Goodbye Jesus

What Is So Wrong With Hell?

Guest Yakuza

Didn't I say that God speaks 2 everybody, its just a matter of us accepting his messages.

What message? The message you hear from your God? I don't hear any message.

And I agree that hell doesn't necessarily make society grow because a lot of people who accept that hell is real still don't care about going 2 hell

Like Andrea Yates who drowned her children to save them from Hell. Such a good person she was... *ugh*

However, think about how even more dangerous the world would be if nobody believed in hell.

There are many countries where people live in peace without believing in Hell. So obviously, statistically, you're wrong.

And in the country with the highest number of Hell believers... the highest number of jail inmates.

The real numbers don't jive with your belief there buddy.

Even if the acceptance of the fact that hell is real is only slightly making the world better, I'm glad about that because it would be total annihilation if nobody believed in hell

When Europe was in the highest Hell-believing point, people were tortured to be saved from Hell. I guess you never heard about the Inquisition.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

You say god speaks to everybody. That's bullshit, I spent most of my life begging for god to speak to me without success. Why is that? Don't fucking say its my fault.

By the way I don't buy anything you've said and I realize you're just a troll.

God speaks to me too, and tells me that he doesn't exist. It must be right, or he wouldn't tell me so. ;)

Hell exists so we have somewhere to tell annoying xians to go. And that rude guy at the deli.

• Super Moderator

What's wrong with Hell? It just hit me (divine inspiration)!

Yak is not there, he's still here.

Okay, question answered. Next thread...........

• Like 1

Gotta tell you dude - the people who think god talks to them are scarier than the people who think the bible is god's word.

You don't believe in the bible and the people who do think you are nuts. You think they are nuts because they believe in the bible and you don't.

Here is a big clue - IF there was a god don't you think we would all get the same message? Why screw around with people?

And for the love of poop if he was so all-knowing and so powerful why did he even need to put anyone in the garden? He should have known that they were going to eat the stupid apple. Then not only that but let us suffer for their "sins". Stupid, stupid, stupid I tell ya! Oh that's right you don't believe in the bible - duh!

Without the bible how do you know there is a hell?

Love to know what the hell he is telling you though. Might be quite entertaining!

I've spent many hours on this site reading about the effects of a belief in hell on many good people. There are people here suffering, in therapy, having panic attacks, terrified of going to hell - and then a little pissant like you wants to come trolling around and ask what's wrong with a belief in hell?

Speaking of causing intentional harm - you should be ashamed of yourself!

PageofCupsNono.gif

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Mental wards are full of people who believe god talks to them. Yak escaped from his padded cell and is playing on someone's computer.

One thing that interests me is that some atheists feel that God is wrong because he sends evil people 2 hell. I don't know if all atheists feel this way. But what's so wrong with hell? Hell is the neccessity 2 determine what is evil, just like Heaven is the neccessity 2 determine good. And get this, some fool on this site said that Adolph Hiter didn't deserve hell. Now its true that I live a peaceful life and I don't normally engage in verbal abuse, but I just gotta tell it like it is and call that person or anybody else who feels that way is a muthafuckin fool. I wish that I could lock that person in a room full of modern day Jews who had a great great grandma go through the misery of the holocaust. That would probably be an ass kickin that has never been matched before. I remember hearing how the nazis would shove an umbrella up a woman's pussy but somehow a foolish atheist feels that Hitler is just as innocent as a cute puppy, and doesn't deserve the torture of hell.

This is why the idea that the legal system is the only punishment for evil people is half assed because Hitler became the legal system. Therefore the nazis who raped and killed had no legal consequences for there crimes. However, their sins did not go unnoticed. The all knowing God(or Gods) dealt with them in the afterlife, and now those nazis are suffering through a situation that makes the holocaust seem like a day at the ice cream shop. So people please, I am not asking u 2 view God in the same exact perspective as me, but could u please understand that God is not wrong 4 sending people 2 hell

Maybe it's just me, but I think if this god of yours were real, it could have spent it's time better during the Nazi holocaust by stopping it and saving lives than by letting the horror happen and only bringing punishment after the fact. I hate gods (and all others) who are so cruel and evil that they allow such harm when they have the power to stop it. There is nothing about such a being that merits worship. Disdain, yes, worship, no. But all that assumes that such a god actually existed, which it doesn't. So this is all academic, anyway.

• Like 1

Guest Yakuza

One thing that interests me is that some atheists feel that God is wrong because he sends evil people 2 hell. I don't know if all atheists feel this way. But what's so wrong with hell? Hell is the neccessity 2 determine what is evil, just like Heaven is the neccessity 2 determine good. And get this, some fool on this site said that Adolph Hiter didn't deserve hell. Now its true that I live a peaceful life and I don't normally engage in verbal abuse, but I just gotta tell it like it is and call that person or anybody else who feels that way is a muthafuckin fool. I wish that I could lock that person in a room full of modern day Jews who had a great great grandma go through the misery of the holocaust. That would probably be an ass kickin that has never been matched before. I remember hearing how the nazis would shove an umbrella up a woman's pussy but somehow a foolish atheist feels that Hitler is just as innocent as a cute puppy, and doesn't deserve the torture of hell.

This is why the idea that the legal system is the only punishment for evil people is half assed because Hitler became the legal system. Therefore the nazis who raped and killed had no legal consequences for there crimes. However, their sins did not go unnoticed. The all knowing God(or Gods) dealt with them in the afterlife, and now those nazis are suffering through a situation that makes the holocaust seem like a day at the ice cream shop. So people please, I am not asking u 2 view God in the same exact perspective as me, but could u please understand that God is not wrong 4 sending people 2 hell

Maybe it's just me, but I think if this god of yours were real, it could have spent it's time better during the Nazi holocaust by stopping it and saving lives than by letting the horror happen and only bringing punishment after the fact. I hate gods (and all others) who are so cruel and evil that they allow such harm when they have the power to stop it. There is nothing about such a being that merits worship. Disdain, yes, worship, no. But all that assumes that such a god actually existed, which it doesn't. So this is all academic, anyway.

Well I don't know actually why God let the holocaust happen, but that's none of my business. Maybe God feels that I don't need 2 know why the holocaust happened. Just like I don't know why I have beenbroke broke, robbed, had a bad childhood, and have went 4 a long period of time without sex in the past even though I have been devoted 2 my spiritual journey since I was very young. All I can worry about is the fact that I have been blessed with the resources to try 2 make this world a better place

Well I don't know actually why God let the holocaust happen, but that's none of my business. Maybe God feels that I don't need 2 know why the holocaust happened. Just like I don't know why I have beenbroke broke, robbed, had a bad childhood, and have went 4 a long period of time without sex in the past even though I have been devoted 2 my spiritual journey since I was very young. All I can worry about is the fact that I have been blessed with the resources to try 2 make this world a better place

I can let god off the hook for the holocaust and don't even have to consider the question of why he did not act. And I can do this on the grounds that he does not exist. And this frees me to put the blame where it belongs - people - and never have to let the concept of an evil deity enter my mind. It's truly freeing of the mind.

• Like 2

Call me an ass, but the simple fact that you're using text language says a lot. Is it really all that hard to type to instead of 2 and for instead of 4?

I'm done with this thread.

I say good day!

• Like 1

Guest Yakuza

I can let god off the hook for the holocaust and don't even have to consider the question of why he did not act. And I can do this on the grounds that he does not exist. And this frees me to put the blame where it belongs - people - and never have to let the concept of an evil deity enter my mind. It's truly freeing of the mind.

I agree that people are to blame for the holocaust, but to say that there is no God and no hell is the same thing as saying the Nazis lived a pleasurable life of torturing people and got away with it. The danger of this thinking is that the future generation of people will lose all fear of hell and pursue their evil interests because they feel that there is nothing to face

I agree that people are to blame for the holocaust, but to say that there is no God and no hell is the same thing as saying the Nazis lived a pleasurable life of torturing people and got away with it. The danger of this thinking is that the future generation of people will lose all fear of hell and pursue their evil interests because they feel that there is nothing to face

No, the danger is not what you say. The danger is that people will fail to act to correct injustices when it counts, the here and now, because they will have this misguided notion that god will sort it all out in the end. The danger is that people will act in evil ways because they think god has given them permission to so act. The danger is that untold millions will fear hell because they lusted after a woman or committed some other harmless "sin." The danger is that if people wrongly believe there is a heavenly reward, they can be conned into allowing their children to fight unjust wars and become mamed and killed but will receive their heavenly reward in the end. The danger is that we will return to the days when the church ruled and people can be tortured and killed for some blasphemous act or another. The danger is that the religious can continue to swindle innocent people of their money with the promise of some sort of god-inspired reward if they will only give to them.

The concept of hell is the worst blight the bible has inflicted on the human species.

• Like 7

Even without believing in gods, people have morals just the same. Oh yeah, and Hitler was a Catholic - a type of Christian - and there was a lot of Christianity in Germany that hated the Jews. So maybe the Nazis believed in hell, but didn't think they were going to go there themselves because they believed what they were doing was right.

The law is one thing that prevents people from pursuing evil interests. Compassion and the ability to care about others reduces evil desires and increases good ones. No gods necessary.

Norway has far fewer people who profess to believe in Christianity than the US, but has a lower violent crime rate. So fear of hell does not correlate to less violence, less evil.

• Like 2

Fact: Hitler repented and raised his hands up to Jesus, asking him to fulfill God's promise and save him on his deathbed, just minutes before he died.

According to the Bible, Hitler is now safe and cuddly in the arms of Baby Jesus in heaven, forever and ever.

The Jews that Hitler tortured and gassed on the other hand, they didn't believe in Jesus so God has no choice but to brutally and sadistically torture them forever and ever.

Sounds fair to me! :lmao::lmao: :lmao:

God spoke to me and told me Yakuza is a troll.

What is so wrong with hell? If the bible's right lots of good people are gonna burn for eternity. If you don't see that as bad then you need to pull your head out of your ass.

Again this is something that only some christians say. I go by what God says, not by what the bible says

According to many Christians you will go to Hell for not believing what the Bible says. :HaHa:

Well I don't know actually why God let the holocaust happen, but that's none of my business.

Bzzt! Wrong, Yakuza. If you worship such a god, I assert that it is absolutely your business; that it is immoral to worship a god that would stand by and let millions of people die; and that it is immoral to worship a god that would send even *one* sentient being to hell.

All I can worry about is the fact that I have been blessed with the resources to try 2 make this world a better place...

By supporting the concept of hell and trolling our forum, you are deliberately making the world a worse place.

May you lose all your alleged "blessings" until you develop the maturity to use them in a sane manner.

Mods, please move this to the Lion's Den.

• Like 3

God spoke to me and told me Yakuza is a troll.

She told me that if Yakuza didn't stop trolling, she was going to give him a good spanking, and make him sit in the corner for a hundred years.

Mental wards are full of people who believe god talks to them. Yak escaped from his padded cell and is playing on someone's computer.

istockphoto_16423801-internet-computer-troll.jpg

• Like 1

No, the danger is not what you say. The danger is that people will fail to act to correct injustices when it counts, the here and now, because they will have this misguided notion that god will sort it all out in the end. The danger is that people will act in evil ways because they think god has given them permission to so act. The danger is that untold millions will fear hell because they lusted after a woman or committed some other harmless "sin." The danger is that if people wrongly believe there is a heavenly reward, they can be conned into allowing their children to fight unjust wars and become mamed and killed but will receive their heavenly reward in the end. The danger is that we will return to the days when the church ruled and people can be tortured and killed for some blasphemous act or another. The danger is that the religious can continue to swindle innocent people of their money with the promise of some sort of god-inspired reward if they will only give to them.

The concept of hell is the worst blight the bible has inflicted on the human species.

Bravo, OF! Bravo!!

There are countless scenarios where people will turn a cold heart toward other groups of people. The question is why does this take place and how to overcome it. Telling convenient fictions about an invisible dimension of despair and torture is not a viable way to do this. I'll bet if rational minds and empathetic hearts focused their efforts on dealing with the real question of humanity's crueler side (and the politicians listened), much more good would be done than by spewing such ad hoc nonsense about hell as the OP has done.

I've spent many hours on this site reading about the effects of a belief in hell on many good people. There are people here suffering, in therapy, having panic attacks, terrified of going to hell - and then a little pissant like you wants to come trolling around and ask what's wrong with a belief in hell?

PageofCupsNono.gif

^ This.

• Like 1

PageofCupsNono.gif

:clap:

Refuses to answer Yakuza until he/she/it learns to type to and for correctly.

• Like 1

Yakuza, what is your definition of hell? How do you understand it?