Goodbye Jesus

Yes, There Was A Historical Jesus

Abiyoyo

Will you stop believing if you live to 2020?

No, because there is a scriptural failsafe. No man knows the time, but in truth the "signs" have always been with us. Clever how prophecy works.

Or the world really came to an end 2,000 years ago, and now we all live in Hell--we call it Earth.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abiyoyo

• Shyone

• hereticzero

• R. S. Martin

You poor guy Abi. How do you sleep at night with such horrors in your head? :HappyCry:

I am ready to meet my maker :)

I already met with my maker, it's all around me. I meet with my "maker" every day and every second.

There are predictions, and then there are prophecies. Robbing a bank and then predicting that you will be arrested is not prophecy. Neither is pissing all over the Sanhedrin and predicting that one will be executed.

End time prophecy is basically what I was referring to here. And, as I'm sure you know, the prophecies are very close to complete with Jesus end time prophecy, with satellite communications. So, that, Isaac Newton's prophecy, Mayan prophecy, Sumerian writings, NASA's development, Nostradamus.

Predictions, prophecies. Whatever your choice. I don't think there has been any other point of time that this many prophecies, predictions, pointed so closely together.

What? Every time I think you are becoming more reasonable you come up with something like this.

I suppose you think Hal Lindsey is a scholar too?

Make it as easy for us as Hal Lindsey did with the Late Great Planet Earth. Give us a date when we can all laugh about this together.

Between 2012 and 2060 would be my official end time looney bird prophecy. I would go with Isaac Newton's calculations, along with the possibility that 800AD mark is incorrect by 47 years, and Newton didn't count year 0. 1BC, 1AD. So, minus a year for that would put it at 2012 instead of 2060.

I stick to 2012, respectfully of course, since the Bible Code predicts a destruction in 2010 and 2012. :shrug:

Come on, man, people have been predicting the end since day one of Christianity. All that's happened in the past 2,000 years is a bunch of people got rich off the suckers selling books and trinkets, and that's about it.

Do you really think anything's changed?

...or Marcus Welby really existed or not.

HA! You are showing your age! :HaHa:

Hey!! I used to love to watch Marcus Welby!!

You poor guy Abi. How do you sleep at night with such horrors in your head? :HappyCry:

I can't argue with that. :shrug:

No, because there is a scriptural failsafe. No man knows the time, but in truth the "signs" have always been with us. Clever how prophecy works.

Or the world really came to an end 2,000 years ago, and now we all live in Hell--we call it Earth.

No, no, no...the devil's reign is only for 2000 years. If this is 2010, where the hell are we? :HaHa:

I already met with my maker, it's all around me. I meet with my "maker" every day and every second.

Isn't that awesome? Eternity is right now and always will be...eternally. :D It is sad to think of those missing life by looking forward to a blissful future regardless if it is during life or after life as some believe. It is an insult to whatever notion of God one has to think Creation is something horrible.

...or Marcus Welby really existed or not.

HA! You are showing your age! :HaHa:

Hey!! I used to love to watch Marcus Welby!!

Me too...shhhhh

Make it as easy for us as Hal Lindsey did with the Late Great Planet Earth. Give us a date when we can all laugh about this together.

Between 2012 and 2060 would be my official end time looney bird prophecy. I would go with Isaac Newton's calculations, along with the possibility that 800AD mark is incorrect by 47 years, and Newton didn't count year 0. 1BC, 1AD. So, minus a year for that would put it at 2012 instead of 2060.

I stick to 2012, respectfully of course, since the Bible Code predicts a destruction in 2010 and 2012. :shrug:

Come on, man, people have been predicting the end since day one of Christianity. All that's happened in the past 2,000 years is a bunch of people got rich off the suckers selling books and trinkets, and that's about it.

Do you really think anything's changed?

Yeap, all Earth is discovered, uncovered, and covered with missionaries preaching Christ's return. There is no spot left to uncover. If there are remote areas that haven't been preached the Gospel, they are currently trying to get there, and via satellite communications, we now have connection to the world unlike all other. Heck, and even within the last ten years, the social networks boom have made it even more possible.

So, yes, you are correct in that it has been a tool for centuries, but, every time has it's meaning.

I actually researched that idea, and there are some that pertain to that idea. Revelation says that

1 ¶ And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrectio

This to me implied that when Christ died, Satan was bound in hell, and the dead would not live again until 1000 years were up. I have heard people say that these are backwards and that when it says the first resurrected happening is really at the tribulation, the 144,000 that are sealed of the lambs that came from the Earth. It's almost saying that after Christ, He was king for a thousand years, then Satan was released.

So, what they say is that this above verse of the first resurrection means they will stay dead, from Satan's release till the end. Many think it meant they were released, and now is the time of the saints, which, of course, would be the opposite of what they say.

I also have thought about this as well. Think about this. Christ, according to scholars, died around 26-34AD. 2000 plus that is, ....2026-2034.

Something to think about. I always said I think Earth is hell.

Want to add to that as well. This whole part covers a long period of time, all the way to the end, AND, specifies the evil.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

I saw this as saying that these are the martyrs, the first disciples, apostles that lived after Christ, 144.000, and I see it as they lived with Christ a thousand years on Earth (whereas most say this is after we are raptured, they think it is the raptured that will be priests to Christ, chief) Also, it says that the second death, has no power over these elite, priest of Christ.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

See. It requotes the prior verse about satan being loosed.

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Deceived!! them!!. They are thrown into the fire. This goes with my, "we don't fully understand the judgment of God, and possibility that God is more merciful than we expect.

...we don't fully understand the judgment of God, and possibility that God is more merciful than we expect.

Or that Christians don't understand the possibility God really is an altogether unmerciful asshole as the story suggests. When I look around at what happens, possibility number 2 seems more probable than possibility number 1. That is if God turned out to be real, which is not very likely.

Want to add to that as well. This whole part covers a long period of time, all the way to the end, AND, specifies the evil.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

I saw this as saying that these are the martyrs, the first disciples, apostles that lived after Christ, 144.000, and I see it as they lived with Christ a thousand years on Earth (whereas most say this is after we are raptured, they think it is the raptured that will be priests to Christ, chief) Also, it says that the second death, has no power over these elite, priest of Christ.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

See. It requotes the prior verse about satan being loosed.

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Deceived!! them!!. They are thrown into the fire. This goes with my, "we don't fully understand the judgment of God, and possibility that God is more merciful than we expect.

How exactly do you get mercy from this story? God has Satan tucked away safe and sound in a bottomless pit (this right away suggests that God has the ability to imprison people in less torturous prisons by the way), then decides to chuck release him just so he can lead some more people astray, presumably because he wants an excuse to burn them. and then he chucks the devil into the lake of fire as well, I see no application of mercy here whatever.

How exactly do you get mercy from this story? God has Satan tucked away safe and sound in a bottomless pit (this right away suggests that God has the ability to imprison people in less torturous prisons by the way), then decides to chuck release him just so he can lead some more people astray, presumably because he wants an excuse to burn them. and then he chucks the devil into the lake of fire as well, I see no application of mercy here whatever.

Oh, but don't you see that instead of throwing you right into the fire God could stick a spit up your ass and roast you slow while basting you with a nice barbecue sauce. Even humans are more merciful than the alleged God. At least we start with already dead animals when we roast them and toast them scrumptiously.