Goodbye Jesus

See you at the Pole Day

Guest questioner4

Prayin' round the flagpole.......

"Oh! Oh! Lookit us! Lookit us! Look! Can you see how holyweare? See? See? Maybe someone will take pictures and everyone who reads the school newspaper will get to see how much like Jesusweare!!"

:notworthy:

:pyth:   :pyth:   :pyth:

Ego. It's all about the ego.

There was one time when I was taking my kids to school, and there were a bunch of these people (ALL GUYS, MIND YOU) standing around the flag-pole, holding hands, and praying.

Now, my son, who isn't all that aware of religion and it's rituals never ever has a bad thing to say about anyone unless they mess with him first. He's not prejudiced (at least he tries really hard not to be), and he doesn't hold any type of scorn toward homosexuals.

But he's witty. :grin:

He's smart, funny, and witty! :HaHa:

Anyway, as we were pulling into the school parking lot, he looked over at that group of guys holding hands and he said, "Dang! I should have worn my pink and purple shirt today." to which I replied, "What are you talking about? You don't even have a pink and purple shirt."

As he was getting out of the car, he motioned for me to look over at those guys, then he says, "I forgot that today was National Homosexual Day."

:lmao:

Both of us busted out laughing.

Kids...

Ya just never know what's going to come out of their mouth next. :lmao:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Fweethawt

• Caretaker

• Totallyatpeace

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya just never know what's going to come out of their mouth next.  :lmao:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

How old is he?

Hi Lori!

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

How old is he?

He just turned sixteen today. :woohoo:

The incident above happened sometime last school year. :HaHa:

But he's witty.  :grin:

He's funny, and witty!  :HaHa:

Like his dad.........

Gee thanks. :mellow:

I see that you edited the "smart" part out. :HappyCry:

I see that you edited the "smart" part out.  Thanks!  :grin:

Anytime!

Like his dad.........

I see that you edited the "smart" part out. :HappyCry:

Aaahhhh..............certainly not intentionally, Fwee. ;)

He just turned sixteen today.  :woohoo:

Uh Oh :mellow:

/me gets off the sidewalk....

:HaHa:

I honestly didn't edit that part out. I'm actually confused how the middle word could have been edited.

I honestly didn't edit that part out. I'm actually confused how the middle word could have been edited.
Tap, I was messin' with ya. You didn't edit anything out. Just go look at your original post, then you'll see.

Uh Oh :mellow:

/me gets off the sidewalk....

Actually, he's doing pretty good as far as driving is concerned. Granted, he just got his permit and I've only taken him out a couple of times.

There was only one time where he hit the brake too hard, other than that, everything else was really good.

Tap, I was messin' with ya. You didn't edit anything out. Just go look at your original post, then you'll see.

Did you notice in the shoutbox where I said how tired I am? It's 7:40 and I'm going to bed.

-_-

Did you notice in the shoutbox where I said how tired I am? It's 7:40 and I'm going to bed.

-_-

No I didn't notice. I rarely pay attention to the shoutbox anymore. :shrug:

Either way, I was just messin' with ya.

Good night.

^_^

-_-

Gute Nacht!

So bullying is right and shouldn't be stopped?  It's just "kids being kids" and it doesn't matter that it scars the victim for life?

(Note that what I said in the post that you referenced was brought on by a comment on everyone agreeing on this, so I decided to play devil's advocate, as I don't like this much, either)

Continuing devil's advocate position:

Ok, first, how many students are going to take the time to read all the slips of paper to know who to single out. Let's face it, most HS students don't care, and what happens isn't the bullying, it is all the people who stand by and watch and do nothing (hell, how do you think we train voters in this country). Also, how scarring is that actually going to be, realistically, I mean I could understand if the slips were people shaped and then there is the whole effigy thing.

Bact to your normal BlueGiant:

I went through much more than my fair share of bullying and sheer crap when I was in grade school, and I have them to thank for my ability to control and focus a large amount of anger. No one should have to go through anything like that, and while this sort of event isn't in and of itself scarring, it is one of ten thousand little things that just cut at those who are singled out.

It concerns me, to single out students because they don't fit a profile... and therefore may not be accepted. This, IMO, could lead to things like the Columbine incidence. :eek:

Teens have a hard enough time already, with normal pressures of (dysfunctional) homes, bottom echelon of workforce, and comprehending school. Peer pressure and a sense of perceived rejection, from these "Christians" and atheletes of Columbine, seemed to have really provoked emotions inducing mass murderers... culminating into suicide victims.

How are these adolescents with names pinned to the cross being treated? Maybe there should be a follow-up, including other aspects of the school too? :Hmm:

I would hope we would learn our lessons from history, as to not repeat itself.