Goodbye Jesus

Higgs Boson: Found

BrotherJosh

I can only hope that if the physicists find these elusive particles, then they may be inclined to stop chasing particles.

It's like a dog chasing a car.

Yeah, pretty much. It's quite ingeniously retarded in my opinion. I mean, they can't be misguided, right? Because they get paid to do it.

You know? Like people have never made money doing stupid shit.

But maybe it opens up a wealth of information that launches us into an era of sustainable energy and unparallelled prosperity.

Or a black hole.

Meh.

the black holes are about the size of a proton and dont remain stable.

Higgs Boson walked into a church and the Priest yelled, 'We don't allow a Higgs Boson in here!' Higgs Boson replied, 'without me, how can you have mass?'

(Something actually funny from Facebook.)

• Like 2

I can only hope that if the physicists find these elusive particles, then they may be inclined to stop chasing particles.

Yeah, pretty much. It's quite ingeniously retarded in my opinion. I mean, they can't be misguided, right? Because they get paid to do it.

Nearly all of our modern technology is based on manipulating electrons. Most of our GDP is built on technologies and products that were unimaginable when people first started studying electrons. Manipulating the HIggs boson could lead to another technological revolution.

The HIggs is responsible for mass, thus it is also responsible for gravity. If you could produce HIggs bosons artificially you can also produce artificial gravity. If you could remove Higgs from ordinary matter it would be weightless, even on the surface of a planet. Manipulating Higgs effectively lets you manipulate space and gravity. Imagine what this would do for space travel alone. Then there are technologies we can't even imagine yet. When Ben Franklin discovered electricity, he couldn't imagine lightbulbs, cellphones, computers, internet, lasers, etc. He couldn't even imagine the need for such devices, yet they are the bulk of our economy now.

• Like 4

Nearly all of our modern technology is based on manipulating electrons. Most of our GDP is built on technologies and products that were unimaginable when people first started studying electrons. Manipulating the HIggs boson could lead to another technological revolution.

The HIggs is responsible for mass, thus it is also responsible for gravity. If you could produce HIggs bosons artificially you can also produce artificial gravity. If you could remove Higgs from ordinary matter it would be weightless, even on the surface of a planet. Manipulating Higgs effectively lets you manipulate space and gravity. Imagine what this would do for space travel alone. Then there are technologies we can't even imagine yet. When Ben Franklin discovered electricity, he couldn't imagine lightbulbs, cellphones, computers, internet, lasers, etc. He couldn't even imagine the need for such devices, yet they are the bulk of our economy now.

I've been saying it for a while now....

Back to the Future was right!!!

HOVERBOARDS AND FLYING DELOREANS BY 2015!!!!

THANK YOU BOSON!!!!

Look, I'm not saying that the potential for utlity is absent. But I do get sick and tired of particle chasing, AND particle chasers.

When are we going to begin a serious examination of the organization which adheres in natural systems? And no, I don't mean entropy.

Cool. I knew I left that little fucker somewhere.......

Look, I'm not saying that the potential for utlity is absent. But I do get sick and tired of particle chasing, AND particle chasers.

When are we going to begin a serious examination of the organization which adheres in natural systems? And no, I don't mean entropy.

Cutting edge science these days takes time and money. Simply conferming that this particle exist requires one of the most expensive, complex machines in existance. Consider it an investment in our future.

Guest Valk0010

I found this quote on twitter, and you all might find it amusing

"Gonna start calling my post-mastectomy, science-rebuilt cyberboob the "Higgs Bosom."

• Like 1

Hey Skeptical!

Great minds think alike! 3.gif

My partner Maureen (knowing that I'm a science geek) asked me why there was so much hullabaloo about the Higgs boson. (Just for the record, she's neither uninformed, nor unintelligent - she's brilliant in other areas, like Law, the Arts, languages, etc.)

Anyway, my reply to her wasn't so different from what you've outlined above.

The example I used was the Saturn V rocket we saw at Huntsville AL, some years ago. How much more efficient would it's engines be if the huge mass of it's fuel were somehow reduced using technologies based on Higgs field management? Who needs Gravitons? Wendyshrug.gif

So how about this idea?

If, as Einstein put it... "Space tells matter how to move. Matter tells space how to curve" ...then perhaps a steady, but carefully controlled, increase in the mass of a Deuterium pellet would also steadily increase the curvature of the local space-time continuum in and around it? Such an artifically deepened gravity well would have the effect of compressing whatever's inside it. Massive levels of compression (along with heat and magnetic containment) are needed to initiate and then sustain thermonuclear fusion, right?

See where I'm going? wink.png

Thanks,

BAA.

I think that the GOD particle has finally confirmed just who the One True God really is:

ipad-art-wide-higgs-boson-particle-420x0.jpg

There's really no mistaking HIM.

1357377823_ea76dffe8e.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Skeptical!

Great minds think alike! 3.gif

My partner Maureen (knowing that I'm a science geek) asked me why there was so much hullabaloo about the Higgs boson. (Just for the record, she's neither uninformed, nor unintelligent - she's brilliant in other areas, like Law, the Arts, languages, etc.)

Anyway, my reply to her wasn't so different from what you've outlined above.

The example I used was the Saturn V rocket we saw at Huntsville AL, some years ago. How much more efficient would it's engines be if the huge mass of it's fuel were somehow reduced using technologies based on Higgs field management? Who needs Gravitons? Wendyshrug.gif

So how about this idea?

If, as Einstein put it... "Space tells matter how to move. Matter tells space how to curve" ...then perhaps a steady, but carefully controlled, increase in the mass of a Deuterium pellet would also steadily increase the curvature of the local space-time continuum in and around it? Such an artifically deepened gravity well would have the effect of compressing whatever's inside it. Massive levels of compression (along with heat and magnetic containment) are needed to initiate and then sustain thermonuclear fusion, right?

See where I'm going? wink.png

Thanks,

BAA.

I see where you're going BAA. :):):)

Wait, no I don't. :(:(:(

:P

295103_10151076199862743_961672902_n.jpg

But maybe it opens up a wealth of information that launches us into an era of sustainable energy and unparallelled prosperity.

Or a black hole.

Meh.

And new super weapons.

I think that the GOD particle has finally confirmed just who the One True God really is:

Damn! That's the best post of the year!!!

He is risen!

He is risen indeed.

Yea, and that quantum mechanics sure fell through. What a dumb idea!

Are you being sarcastic here, Brother Josh?

Damn! That's the best post of the year!!!

My God, it's full of starch!

• Like 1

Extremely exciting news! :D This will mean a lot for our future! I don't think it's the god particle but more like the mortar or glue particle. Unless of course we have a more sophisticated machine to detect the the smallest and the most fundamental particles we can conceive of. Whatever this results in, the Higgs Boson is definitely not the end of this matter. Science will go on fortunately. :D

The Higgs Boson also brings into focus the very high probablity of parallel dimensions and universes. The formulas have long been worked out, they we waiting on the actual discovery of the Higgs. I highly recommend everyone read up on this, especially as ex-xians. When these formulas start shaking out, it will rock religion to the rotten roots for those who aren't brainwashed.

Those who are brainwashed will continue to make excuses, but I predict Higgs effects will include a bunch of stuff that is not kind to religion. Reality will bite the dogma.

My picture is actually a picture of the superstring theory that is a giant step closer to being solved thanks to Higgs.

Are you being sarcastic here, Brother Josh?

Hey, sorry for the late reply. Was on vacation touring some wine country! Yes, I was being sarcastic. Though I am a layman through and through I will say that from what I have learned and heard much of our difficulty in understanding QM is that it is extremely abstract mathematically and conceptually. It is one of our more verified branches of science, but it is hard to understand even for the foremost minds in physics. Still, in my opinion it is fun to read and learn about it.

• 2 weeks later...

you'll love this. In the sunday paper a xian wrote in that the because the "god particle" was found it just let use peek into another facet of gods wisdom. THen he went on to say "go ahead, find some more of god's particles". this is the mindless nonsense that gets published in our sunday paper. My wife showed the article to me like "HA! Check this out...". I ranted about how the writer was not a phycist or even a pastor for that matter and his opinion carried very little weight to people of other mindset. I then explained to her what the particle was and that "god particle" was a metaphor. WHY CANT SHE SEE THE TRUTH!!

you'll love this. In the sunday paper a xian wrote in that the because the "god particle" was found it just let use peek into another facet of gods wisdom. THen he went on to say "go ahead, find some more of god's particles". this is the mindless nonsense that gets published in our sunday paper. My wife showed the article to me like "HA! Check this out...". I ranted about how the writer was not a phycist or even a pastor for that matter and his opinion carried very little weight to people of other mindset. I then explained to her what the particle was and that "god particle" was a metaphor. WHY CANT SHE SEE THE TRUTH!!

The same reason mine can't.

Dunt want too. She likes her fuzzy wuzzy.