Goodbye Jesus

Be Careful! Demons On The Loose!

Margee

Suzy..I mean it.......I CAN"T believe I actually used to believe this stuff. Wendytwitch.gif...but I did!! We Pentacostals were always 'binding' demons!!

I went to a pentacostal church. They laid out a list on a table in the entryway one Sunday... stuff to avoid like Ouija boards, tarot cards, astral projection, crystal stuff, new age, etc etc...all my favorites..lol. We also were heavy into spiritual warfare, which amounted to people praying. Not much warfare if you look at it critically....it didn't dawn on me that God ought to be taking care of that warfare stuff, right?

• Like 1

This like Pokemon?

"My charzard demon can beat your picachu spirit."

"Gotta get them all!"

Or Magic the Gathering. "Dude. I totally cast a level 3 Spirit of Pride to disable both your Spirit of Lust and your Spirit of Fear. You are totally bound by the Spirit of Pwn-age."

You're so 1337. :-)

This like Pokemon?

"Gotta get them all!"

Or Magic the Gathering. "Dude. I totally cast a level 3 Spirit of Pride to disable both your Spirit of Lust and your Spirit of Fear. You are totally bound by the Spirit of Pwn-age."

You're so 1337. :-)

Oh, snap! Was that a My Little Pony reference?

Okay here is something that I can't explain. My husband has this piece of costume jewlery from his childhood. It is a octagon shape like four inches or so big. It has a huge chain on it, gangster style bling. On the octagon it has a rams head. Get the picture? It's in our shed because it freaks him out spiritually speaking. So I say to him, " if it freaks you out so much, then why not get rid of it?" he then says, "no, I used to play with it as a kid, it has special meaning to me." Then I say, "then let's take it in house and put it somewhere special so you can enjoy the memories of it better." "no, it stays in the shed because it freaks me out. I think it may have been used for something spiritual. " OMG you have to be kidding me! What he means is in his mind there are demons attached to this thing which he doesn't want in our house, but he can't let go of it cause he played with it when he was a kid and didn't know of it evil influence! Give me a break! It's ugly as all get out! That is what freaks me out! Get rid of it already!

Okay here is something that I can't explain. My husband has this piece of costume jewlery from his childhood. It is a octagon shape like four inches or so big. It has a huge chain on it, gangster style bling. On the octagon it has a rams head. Get the picture? It's in our shed because it freaks him out spiritually speaking. So I say to him, " if it freaks you out so much, then why not get rid of it?" he then says, "no, I used to play with it as a kid, it has special meaning to me." Then I say, "then let's take it in house and put it somewhere special so you can enjoy the memories of it better." "no, it stays in the shed because it freaks me out. I think it may have been used for something spiritual. " OMG you have to be kidding me! What he means is in his mind there are demons attached to this thing which he doesn't want in our house, but he can't let go of it cause he played with it when he was a kid and didn't know of it evil influence! Give me a break! It's ugly as all get out! That is what freaks me out! Get rid of it already!

Luv2knit - This is a big problem for a lot of us as we 'dedicated' our lives to the lord one more time - we would go through our houses and throw out anything that we thought a demon attached itself to! there is a thread about the material things we threw away to get 'clean' again.

I don't know what to tell you to do with the 'necklace'?? Maybe it's so scary - it's keeping the demons out of the shed!!

• Like 1

Luv2knit - This is a big problem for a lot of us as we 'dedicated' our lives to the lord one more time - we would go through our houses and throw out anything that we thought a demon attached itself to! there is a thread about the material things we threw away to get 'clean' again.

I don't know what to tell you to do with the 'necklace'?? Maybe it's so scary - it's keeping the demons out of the shed!!

I remember reading this one Christian site about how this kid kept on getting sick with a stuffy nose and other respiratory problems after his grandmother bought him a few plush toys. Well, the pastor attributed the kid's symptoms to demons in the stuffed animals, and he had the parents burn the toys in a bonfire and pray for the demons in them to be sent back to hell. After burning the stuffed animals, the kid started feeling better. I'm thinking "How stupid! Those were dustmites in those plush toys making the kid sick with allergies, not demons!"

• Like 4

I find it funny is that almost all parts of being a normal human being (rationalism, tiredness, loneliness, sensitivity and so on) are all said to be demonic by Christians. However, for them, having some guys rolling on the floor shouting loudly in an unintelligible language is perfectly legit.

I cannot believe that I used to believe all this either (Epic facepalm) Wendytwitch.gif

• Like 5

The onlee deemun they do not caste outte iz teh spirut of miserabulness, that mus bee teh holey spook.

A pastor and his kid driving back along a country road to their house in the countryside pass a herd of sheep.

Kid asks, "Dad are those sheep christian?"

"No" says the dad, "They are one of gods creations."

Time passes and they see cattle.

"Are those cattle christian?" asks the kid.

"No, they are just gods creation" replies the father

The come arond a corner and see horses frollicking in the meadow.

"Those horsies must be christian!" the kid announces

"Why?" asks the father

"Well, just look at their loooong faces" replies the kid

• Like 2

This like Pokemon?

"Gotta get them all!"

:grin:

Imagine if someone made a card series like that. The outcry from Christians... oh, my. Then have some angels too. Angels and demons (like the book).

What an amazing list! With this we can easily "proof" to any christian that they are possessed, according to their source: the Bible!

• Like 4

Oh man, love this thread! So hilarious! I still can't believe that I bought into that crap. I remember attending a seminar where they passed out booklets full of stupid lists like this one. When I was a teenager my family even had home church meetings where we'd pray "deliverance" for people using information like this. It's no wonder I was so tormented! I sympathize with you, Margee. For years I thought I was fighting demons that were "attached" to me.

It's so nice to be free from that shit and to laugh about it!

• Like 3

Haha, it reminds me of a list that an ex-member of my church posted on a forum ( http://forum.index.h...84253&t=9005581 ). It's a list of demons that should be prayed against, similar to the one Margee posted.

Some pretty interesting demons there:

- intellectualism

- rationalism (!!!!!!!!)

- not to be submissive (!!!!!!!!)

- loneliness

- sleepiness

- excitement

- perfection (!!!!!!!)

- dreaminess

- fantasy (!!!!!!!)

- sensitivity

- self-consciousness

Is there a human feeling or behaviour that is not a demon according to these lunatics?

Of course, the list is a lot longer, they basically see a demon in everything.

Suzy..I mean it.......I CAN"T believe I actually used to believe this stuff. Wendytwitch.gif...but I did!! We Pentacostals were always 'binding' demons!!

I was a pente too, so I believed it too. And it almost drove me crazy...

We also had a paper, it was about 2 or 3 pages which was a prayer about putting on the Spirit's armour and then waging war against demonic forces - and it had a long list of demons as well. There was a time when I told that prayer almost every day (wasting valuable time from my life), because that was what good Chrstians were supposed to do.

• Like 1

There's a demon that causes "super-strength?"

I never knew Superman was in league with Satan!

• Like 1

This like Pokemon?

"Gotta get them all!"

FrogsToadBigGrin.gif

Imagine if someone made a card series like that. The outcry from Christians... oh, my. Then have some angels too. Angels and demons (like the book).

If you marketed it as Christian, you'd make a fortune! Heavy metal isn't the only thing you can Christianize and sell back to them.

Well, as my father in-law said from the pulpit one Sunday, "Anyone who doesn't accept Christ as their savior is possessed by Satan or one of his demons."

If I am possessed, I must be hosting the most mundane demon that ever existed. This particular demon causes me to go to work for nine hours a day, hang out with my wife and kids when I get home, pay all of my bills on time, and otherwise be a responsible, productive citizen that obeys the law just about all the time. This demon even causes me to eat fairly responsibly and try to exercise regularly, of all things. And then, once I'm done with all of that, this demon forces me to sign onto internet forums, where I type (mostly) cogent thoughts in grammatically correct sentences.

Come on, why couldn't I have gotten one of the cool demons? Couldn't I have glowing red eyes, at least? I've always wanted glowing red eyes.

• Like 7

I got 'bout half them sum beeches partying in my head right now. "Play that funky music, white boy".

• Like 2

I got 'bout half them sum beeches partying in my head right now. "Play that funky music, white boy".

dancingwithdemonscover.JPG

• Like 2

Okay, that is just plain frightening!!!

• Like 2

I was a former pentecostal, too. Pentecostal was the last and most extreme part of my xtian journey.

I was forever being told I had the Spirit of Rebellion in me. Or over me. Or tempting me. I never knew exactly if this spirit was in me, over me, or just poking me. But anyway. One of the death knells for me, with Xtianity, was when this one girl in the church a couple of years ago took the whole spirit-name-calling thing to a whole new level, with "Biblical Nicknames". One girl in the church had had a kid outside of marriage, and this girl thought Rahab was a particularly suitable name for the chick with the kid. They were both standing there when she told me this, laughing her head off, and I just stared at her in horror. It still horrifies me, I just think it was such an awful thing to call someone.

• Like 2

Wow! I've got so many of these spirits that I don't know how I'm still here today!happydance.gif

• Like 1

It seems to me that all the great, cool, creative, productive things in life come from Satan, while as a Christian you are bound to be boring and bored, brainwashed, ignorant, submissive - after all the opposites of these are demons. Christians should really think about this, because this means Satan is a so much cooler guy than their God. It looks like God created us as rather lame and boring creatures, but thankfully then came Satan and spiced it up a little - with intellect, knowledge, fantasy, creativity, personality etc. All hail Satan! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 6

It seems to me that all the great, cool, creative, productive things in life come from Satan, while as a Christian you are bound to be boring and bored, brainwashed, ignorant, submissive - after all the opposites of these are demons. Christians should really think about this, because this means Satan is a so much cooler guy than their God. It looks like God created us as rather lame and boring creatures, but thankfully then came Satan and spiced it up a little - with intellect, knowledge, fantasy, creativity, personality etc. All hail Satan! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

you know suzy, I was told once that I had the 'spirits of depression' attached to me and that their main purpose was to get me to commit suicide because Satan's demons are here to 'kill and destroy!! TRUE STORY!! I was quite depressed when I was told this.

I always wondered why god call didn't call off the little fuckers, with his 'so called power' and restore me back to a normal mind.??

I wonder if, when I was a christian and somebody would have showed me this list in the opening post - if I wouldn't have caught on, how god damned stupid it is to think that this 'war-fare' battle actually, constantly goes on in the atmosphere?????

I'm not near as fucking crazy or depressed anymore, as I used to be, now that I don't believe this bullshit! woohoo.gif

• Like 1

One thing that shocked me is that they believe these spirits (aka emotions) are actually Persons! O_o So, depression in their opinion is a counscious person who wants to attack you....whatever....

• Like 1

This is a picture of a demon trying to have sex with a man....

We have to be sooooo careful of the invisable world!! woohoo.gif

parademon.jpg

• Like 1

gay-demons.jpg
  • Like 1