Goodbye Jesus

Skeptics Bible

daniel_1012

Neil,

I'm not convinced, and you're just going to have to live with that.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daniel_1012

• Mr. Neil

• Fweethawt

• Kuroikaze

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't redefine short... I gave you its definition.  Short in and of itself has no point of reference.  This is why dogs can be short, dinosaurs can be short, buildings can be short, our time can be short, my shorts can be short.  I'm not saying anything people don't already know.

103186[/snapback]

Quickly and soon do not have different meanings in the bible, they all have the same concordance number as "David came quickly". Quickly means quickly, the only reason this has to be apologized away at such lenghts is in order to keep the myth alive.

103274[/snapback]

The only reason this has to be apologized is because you do not understand.

The difference between us and them is that we wear our badge of faith on our sleeves, while they pretend theirs doesn't exist.  :lmao:

102587[/snapback]

We don't need faith to disbelieve your claims, silly :lmao:

Do you require a big leap of faith to disbelieve alien abduction claims? :lmao:

How about claims of virgin mary sightings in buttermilk pancakes? :lmao::lmao:

Cuckoo, cuckoo! :crazy:

I've got your issues with Mary and Joseph handled, but before I let you rip into it, I am running it by a few of my friends in the world of apologetics. There's nothing like a meeting of great minds! It came to me so clearly after a little thought but I have to admit I had never really approached some of those objections before. Once they have gotten back to me, I will post it. I know you hate waiting and if you were a more forgiving crowd, we'd work on it together but as it is, it would be like throwing one steak to 600 starved lions. Not a pretty site, and I didn't spell that wrong.

You are a total bitch, not worthy of our time.

That is what iggy buttons were made for.

I'm sorry, I'm not convinced.  Perhaps next time.

I think you're a half-brained dickweed, and you're just going to have to live with that.

I've got your issues with Mary and Joseph handled, but before I let you rip into it, I am running it by a few of my friends in the world of apologetics.  There's nothing like a meeting of great minds!  It came to me so clearly after a little thought but I have to admit I had never really approached some of those objections before.  Once they have gotten back to me, I will post it. I know you hate waiting and if you were a more forgiving crowd, we'd work on it together but as it is, it would be like throwing one steak to 600 starved lions.  Not a pretty site, and I didn't spell that wrong.

Bwahah... "Great" minds? Don't make me laugh. And little thoughts are the only thoughts you ever have.

We'd be more forgiving, if you'd work on being more intelligent. Stupidity is the surest way to get yourself picked to pieces, you know.

The Skeptics bible is a great source for people who need a starting point. It is no more absolute truth than is the bible. All it's detractors here have shown is how easy it is to take one page from a manuscript and twist it to suit their position. It's the hieght of hypocrisy. The base of their criticism is the very action that they are doing with their criticism.

One doesn't need The Skeptics Bible in order to understand how unjust those scriptures are. One only needs to read the bible for themself. However, some of us can no longer be bothered to pore through the irrelevant minutia of your sacred texts in order to remember the details of some horribly amoral aphorism hidden in the shitstorm of words that is the bible. To that purpose, The Skeptics Bible is invaluable.

I know you hate waiting and if you were a more forgiving crowd, we'd work on it together but as it is, it would be like throwing one steak to 600 starved lions.

I think you misunderstand the Lion's Den... your arguments aren't the steak... it's you... who is the meat... :HaHa:

Not a pretty site, and I didn't spell that wrong.

103293[/snapback]

Blah blah blah. If this site isn't good enough for you, start your own. Why whining? Start your own site, and make it as good as you want.

This site is for EX-Christians, and we need it, because we're not allowed to discuss and talk about what we want on those Christian sites, so we have this one. It's our oasis. If you don't like it, it's your problem, not ours. :nono:

I know you hate waiting and if you were a more forgiving crowd, we'd work on it together but as it is, it would be like throwing one steak to 600 starved lions.

I think you misunderstand the Lion's Den... your arguments aren't the steak... it's you... who is the meat... :HaHa:

Not a pretty site, and I didn't spell that wrong.

103293[/snapback]

Blah blah blah. If this site isn't good enough for you, start your own. Why whining? Start your own site, and make it as good as you want.

This site is for EX-Christians, and we need it, because we're not allowed to discuss and talk about what we want on those Christian sites, so we have this one. It's our oasis. If you don't like it, it's your problem, not ours. :nono:

103307[/snapback]

My, my, don't be so sensitive! I wasn't refering to the beauty and purpose of your site, I was referring to what happens when I post. I'd rather not be dinner if I can help it; i.e., I'd rather friends tore apart my work first than have you find any holes I hadn't thought of. If you were more friendly, I'd not feel uncomfortable posting it here first. It's pretty apparent what most of you think of me, one only need read your posts and it has nothing to do with the lack of intelligence if your posts are anything in comparison.

My, my, don't be so sensitive!

Pot. Kettle. Black.

For someone who has been doing as much whining as you, IPIC, you certainly have no room to talk about "sensitivity".

My, my, don't be so sensitive!  I wasn't refering to the beauty and purpose of your site, I was referring to what happens when I post.  I'd rather not be dinner if I can help it; i.e., I'd rather friends tore apart my work first than have you find any holes I hadn't thought of.  If you were more friendly, I'd not feel uncomfortable posting it here first.  It's pretty apparent what most of you think of me, one only need read your posts and it has nothing to do with the lack of intelligence if your posts are anything in comparison.

103311[/snapback]

Problem for you...

When you run something past people in the hopes of making sure it's got no holes, it's a good idea to make sure the people you run it past do NOT believe the same as you. All they will do is go through it and bypass any holes that are there because their own beliefs will not allow them to see them.... (that's the reason I run a lot of my thoughts past a couple of Christians I know... and also the reason why I easily rip the counter-arguments to shreds)

By the way... since you've been insulting and belittling everyone here right from the start, are you really surprised that we're not that friendly towards you? You reap what you sow, and you've sown a lot of hate...

Ipray,

What is your purpose for being here? Do you think we are Biblically illiterate or just not cognizant of your "truths"?

Then there can be no argument in the name of Christianity that bears any meaning, because you refuse to address what is clearly a problem for your beliefs. You have to deny Torah law in order to believe that Jesus is the king of the Jews. In other words, you have to deny your faith in order to accept it.

You don't have to be "convinced". I don't care at all if you're convinced. I'll repeat what I told Crazy Tiger. You're a tool. The purpose of the tool is to be used for a dedicated purpose. That purpose is to demonstrate that falsehood of Christianity. You are just one in a series of bad apologists to come to this site who cannot defend their beliefs. You aid me in my quest to rid people of the harmful belief system of Christianity. And believe me, Danno, other Christians are perfectly capable of seeing your short-comings, even if you are not.

The longer you stay here, the more you betray your own religion, because you continue to make a fool of yourself.

Ipray,

What is your purpose for being here? Do you think we are Biblically illiterate or just not cognizant of your "truths"?

103324[/snapback]

I can answer that...

1st question - to insult and belittle everyone while complaining about how I get heat of off everyone.

2nd question - Yes.

I'd rather not be dinner if I can help it; i.e., I'd rather friends tore apart my work first than have you find any holes I hadn't thought of.

Then go and post on another forum if you can't stand the heat in our kitchen.

Then there can be no argument in the name of Christianity that bears any meaning, because you refuse to address what is clearly a problem for your beliefs. You have to deny Torah law in order to believe that Jesus is the king of the Jews. In other words, you have to deny your faith in order to accept it.

You don't have to be "convinced". I don't care at all if you're convinced. I'll repeat what I told Crazy Tiger. You're a tool. The purpose of the tool is to be used for a dedicated purpose. That purpose is to demonstrate that falsehood of Christianity. You are just one in a series of bad apologists to come to this site who cannot defend their beliefs. You aid me in my quest to rid people of the harmful belief system of Christianity. And believe me, Danno, other Christians are perfectly capable of seeing your short-comings, even if you are not.

The longer you stay here, the more you betray your own religion, because you continue to make a fool of yourself.

103333[/snapback]

Believe what you wish, atheist.

I didn't redefine short... I gave you its definition.  Short in and of itself has no point of reference.  This is why dogs can be short, dinosaurs can be short, buildings can be short, our time can be short, my shorts can be short.  I'm not saying anything people don't already know.

103186[/snapback]

Quickly and soon do not have different meanings in the bible, they all have the same concordance number as "David came quickly". Quickly means quickly, the only reason this has to be apologized away at such lenghts is in order to keep the myth alive.

103274[/snapback]

The only reason this has to be apologized is because you do not understand.

103286[/snapback]

no it has to be apologized because you need to make sense of something that doesn't make sense.

And you didn't give me a definition of soon that I was not alreayd aware of. The Tao Te Ching, which I've read several times has a lot to say about the comparative nature of words, and I admited to you that short is only defined as a comparison to long, I just pointed out that there is nothing in that passage that would lead me to believe that Paul is referencing God's sense of Time in that passage.

In fact the passage would lead me to believe that paul is referencing a human time table.

Of course you can't accept that because it would call inerrancy into question, at which point appologetics kicks in. Which of course is a logical system to prove the bible's validity by starting out with the assumption that the bible is true. appolgetics is and has always been a classical case of circular logic.

And as always you still didn't answer my question. I'll put it in bold letters this time so you don't miss it.

Almost all of them even the conservitive ones will admit that Paul thought that Jesus would return in his lifetime early on in his ministry, so do you really believe you know better than almost every biblcal scholar who has every lived?

Has nothing to do with belief. I showed the verses demonstrating that Jesus would need to have a father to be of the house of David. That's the only way he can be the Messiah. I demonstrated that you are wrong, and I present you as an example to those with more critical minds. You have chosen not to refute my argument, because you can't. You have to deny your faith in order to embrace it, because you ignore the messianic prophecies that don't match Jesus.

Clearly, you are too cowardly to face what is true and too proud to admit when you've been bested.

Clearly, you are too cowardly to face what is true and too proud to admit when you've been bested.
This has nothing to do with belief either. After all, there is plenty of evidence here on this forum to back that statement up.

Neil beat me to it. What he said has nothing at all to do with 'belief'. He wrote out his points, in detail, which were completely true and therefore not requiring 'belief'.

We understand though. We know that only an honest person can admit when they're wrong. :mellow:

I also have to remind you, Daniel, that this is a debate forum, and therefore, refusals to engage are not welcome here. If you are incapable of defending your belief, then you needn't post here.

My, my, don't be so sensitive!  I wasn't refering to the beauty and purpose of your site, I was referring to what happens when I post.

Okay.

I'd rather not be dinner if I can help it; i.e., I'd rather friends tore apart my work first than have you find any holes I hadn't thought of. If you were more friendly, I'd not feel uncomfortable posting it here first. 

Hmmm... I wonder why this site is unfriendly... I could have nothing to do with where we came from, can it? Actually, I have no beef with Christians, and you rarely see me take a bite out of one on this site. But as you could see from my previous post, I don't like when someone tells us to become the friendly-we-like-all-christians.com. The purpose of the site is for the recovering ex-christians, and so it will stay.

It's pretty apparent what most of you think of me, one only need read your posts and it has nothing to do with the lack of intelligence if your posts are anything in comparison.

103311[/snapback]

Of course we have preconceived notions about what and who you are. That's what we like to do! ;)

We have no obligations to be non-prejudicial against the Christians that come here, but we do try... now and then... and some Christians have managed (believe it or not) to be somewhat accepted and approved by the majority. But it wasn't easy for them or for us! :HaHa:

I also have to remind you, Daniel, that this is a debate forum, and therefore, refusals to engage are not welcome here.  If you are incapable of defending your belief, then you needn't post here.
He isn't here to defend anything. He's here to proselytize. That's it.

Have a look at this little gem:

Hardly. The ignorance of a non-believe who, as is the case here, has had such a great oppertunity to recieve Christ but rejects Him still, rarely brings any conviction whatsoever. Without Christ, I do not believe you will ever understand anything that preaches Christ. Until you open the door and meet Christ personally, you will only be listening through one that is closed, catching broken speach and muffled words. It is these pieces that will draw a man to open the door, if he likes what he hears. If he does not like what he hears, he'll be pushed away. Since you have not opened the door after all this time, it can only be said that you have walked away. Obviously, you have yet to believe.

When the door is opened, Christ is met and the Spirit received. With the Spirit of God inside, the door open, you can clearly hear and clearly see what once came to you in only pieces of speech, through a thick and sound breaking door. I know this from personal experience. Jesus said though, that He stands at the door and knocks, and whoever opens the door He would come in and sup with them, and they with Him. This is crucial. If you don't do this, you are just listening to Him knocking... listening to Him talking. If you are on the outside... who are you to teach those who are on the inside, how to be inside? I look at those around me on the inside, wondering of your sanity as you try to convince us of the methods it takes to be inside the love of God. But, aren't you outside? Come join us then, and we will both learn to understand.

You see, since we are not believers, our words mean nothing. And unless we become believers, that is the only way he can hear what we say. :shrug:

If and when this dude falls away,

he's gonna fall hard. :mellow:

You see, since we are not believers, our words mean nothing. And unless we become believers, that is the only way he can hear what we say.  :shrug:
Ah, that explains his selective reading. His Christian goggles makes logical statements invisible.

You know, we should gather up a bunch of these quotes of his and submit them to Fundies Say The Darndest Things.

Guys, have you looked closely at this "daniel in the lion's den"? He's not for real. I mean "Hell? Hell yeah!" How obvious is that? Don't assume he's for real just because he has his christian rhetoric down. This is, after all, an ex-christian forum. Who knows the rhetoric better than an ex-christian?