Goodbye Jesus

The Big Bang Never Happened?

Joshpantera

I like the focus on symbiosis. It's one of my preferred subjects too.

By relational science I intend to mean the study of natural organization using categorical language.

I will study up on this topic so that I hopefully can ask relevant questions in my next posting  :)

Forrest, you make me smile in a deep and abiding way. May life be yours and your children's.

OK, here are the questions.

By "science" you mean: " the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world......", as in Relational Science, right?

Yes, the methodical study of nature with the intent of producing models of natural systems.

By "Natural Organization" do you mean the organizations and inter-relationships of nature, or something else?

That's fairly well it I think. The concept of entailment is the central idea. Bringing inference into congruence with causality.

By "Categorical Language" are you referring to Categorical Logic via computer-programming language, or something else?   :)

I'm fairly confident that category theory has more general capabilities than can be expressed computationally.

Legion,

Thanks for that. Got it smile.png

That's truly ambitious and I have no idea how far the progression of this science has gone since it is the first time I have read about it. Do you think somehow I should include the topic in my book as being studies related to possibilities of symbiotic living? 

Nature in general, for instance, is not a good example of living (life) in harmony in my opinion -- for the most part it's simply the survival and promulgation of the fittest.

I can foresee many possible applications for such studies. Do you have any particular application goals in mind for your related studies other than "let the studies bear fruit?"  smile.png

That's truly ambitious and I have no idea how far the progression of this science has gone since it is the first time I have read about it. Do you think somehow I should include the topic in my book as being studies related to possibilities of symbiotic living? 

Nature in general, for instance, is not a good example of living (life) in harmony in my opinion -- for the most part it's simply the survival and promulgation of the fittest.

It's not progressed as far as it could have I think Forrest. There's room there for people to make names for themselves.

Robert Rosen remains my hero biologist. Doesn't mean he was perfect, just excellent (in my opinion). He said something in either Life Itself, or it might have been Essays on Life Itself (can't recall). Something like.... cooperative structures are not only selected for in nature, life would be impossible without them.

I can foresee many possible applications for such studies. Do you have any particular application goals in mind for your related studies other than "let the studies bear fruit?"  :)

In the main, I'm interested in the last. Let there be understandings. My own interests seem to have gravitated towards sociology.

It's not progressed as far as it could have I think Forrest. There's room there for people to make names for themselves.

Robert Rosen remains my hero biologist. Doesn't mean he was perfect, just excellent (in my opinion). He said something in either Life Itself, or it might have been Essays on Life Itself (can't recall). Something like.... cooperative structures are not only selected for in nature, life would be impossible without them.

In the main, I'm interested in the last. Let there be understandings. My own interests seem to have gravitated towards sociology.

Yes,  Sociology certainly would seem like a prime area for such studies/ science.  In this regard my prime interest would likely be inter cultural understandings and functional interactions such as cultural empathy and mutual understandings. With goals such as promoting understanding to reduce cultural divisions along religious lines, economic lines, promoting international understandings, etc. Cultural ideas such as Rodney King's when he said, "can't we all just get along?" :)  And I like the idea of the study of cooperative structures in the context of Category Theory smile.png