Goodbye Jesus

Why Leftism Makes Me Angry

Legion

I think we do. I think we live in a society where ideological warfare is perfectly acceptable. Indeed it is viewed as inevitable, unavoidable and often even praised.

I grew up in this society. I grew up in a society of mind warriors. And I too am a mind warrior. Ha. It's absurd.

Ideological warfare is the accepted norm now more than ever, because there is money to be made on ideological warfare, I mean that is how Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and the rest of the talking heads make money (they make millions for just preaching and ranting why liberals are bad and conservatism is good), it is based on ideological warfare.

Why did you edit your post Ramen?

It wasn't worded the way I wanted, that is why I edited it so it is clearer.

People usually only get angry about things which effect them personally or effect someone close to them. I am no different. So what has Leftism done to me or mine which would make me angry?

I should have excelled academically. I am intelligent and passionate about learning. I believe of all the human endeavors, few are more noble than the continuing pursuit of understanding. So why didn't I excell?

Leftism. Academia is overwhelmingly Leftist. And they do their best to ensure that it remains this way. All I had to do was speak the right words. That's all I had to do. I didn't even have to believe it, I only had to toe the line. But I couldn't do it. So I was barred.

It's really that simple.

I call bullshit.

It wasn't worded the way I wanted, that is why I edited it so it is clearer.

Nah, that's not what I saw. I saw the unedited words. Your hipocrisy was plain as day. You said "They engage in an us vs them mentality" They. Those people over there. Them. Not us. Those guys. They do it.

Wendytwitch.gif What?

Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, has not made a business based on using the ideological warfare (us vs them)? I never said both sides don't do it. BUT it is pretty easy to show that example of how the right wing uses it, and profits from it.

Ramen this is very intriguing to me. I want to be very clear here that I am not judging you. I have seen hypocrisy in myself before. No doubt I still have hypocrisy within. So I have no room to judge.

But you seriously can't see what I'm saying here? I couldn't see my hypocrisy either. This was what I was doing. I was expecting others to be humble while I allowed myself to be arrogant. This is how I resolved it. I accepted arrogance in others.

But I don't see what you are saying, instead of saying us vs them, I just changed it to be more specific to what I was talking about in relation to the right wing media machine. Instead of just saying us vs them, I used an example, but means exactly the same thing. Only difference I was specific how they do it.

Also there is a difference between "those guys" and me,I am NOT making money off of a political ideology, I am not preaching it, I am not pushing it on anyone, it is just my opinion and having an opinion is not bad (people get confused when I have this topic, read the thread taking politics too far I created) but you got to back it up and I have always, I have stated many many reasons why I don't trust the right or conservatism, a lot of that should be assumed by now since I post a lot on the subject. The way I post is build off other conversations, posts, assuming people do remember what I have said in the past.

What does money have to do with this Ramen? It's irrelevant.

Now please watch.

They (those guys over there, them, not us), they engage in an us vs. them mentality. Those bad guys, portray us as bad guys. They are beneath us because they put us down.

Anything wrong with that?

That was a very well spoken post Rank. That was well done.

See the thing is... I'm not bitter!!!! woohoo.gif Yeah! Yeah! The joy is near to me!

I don't blame people. I blame ideas.

I don't care about money or status.

I want understanding.

I want it, and I don't care if it costs me my life.

I hope that's true- but that's not the impression I get... especially from the OP of this thread. You're clearly angry at people who hold certain ideas... and you seem to be applying blame to huge swaths of said people over some specific thing that happened to you. I'm not saying this makes you a bad person- just human.

Me- I AM bitter. But I reckon there are worse things to be. When life sucks, it's hard not to take it personally.

Rank I am having many interconnected thoughts over here. I wrote that OP about three times trying to express what I was getting at.

Yes, I'm not merely angry; I have a deep well of rage. I can't feel it right now, but it's there.

Rank I am having many interconnected thoughts over here. I wrote that OP about three times trying to express what I was getting at.

Yes, I'm not merely angry; I have a deep well of rage. I can't feel it right now, but it's there.

What I got out of the OP is that you hate the political left because leftists fucked you over academically and ruined any chance of you having an academic career.

Taking that at face value, I'd have to ask: Should you blame all leftists for that? Or just the ones at your particular college? Do YOU share any of the blame (for your lack of flexibility, maybe)?

I don't know your story. But I have a hard time believing that the story is as simple as bad people with an evil ideology that were out to get you. Life is never that simple.

And it's bullshit to blame every single other person who holds similar beliefs.

Rank Stranger do you really think that Leftists make me angry? I have discovered the true bright inward source of my motive. Hatred of humanity. I've truly grown weary of you all and desire to hear the voice of my Goddess, the Scream of humanity as I cast them into the Abyss.

No, but seriously. I gained in this thread. I came to realize a latent interest, and I was given some information and direction. So, it's all groovy. Some of my anger here is actually directed at myself, but I don't like to admit it. I have not thrown myself into some passions because of laziness and the avoidance of the discomfort that can come with learning. I need to simply embrace my curiousity, focus it, invest myself, be open to all the facts and inferences, and I'll be game.