Goodbye Jesus

A Subversive Way To Undermine Christianity

Yalta

Those kinds of pictures are easy to make. Look up anything that looks beautiful on Google Images, put it in MS Paint (the paint program PCs come with), and add text. I think MS Paint is pretty easy to learn how to use, so it should be fairly intuitive.

Thanks. This should be fun.

Thanks. This should be fun.

I heard from my daughter that it's becoming a fad to be an atheist in high school. It's in. That's the cool thing now. You wanna be hip, don't smoke, don't do drugs, don't have sex, but become an atheist. Fascinating world we live in...

This does sort of bother me. I am glad that more people are steering clear of religion, but I'd much rather it be through critical thinking and reason than just jumping on the latest bandwagon.

Critical thinking never got me to atheism. Maybe it influenced me but I never would have reached that destination through thinking alone. The indoctrination had too much of an emotional hold on me. It took an event to break that emotional hold. I'm left with the idea that we don't directly control what we believe.

Same for me. For me critical thinking has come since becoming an atheist. It was events that got me there, to realize that either god:

1) Was a complete asshole whole picked and chose who he favored. Frankly not to be followed then.

2) Just made the universe, and then got lost (I guess this is basically deism). or

3) there is no god to begin with.

For me, no. 3 made the most since. However indoctrination is so strong, it took me a year to completely realize this (some of that time on this site, with some of my back and forth).

Jose, you need to use kittehs and puppies to really get the message over biggrin.png

Took your advice LL...

puppyverse.jpg

• Like 1

There's seriously gotta be a way we can spread this idea. Imagine if atheists everywhere were posting Bible verses that showed how fucked up the Bible is in places Christians would see, atheists who were forced to attend church bookmarked and/or highlighted fucked up Bible verses, and so on. Anyone want to spread this idea to major atheist sites or YouTube personalities? I'm not sure the best way to go about doing that.

The UUs created a a flicker account to upload all of the photos to and a group to bring the photos and quotes together. Then they created a FB page to share the images from after people put them together. It seems like a pretty good system.

You don't have to wait for someone else to do it, JUST DO IT! :)

Really, all we need to do is provide the verses in a convenient form so they can be cut out and put into your wallet or pocket. Then, every time you go to a wedding or funeral at a church with Bibles and programs in the little compartments in the pews, a library, hotel with a Bible in the nightstand...just stuff some in.

Maybe we could create some in sticker form to just stick in random places...like bathroom stalls.

Also, I think the verses should be shown in at least three translations, just to show, "Really, it means the same thing no matter how you read it."

Hmm, the multiple translations idea could be a good one.

But how do we spread this idea so it becomes popular amongst atheists? That's what we really need to do. It needs to catch on!