Goodbye Jesus

I thought this was a place to DEBATE?

Angel

I am still rather new to this site, but one thing I have noticed... why is it that there are "drive by shootings" as far as posts by christians? (I have noticed some do this) They drop a "bomb" and then split and never heard from again in that subject? The whole idea is to debate, so how can you debate an issue if they do not stick around long enough to do so?

If you are going to post something, at least stick it out for the long run. I am sure you believe your jesus is worth the trouble, unless you can not handle it? Just a thought....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mad_Gerbil

• Ouroboros

• Cerise

• Reach

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From now on, I'm going to try not to waste webspace in this section on "hit and run" posters.  If a new Christian posts, I'm going to write:  Are you coming back? If they dont' reply, I'm not going to give replies anymore.

A wise decision. I think I'll do that too. :wicked:

It is possible they thought they made a strong case in very first post of the threads they started (and some of them simply copy-and-paste from apologetic sites), when rebuttals came from our experts of every category, they could not continue further.

Man, there are experts here well versed in evolution, philosophy; we have long-time Christians before deconversion, recalling the scriptures inside-out, ex-pastors, and members who studied systematic theology…..should or should they not be surprised.

They're planting seeds for christ. The word of god shall not return void you know?

I think they're really afraid to challenge themselves. Their minds just might be changed, and they can't let that happen. :rolleyes:

"Planting seeds"? My ass! They're fertilizing! "Shit and git!" is more their philosophy. I'd run too, if I had such weak-kneed arguments that couldn't withstand criticism.

And notice that the few who DO remain are usually reduced to bible thumping and flaming. The remainder hide behind esoteric spiritualism, combined with challenges for US to "prove" there is no god. {Shifting the burden of proof.}

I don't even waste my time any longer "debating" with these trolls. I just drive through the gaping hole in their defenses with my truck bomb of sarcasm so I can let them have it. Fuck 'em and feed 'em a fish head. :wicked:

"Planting seeds"?  My ass!  They're fertilizing! 

Drive by seed-planting:

:bukkake:

Ex C seed-watering:

Pope.jpg

Final Result:

Piss.jpg

I don't think they bother coming back to even see what anyone has written.  They "believe" their message was from "god" and that they planted the seed and as I remember so frequently hearing "It is up to god to water it".

I disagree. I think they do read the replies but often don't come back because they are left speechless for a multitude of different reasons.

Ex C seed-watering:

Pope.jpg

:funny:

OMG! I am SO glad I wasn't drinking or eating when I saw this!!! I nearly busted a gut!

So THAT'S how those "Virgin Mary" piss stains get around! :lmao:

How bout the dude that came in here awhile back with a steam stain on a window that he thought was the virgin mary? Expected us all to fall on our knees when we saw it.

We gave that dweeb a rude awakening.

Here's what it is: they are so convinced that God is real, that they expect to just quote a bible verse or tell us that Jesus loves us, and then God will take it from there. God will shoot a big god-dart into our hearts, and we'll turn back, sobbing all the way. The good shepherd will gather up his lost sheep.

I guess we are as good a proof as any that god is not real.

I disagree. I think they do read the replies but often don't come back because they are left speechless for a multitude of different reasons.

One thing I look up often is to see when they were last online. Sometimes, their last activity online coincides with their one or two posts.

Left speechless all right, usually because we know thier fucking "holy" book better than they do.

I am still rather new to this site, but one thing I have noticed... why is it that there are "drive by shootings" as far as posts by christians? (I have noticed some do this) They drop a "bomb" and then split and never heard from again in that subject? The whole idea is to debate, so how can you debate an issue if they do not stick around long enough to do so?

It's pretty typical actually.

You see, the average sufferer from the christ meme doesn't actually want to debate, but to preach. The spore form of his meme (known as "wholly babble") has told him that you only need to tell all those Ebil Unbelievers™ that "Jebus loves you" and they will fall and kiss his meme's gawd's feet.

So the infected goes out and does exactly that. The meme stops him from ever seeing the truth that everyone's mocking him, and so it goes on and on...

...but of course the meme doesn't accept defeat. No way. So the infected comes back and tries his idiotic tricks again some days or weeks after, for a while at least... until the meme realizes that infecting anyone of us is more than unlikely.

You'll get used to it. :pureevil:

If you are going to post something, at least stick it out for the long run. I am sure you believe your jesus is worth the trouble, unless you can not handle it? Just a thought....

Because they're chicken. They don't know how to argue, but only how to preach and tell. They have no courage or backbone to stand up for their beliefs. Their belief is just as fickle as their arguments.

Did you really need to link to that thread, Brother Scotter?!?  LOL  Haven't we been tortured enough?  My 'evil stain' came out when I left Christianity.

Bleach works good on Evil Stains... :grin:

Tide, Ultra-Tide or Gain?  :phew:

I guess it depends on which kind of Evil.

Evil created by man, the devil or glob himself.

We need some kind of empirical experiment to figure out!

I think the other thing that leaves em speechless, is the fact that we show absolutely no respect or reverence for the Alrighty, oops, I mean the Almighty.

They aren't used to people who have no fear, and sometimes outright disdain for the object of their utter devotion. I think they view us sometimes as nothing more than a bunch of demons.

Little do they know that we are just normal people who have found a way out of a big mind control coercive manipulative horrid system, and that they have every chance of joining us someday.

I think the other thing that leaves em speechless, is the fact that we show absolutely no respect or reverence for the Alrighty,  oops, I mean the Almighty.

They aren't used to people who have no fear, and sometimes outright disdain for the object of their utter devotion.  I think they view us sometimes as nothing more than a bunch of demons.

Little do they know that we are just normal people who have found a way out of a big mind control coercive manipulative horrid system, and that they have every chance of joining us someday.

I know that was once true of me. In fact, I was afraid to a degree of all those "in the world." I was quite shocked once I realized that they were all just pretty ordinary.

Hi you guys... FWIW, :Look: It's one heck of an initiation around here for a Christian! When I first came here, I thought I was getting a psychological examination and prepared to be diagnosed with a label I knew nothing about. :phew: There were so many highly skilled people in their fields here, analyzing and categorizing my beliefs, evaluating my methods, giving me the rules of resources and presentation that was acceptable... I didn't know what was going on... :twitch: I was almost afraid to say anything! Not to mention an army coming for just me! :eek: And you nice people wonder why they don't last long. :scratch:

IMO, you all are a wealth of resources to change intolerant beliefs. If one can get past the intimidation of the 'initiation' stage... there is so much many of you can teach someone... even if they don't totally believe in your ultimate conclusion. You do stimulate critical thinking! Most of Christians, like me, are just use to debating their beliefs in accordance with the Bible. Well, you guys say right away... WE DON'T BELIEVE THE BIBLE, SO DON'T USE THAT TO ASSERT ANY PREMISES TO WHAT YOU ARE PRESENTING AS TRUTH FOR YOUR BELIEFS. BTW, WELCOME TO THESE FORUMS! I'm like... :ohmy: This all seems normal and natural to you guys... yet, we are at square one, just trying to get our balance!

You do have forums for debating with Christians. You must enjoy something about them, or you wouldn't have so many forums accommodating them and members visiting them. It seems to me that these that are here any amount of time, you change their lives for the better. Perhaps I've seen some ExC on this site realize that not ALL Christians are condescending, arrogant egotist and really like and appreciate you for who you really are, enjoy your company... no strings attached. Anyway, just a thought... :Look:

Well, you got the T-shirt:

"I survived the initiation at Ex-Christian.net - and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!" ;)

At least you have proven yourself to be adaptable and adjust to the situation, which is very commendable.

It's very true that visiting Christians get a hard beating and attracts a lot of fire.

But also remember, we're all very different as people on this site, so some go really hard on the visitors, and some don't. (I place myself somewhere in the middle, closer to the first :) )

We tend to expect a lot from the Christians, and less from the other faiths or no-faiths, and I can only explain it with - we came from the same group. If I had been an ex-muslim I probably had been harder on muslims than any other religion. Just a thought.

I'm not sure the fly-bys can be explained with our harsh treatment, but rather that some of our attitude comes from the irritation of the fly-bys. We heard (at least me) thousands of preachings and we got away from it, and don't want to hear it yet again, so it's really frustrating to hear the sermons some of us were preaching ourselves.

You do have forums for debating with Christians. You must enjoy something about them, or you wouldn't have so many forums accommodating them and members visiting them. It seems to me that these that are here any amount of time, you change their lives for the better. Perhaps I've seen some ExC on this site realize that not ALL Christians are condescending, arrogant egotist and really like and appreciate you for who you really are, enjoy your company... no strings attached. Anyway, just a thought...  :Look:

When a self-professing, bible-quoting, church-going Christian is talking to you or being nice to you, you don't know if it's sincere or up front. But when one who doesn't believe the Bible, or much of anything one who does would subscribe to, is nice to you, you figure they mean it, and it has nothing to do with beliefs at all.

I don't think people go around hating Christians, per se, they just don't believe that what they believe is valid to believe... but, hey, it's your fantasy, your life, believe what you want.

• 2 weeks later...

In regard to the OP:

I typically give up on a 'debate' because it gets so horribly mis-directed. Often times, what one is trying to say is replaced with some ridiculous carticature and in the process of trying to clear up the strawmen one only ends up in worse shape.

I don't think this is suprising; however, because many people here are wounded (by Christians) and probably shouldn't be talking with Christians -- the 'debate' is more of an opportunity to take cheap shots and express rage then anything. I went through that phase myself -- it is perfectly natural.

Anyways, more often than not when I find myself being asked to explain how it is I justify clubbing baby seals -- when only moments before we were talking about the NFL -- I usually just throw my hands up and go read a different messageboard or carry on the conversations with people via PM.

:phew: