Goodbye Jesus

Saved from what?

MQTA

I know the argument is whether one is saved by works, or by faith, or by grace, once and for all, or you have to jump hoops.

But, what Exactly are they being Saved from? I mean, really. What physically changes in the world when one thinks they're saved, to how things were a moment earlier?

I was Saved once, it was back during the summer when I was 4 years old. I was pushed into a pool and was drowning. I still can recall the vision of it. Glub glub glub. An arm reached in and Saved me, pulled me up out of the water. The mom of the kid who pushed me in.

To me, that's being Saved. Had nobody pulled me out, I'd have been dead.

But in this life, on my own, barring accidents, what do I need to be Saved from? Seems like a gimmick to me, always has. I still don't get it.

I'm still reading the How to be saved article How to be Saved, maybe the answer is in there?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baggs

• Asimov

• pandora

• Caretaker

Top Posters In This Topic

Saved from my wife? :scratch::HaHa:

Your being saved from god's love...IE being tossed in a lake of fire to be tortured forever.

Very intriguing topic in my opinion, I wonder why it hasnt gotten alot of responses?

I mean, if this really is an ex Christian website, how come nobody seems to know what saved really means?

Very intriguing topic in my opinion, I wonder why it hasnt gotten alot of responses?

I mean, if this really is an ex Christian website, how come nobody seems to know what saved really means?

Because it makes no fucking sense.

Because it makes no fucking sense.

Nice language.

Anyway, thats my point. The question I am asking is not if it makes sense, my basic concept is. Just why call somone an ex Christian if they dont even have a clue what Christian is in the first place? Anyway, here is a good concept.

Just some interesting thought. Since many people here call themselves EX-Christian. Lets see something interesting.

What makes a person a Christian in the first place. Now I realize that there are many denominations, but lets stick to the basic traditional Biblical concept that is more generally accepted.

Ok. So Biblically, What makes a Christian?

Ok. So Biblically, What makes a Christian?

I tend to think the answer depends on which Christian you ask.

It makes no sense for me to call myself an ex-Muslim if I dont even have a clue what Zakat is. Or call myself an ex-Buddhist if I dont have an idea what Nirvana is.

Uhh its a musical group dude!

Religion never really took hold on me, as I am naturally skeptic, so I guess I was never a real Christian, but I would still require proof before I would accept it.

What makes a person a Christian in the first place. Now I realize that there are many denominations, but lets stick to the basic traditional Biblical concept that is more generally accepted.

Why don't you tell us?

"I tend to think the answer depends on which Christian you ask. "

I specified Biblical defenition, it's pretty straightforward actually if you try to read it in context and culture context.

Well then, assuming you are an ex-Christian or call yourself one.

Tell me, what made YOU a Christian in the first place based on what sect or denimination you grew from.

It makes no sense for me to call myself an ex-Muslim if I dont even have a clue what Zakat is. Or call myself an ex-Buddhist if I dont have an idea what Nirvana is.

Uhh its a musical group dude!

interesting....so unless we know what a human is, we aren't humans?

"I tend to think the answer depends on which Christian you ask. "

I specified Biblical defenition, it's pretty straightforward actually if you try to read it in context and culture context.

Well then,  assuming you are an ex-Christian or call yourself one.

Tell me, what made YOU a Christian in the first place based on what sect or denimination you grew from.

I went to Catholic church, got communion, but that was my mother's decision. Kinda hard to say no being young and that it was the only way I knew.

But when I was old enough to think logically, I just grew out of it. Kinda like outgrowing Santa Claus.

You are SAVED from Hell

Well Baggs is.......

I personally can't wait til the fun begins

:brutal_01:

:fdevil:

:pureevil:

:Duivel:

:Duivel7:

interesting....so unless we know what a human is, we aren't humans?

Theres a difference though if you think of it.

Since Christianity is basically a faith, you cant say you lost faith if you never had it.

Like saying, I used to believe in evolution. Then you ask me, what is evolution? There are many different versions, but if you dont even know a single one, how can you say that you used to believe it if you dont even know what it is? So basically any response would work, either be it pentecostal baptist catholic or what ever denomination would be enough. My simple concern is that theres so many people calling themselves ex-Christian without even realizing what being saved is.

Like the example. A muslim that doesnt know what zakat is, or a Buddhist that doesnt know what Buddha is. Thus a Christian -Christianity- Christ - Saviour, why do we call Him saviour if we dont even know what He saves us from?

Can I call myself a believer if I dont even know what I believe?

"I went to Catholic church, got communion, but that was my mother's decision. Kinda hard to say no being young and that it was the only way I knew.

But when I was old enough to think logically, I just grew out of it. Kinda like outgrowing Santa Claus. "

THANK YOU! Finally somone actually responded honestly.

So technically attending church service, communion( or doing rituals) makes you a Christian, so growing out of it makes you an ex Christian. ( Thats how I understood it, Correct me if I understood You wrong or if you want to add something to it.)

Alright Thank you for answering that.

The rest of you can follow how Khan Noonien Singh answered. Whats your version of His story?

Theres a difference though if you think of it.

Since Christianity is basically a faith, you cant say you lost faith if you never had it.

Like saying, I used to believe in evolution. Then you ask me, what is evolution? There are many different versions, but if you dont even know a single one, how can you say that you used to believe it if you dont even know what it is? So basically any response would work, either be it pentecostal baptist catholic or what ever denomination would be enough. My simple concern is that theres so many people calling themselves ex-Christian without even realizing what being saved is.

Like the example.  A muslim that doesnt know what zakat is, or a Buddhist that doesnt know what Buddha is. Thus a Christian -Christianity- Christ - Saviour, why do we call Him saviour if we dont even know what He saves us from?

Can I call myself a believer if I dont even know what I believe?

Well, MQTA hasn't stated he's an ex-Christian from what I recall....so your argument is moot.

You are SAVED from Hell

Well Baggs is.......

I personally can't wait til the fun begins

:brutal_01:

:fdevil:

:pureevil:  

:Duivel:

:Duivel7:

AWESOME! I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO QUOTE! WOOT.

Ahem, ok anyway. Surly, in a general sense thats the response the person who originally started the thread would have probably wanted. Technically thats what the general response to that question was.

Well, MQTA hasn't stated he's an ex-Christian from what I recall....so your argument is moot.

Yeap for him/her. But I know theres plenty of people out there who claim things such as being an ex Christian who was never a Christian in the first place.

Yeap for him/her. But I know theres plenty of people out there who claim things such as being an ex Christian who was never a Christian in the first place.

Prove it.

Riiiiight.....

So why are we still talking about this?

And how did you become the authority on who was a true Christian before rejecting it?

Forget about the fact that they are now Atheists, or simply reject Christianity.

When you read through the testimonies, how were they any different than the "true" Christians when they did believe?

"I went to Catholic church, got communion, but that was my mother's decision. Kinda hard to say no being young and that it was the only way I knew.

But when I was old enough to think logically, I just grew out of it. Kinda like outgrowing Santa Claus. "

THANK YOU! Finally somone actually responded honestly.

So technically attending church service, communion( or doing rituals) makes you a Christian, so growing out of it makes you an ex Christian. ( Thats how I understood it, Correct me if I understood You wrong or if you want to add something to it.)

Alright Thank you for answering that.

The rest of you can follow how Khan Noonien Singh answered. Whats your version of His story?

Well....

I probably would have considered myself Christian had you asked me in grade school. I thought back then that it was normal and expected. And mandatory, to boot. However, now that I really know what it means to be Christian, I realize that I really was not.

But yes, I could say that I am an ex-Christian in the sense that I once thought I was.

One step ahead of you.

Thats what the question is about, I'm asking people right now what they think made them a Christian, so far we have 1 response. So, Asimov, do you call yourself an ex Christian ? If so, then be my guest, tell us your story like Khan Noonien Singh did.

One step ahead of you.

Thats what the question is about, I'm asking people right now what they think made them a Christian, so far we have 1 response. So, Asimov, do you call yourself an ex Christian ? If so, then be my guest, tell us your story like Khan Noonien Singh did.

I was thankfully never a Christian, that's my story.

A guy thought he was God, then finally God came down and showed himself. The guy became an ex God? Or He never was?

I cant be an ex Car racer if I was never a racer in the first place.

I thought I was a Car racer but I recently found out I was driving a bike.

So I'm really not an ex Car racer then, but an Ex Bike racer.

Then I found out that Racing doesnt mean just driving around the block, so I wasnt really a Racer but just a simple rider.

I'm an ex bull fighter, till I found out that I wasnt fighting bulls, I was fighting horses. So I'm an ex horse fighter.

Then I found out Fighting doesnt mean- feeding.

So I wasnt an ex horse or bull fighter but an Ex horse feeder.