhaps I should have said surgery for epilepsy.

If he was supposed to have been fucking GOD, then how about eliminating a disease? No, he has to do cheap parlor tricks like every other charlatan.

How many people have been "faith-healed" only to relapse later when no one was watching? Of all the diseases, epilepsy would be the easiest to "heal." Try growing back a limb.

I think he should swoop over the world and let a fine mist of gold fall from the sky. When we touch this gold, it then becomes whatever we want, a car, a boat, a mansion. Then, when He does this, we should be taught how to do this throughout our generations and then we would be like gods. :woohoo:

Seriously though Shyone, what do you want out of God? If He wanted to interven in this manner in a everyday way, and that was His MO, I am sure He would. BUT, that is not what the Bible says about it. :shrug:

Seriously though Shyone, what do you want out of God? If He wanted to interven in this manner in a everyday way, and that was His MO, I am sure He would. BUT, that is not what the Bible says about it. :shrug:

When I still considered God to be a possibility, I at least expected the earth to be slightly different from the total absence of anything that I had been led to expect if there were a god.

Christians aren't better people than anyone else, miracles don't happen to believers or anyone else, incredible pain and premature death and disease happen regardless of faith.

And the bible is so contradictory about what one should do that there are excuses in abundance for why nothing ever shows up to say, "God did that."

"To talk of immaterial existences is to talk of nothings. To say that the human soul, angels, God, are

immaterial, is to say they are nothings, or that there is no God, no angels, no soul."

When I still considered God to be a possibility, I at least expected the earth to be slightly different from the total absence of anything that I had been led to expect if there were a god.

Well, I see things in a different light I guess. I see a great philosopher put on the high stand, and His teachings spread like wildfire into the complex ethical society we have today, especially in America.

Christians aren't better people than anyone else, miracles don't happen to believers or anyone else, incredible pain and premature death and disease happen regardless of faith.

When I first read the Gospels, I was about 24. I was overjoyed at this new light on thought. It literally changed my life. Then, my kindness and love was perceived as a mental breakdown by close family and friends. I then felt the pressures of life and became distant again, yet the new knowledge that had developed still lingered. One thing that almost killed the whole thing for me was rational thought. America would not be here today if we 'gave someone the other cheek to slap' or played any type of martyr role.

I was puzzled at this point, and then one day it just hit me. I am not an authority, leader, President, military commander, or anything near that nature. I am a member of a society that within itself murders, lies, steals, cheats, etc. So, this once again gave me some joy that the philosophy of Christ is important, especially in the four walls on society within the country that I reside.

When I first read the Gospels, I was about 24. I was overjoyed at this new light on thought. It literally changed my life. Then, my kindness and love was perceived as a mental breakdown by close family and friends. I then felt the pressures of life and became distant again, yet the new knowledge that had developed still lingered. One thing that almost killed the whole thing for me was rational thought. America would not be here today if we 'gave someone the other cheek to slap' or played any type of martyr role.

I was puzzled at this point, and then one day it just hit me. I am not an authority, leader, President, military commander, or anything near that nature. I am a member of a society that within itself murders, lies, steals, cheats, etc. So, this once again gave me some joy that the philosophy of Christ is important, especially in the four walls on society within the country that I reside.

Believe it or not, I can "dig it", Abi. The cruelty of the world is enough to make anyone seek a saviour or messiah. And, perhaps you have found just that.

However: You do realize that the "philosophy" of Jesus is a concoction of various philosophical and ethical ideas that have been explored throughout many cultures. Even the ideas of modern humanistic liberalism (classical liberalism) come from the Judeo-Christian sense of ethics. Modern law is based upon a sense of fair play and protection of the individual from harm. This does not prove Christianity, but we all accept the fact that history is history. Point taken.

I think he should swoop over the world and let a fine mist of gold fall from the sky. When we touch this gold, it then becomes whatever we want, a car, a boat, a mansion. Then, when He does this, we should be taught how to do this throughout our generations and then we would be like gods. :woohoo:

I think this tells a lot about you and what you value. Why materialistic crap? If I were to imagine gifts for myself, they certainly would not be material, it would be greater intelligence, knowledge and the ability to help others. Why did you emphasize the accumulation of materialism?

You may have rationalized your beliefs with your support of a country that does not follow Christ's teachings, but there are others who are simply hypocrites. You may consider them not to be True ChristiansTM but they believe they are.

More importantly, some day you will see that your kindness comes from you, and the kindness of others is not from outside themselves. You may be inspired by writings, but I suggest you read more widely than the bible to get inspiration. Most westerners know very little of writings outside of our own culture even if they have at least heard of Mahatma Gandhi.

I think this tells a lot about you and what you value. Why materialistic crap? If I were to imagine gifts for myself, they certainly would not be material, it would be greater intelligence, knowledge and the ability to help others. Why did you emphasize the accumulation of materialism?

It was meant sarcastically :lol: We have greater intelligence Tap, much more than the government will ever let us utilize. That's why we still have coal burning plants producing over a third of the world's pollution, and laws that enforce 'emissions' because we are the blame for the pollution :rolleyes:. Open your eyes Tap. I am glad you want more intelligence, but sadly, I think that once you received it you would be disappointed and more irritated than your original state.

I am glad you want more intelligence, but sadly, I think that once you received it you would be disappointed and more irritated than your original state.

That's pretty profound and quite possibly the truth.

Are you the same person that used to just be called YoYo? If so I must say you have done some serious growing over the past few years. You still have some, IMO, goofy ideas, but you are not the same guy you once were, not by a long shot. I mean that in the most complimentary way.

That's pretty profound and quite possibly the truth.

Are you the same person that used to just be called YoYo? If so I must say you have done some serious growing over the past few years. You still have some, IMO, goofy ideas, but you are not the same guy you once were, not by a long shot. I mean that in the most complimentary way.

Yeap, that's me, and thank you Vigile.

I have been reading lately on the human brain and it's functions specifically compared to other animals...

I don't understand it, therefore God.

Ya I know, I'm a putz. But as a cook, I've been trained to boil things down to their essential.

My challenge is that if these apes are so similar to humans in genetics, brain size, etc then why have they not progressed any further? Did the human race really need to evolve in the way that humans evolved?

The short answer is, yes, we did.

Evolution doesn't happen unless there wasn't a reason for it. Apes do very well for themselves for what they have. Do they really NEED to have the same tools as humans? No.

Great Apes actually DO have very complex social systems and tribes going. They use tools and display many similar characteristics within their social structures similar to humans. They can a also do a lot of things that human beings can't. They can run incredibly fast, see better, climb better, are ten times stronger, and can weather the elements better than we can. A chimp is going to outclass us by leaps and bounds in a great deal of ways when it comes to survival. Humans really don't have much physically except our brains and dexterous hands. We're not very strong, fast, have fur, or much in the way to survive in the elements. So we have our brains to manipulate it. Our brain has to compensate and build for what a chimp can do with ease.

We're assuming here that being a human is some sort of pinnacle in Evolution and it's really not the case. I know that Genesis that God made Adam above all the other animals, but Evolution really is not a hierarchy or a ladder to somewhere. It's simply the process of adaptation. A human and an ape fills different niches in the world. We don't need to occupy the same one. Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens filled the same niche once, and the Neanderthals died out.

On the evolution side, ... Is it possible that man lived with dinosaurs, and our dating is flawed. This would be the only explanation to me that would justify why our common ancestry of ape-human NEEDED to evolve into a higher species, turning into humans.

Man actually IS living with dinosaurs. There many species on this planet that have not changed much for many millions of years. Several species of sharks and crocodiles, for example. There are birds that still show part of their dinosaur ancestry as well. We live in a world that constantly changes and moves. So long as there is a niche for these animals, there is no need for evolution. When the niche is no longer available, we die out or evolve.

Anything is possible. Science isn't a belief system but a system of testing. It's concerned with the HOW. So it really isn't a big deal if we don't know something concrete. We don't know how the world was created. Big Bang Theory is one theory, but it's not concrete. This is why we have science. To try and find out.

I have a question for you now...why is it so important that Genesis be "fact?" I honestly don't understand this. I always thought the Theory of Evolution fits in very nicely with Christianity. Why is it such a threat to Jesus's teachings of love, acceptance, and caring for others and your God?

(PS, if I'm ignorant on the subject it's the truth, I was not raised Christian so I'm a bit in the dark on a lot of things.)

Archaeologist have yet to find any humanoid remains in the same soil layers as the dinosaur remains, but yes, dinosaurs do still exist because they evolved to adapt to the changing environment.

Scientists do expect to genetically engineer a bird back into a dinosaur: elongate the vertebral column--at the tail--(or moreover, inject a genetic sequence that keeps the vertebral column from shortening), inject the sequence that allows for teeth to grow on the beak, and the wings into hands. All of these features are there in the embryonic stage of development, but the genetic coding for those features gets turned off before they develop further.