Goodbye Jesus

The Cult Test

Sissi71

I am a panromantic asexual (meaning that I crave romantic companionship regardless of gender, but I don't feel a need or desire to have sex) and I know for a fact that the church helped make me this way. I can't have a normal relationship with anyone because of this.

Have you written about this elsewhere? (Like in the sex/relationship area?) I'd like to hear more about your experience if you're willing.

I have heard stories of people who had sex for the first time and ended up pregnant because they had no idea how the whole baby thing worked. Then, they feel obligated to get married and end up having a miserable relationship. Gotta love ignorance.

That kind of thing can get me very upset. screams.gif

I am a panromantic asexual (meaning that I crave romantic companionship regardless of gender, but I don't feel a need or desire to have sex) and I know for a fact that the church helped make me this way. I can't have a normal relationship with anyone because of this.

I was just afraid of everything that had to do with sex, because they said it was such a horrible "sin". I felt filthy just thinking about it. Luckily, I knew from before ( I always loved psychology) that it wasn't healthy, so I managed to get rid of it. But, very hard. I still sometimes feel guily and filthy.

Wow, great posts. Had to finally catch up.

The whole "give yourself to god" thing always creeped me out. Sounds like a ritual sacrifice or a gang rape. Too creepy.

Everytime I look back at my religious experiences I see it was a cult. A serious cult. You are required to "conform".

I too think that you cannot love or even like everyone. Respect, yes, but not the others. And the fake happy. Why act plastic? Why not be human? Because it's a cult and you must conform. Humans cannot know what happiness is if there is a lack of sadness. You have nothing to compare happiness to. You must have both for balance.

I was not part of the fundies so my experience is less intense. I do however have quite an understanding of how bad that can be. Sadly one of my friends may end up back in that mess. Her father is a minister.LeslieHappyCry.gif

I also like my flaws. I can't draw or sing (damn it!), but that pushes my creativity to something I CAN do. A flaw is not always bad... unless you're a serial killer.zDuivel7.gif

Look at who is posting in this thread. We all have a different view of life, we are all very different people. No one forced us to come together to post in this thread, but we did because we asked questions and became curious about life. We ended up at this forum and eventually shared things, emotions, experiences, opinions, here in this thread.

The church forbids you to think. Don't ask questions. The answer is always god.

But real humans need more than that. So we dump the abuse, run from the cult and find others who are human also. We help each other heal. We help each other live.

I just love when people are themselves. Even if I have nothing in common with them. That whole fake, "let's all be sheep" mentality makes me ill. People really are interesting. The cult tries really hard to destroy that.

The more we think and be ourselves, the less the cult will have on society.

I think I am just wandering through my thoughts here. Hopefully that made sense.

I too wanted to comment on music. Everytime I hear an artist accept an award and "thank god" for it, I just get so sad. I just cannot appreciate them as much. I always want to write to them and tell them to return the award so god can have it since it was obviously god who sung the song and not them. It's just stupid, but that's the cult requiring god to get the credit for your developed talent.

How long have you been with them?

Also, I have noticed that many artists, for example musicians, make great work and are very talented but the moment they convert or "find God" as they say, they somehow lose their talent and start creating rubbish. Have you notice that? Isn't this a clear sign of personality destruction?

I have been with them for 20 years. Though for the last 10 years or so I didn't attend church any more.

Yes, I have noticed that too. One of the leaders of my church was a rock star here before converting to Christianity. He was more an alternative artist, but a star of that scene nevertheless. He is actually a great lyricist (not so much a great musician, but he was pretty acknowledged for his lyrics). After converting he kept doing music but of course now his lyrics are filled with religious references and it's all about Jebus now. He's still talented, of course, but I have seen former fans of his music saying what a waste it is, because he did so much better lyrics before converting.

Anyway, he was a drug addict before and now "Jesus" freed him (in reality he just replaced one drug with another), so he is grateful for that. You have to admit that at least the Jesus drug doesn't endanger your physical health.* Mental health is another question.

* Edited to add: Though that's not necessarily true. If someone becomes depressed, sick or suicidal because of this religion of guilt, that can very well endanger physical health as well.

Have you written about this elsewhere? (Like in the sex/relationship area?) I'd like to hear more about your experience if you're willing.

I have heard stories of people who had sex for the first time and ended up pregnant because they had no idea how the whole baby thing worked. Then, they feel obligated to get married and end up having a miserable relationship. Gotta love ignorance.

That kind of thing can get me very upset. screams.gif

I haven't written about this anywhere. I don't have access to the sex/relationship area either... How can I get into that forum?

I haven't written about this anywhere. I don't have access to the sex/relationship area either... How can I get into that forum?

Send a PM to a moderator for the password.