Goodbye Jesus

Theistic Satanism (Age Of Aquarius) Discussion (Continued)

Ouroboros

Let's hear it. What kind of belief is this really?

• Super Moderator

Since you put this in the Den, I suppose a straight answer would be appropriate.

Paranoid delusion.

I was thinking he was a troll or POE.

What got me was that "Nordics from space" thing. Satan's angels are called "nordics"... uhm... I'm a nordic... born and raised.

I was thinking he was a troll or POE.

That was my initial thought, hence my cryptic post actually spelt out "don't feed the trolls" :/

But y'know, whose to say ... ... ...

Whitest Kids You Know, "Teachers Union"... Hail Satan!

I was recently banned from the satanic 600 Club.

Gad, Christian forums, Krishna forums, Satan forums...moi must be a parody makin' stinker. 

album_1337807415.png

First of all, I am NOT buying that guy's position on Satan - most of that was way out there somewhere, where I hope I never am. To me, Satan is at best a mythological figure that represents a source of evil.

However, it struck me that he was using the portrait of what we now call Satan taken from Genesis 3. While they didn't die immediately, Satan was correct (instead of God) in saying that they wouldn't die that day. (I've heard preachers pontificate about how that God was actually correct in the end, as if we could have lived forever). Satan was also correct in saying that they would learn knowledge, which they did, while God had tried to keep them from it. So looking at that guy's position, I can understand it in a mythological sense, but certainly not the literal sense in which he had taken it to. He's sort of like a lot of Christians I know, except he's just on the other side of the fence.

First of all, some people who feel like they have been subjugated by Christianity would naturally feel an affinity and kinship with the arch-adversary depicted in the Bible.

But for people who believe that as a reality, rather than as just some philosophical "up yours!" sentiment to their former god ... wow!

If there's danger of a Christian acting out in an irrational manner because they think God told them to do something, the danger is every bit as real that a true Satan worshipper would act in a despicable manner to show his devotion to his dark master.

Taking satan literally as a figure to be worshipped would have to be every bit as reprehensible -- if not moreso -- than worshipping God.

I hope Age of Aquarias is simply trolling or getting a charge out of people's reactions. Otherwise, he's exchanged one imaginary but cruel master (cloaked in kindness and love) for another imaginary cruel master (cloaked in freedom and excitement).

If he does believe literally in a devil to be worshipped, I don't doubt that he thinks he has heard from satan. Many people who believe in God think they also hear from him, but obviously that doesn't make it so.

• Like 2

He sure acted like he really believed.  His ego was tied to the idea that his religion must be true.  He asked for acceptance after making all kinds of baseless assertions about myth.  If trolling he is a good actor.  But I think he is a real 17 year old kid trapped in a fundamentalist houshold.  Lots of teens in the same situation go gothic or fall in love with vampires or listen to Ozzy Ozborne.  Who is the new one - Madilin Manson?  There is a market for this sort of thing in the teen demographic.  Hence an online church of spiritual Satanism is asking for donations.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Where is the preceding thread?

Well...if you gotta go with one or the other... Yahweh regularly slaughters entire civilizations while Satan only killed a handful of people, and that on a dare.  Plus, he's a helluva fiddle player.

Guest Babylonian Dream

My biggest problem with his belief, is that his Satan's other name Ea/Enki, is Akkadian for Yahweh/Yah. He doesn't really seem to grasp deeply either the mythologies he's dealing with nor the concept of satanism (let alone theistic satanism). He's a reverse orthodox christian fluffybunny. I don't feel that theistic satanism as a whole can be judged on this particular guys ideas in isolation, he'd be eaten alive in the 600 club forum. I'm on there, and I've seen people like him mocked away.

IMO, there is some good pantheistic ideas for Satanism, but I'd just prefer to move beyond Christianity, rather than molding my worldview around opposing it.

So what is Satanism?  All my sources of information had the wrong bias.

Guest Babylonian Dream

So what is Satanism?  All my sources of information had the wrong bias.

Satanism is alot of things to alot of people. There is JoyofSatan, the kind this guy follows, with an emphasis on his One True Religion of Satan dogma. Luciferianism, Lucifurrianism (okay... well... maybe that's a mock up), Temple of Set, etc... Not all of them have the same views as this guy. And he didn't express his nazi level hatred of the jews like with JoS. There is also the theistic satanism that sees specific "satans" as kind of paradious gods representing civilization in the modern west. Then, since you ask about Satanism in general, there are also the atheistic satanisms that don't believe in a Satan. You have LaVeyans, you have pantheistic satanists as well as several other forms I'm sure.

Maybe your sources were all Joy of Satan type sources. How would I know?

I've only seen Christian  "Beware of the Ocult" presentations.

So what are atheistic satanisms vs. theistic satanism?

I realize most of you don't believe him but he is rational and he certainly believes it.

I'm always hearing people on the Internet stating that theistic satanists don't exist. This is blatantly false, and here is an example.

He was here to proselytise. He was very, very good at agreeing while disagreeing. As long as you are not a Christian he was fine with agreeing with you just before disagreeing.

English did not seem like his first language, did it?

Here's a link to his thread which was posted in testimonies section.

Thank you.

Let's hear it. What kind of belief is this really?

Belief? It was satanism. Double talk you say? Bull you say? You got it. It is anything you want as long as it denies Christ. satan cares not what you believe as long as you deny Christ.

Satan doesn't care about anything because Satan isn't real.

How do you know what Satan cares about? Did he tell you?

• Super Moderator

Once you agree to believe in an unseen realm of magical beings, any scenario can be imagined as it serves your agenda.

Be gone, demon of stoopid!!!!!!!!

I want to work on a sales pitch to get rid of people.  I have to have it memorized to the point where it's slick.  I was thinking along the lines of:

Pardon me sir/madam

Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior, Lucifer the Prince of Darkness?  He sets us free from the doom of an afterlife of never ending boredom. Say the prayer with me.  "Lord Satan, we give you our eternal soul that you might quench your thirst ASH NAZG DURBATULUK ASH NAZG GIMBATUL!