Goodbye Jesus

Why The Fuck Is Exc Becoming Like The Druge And Huffington Post?

LivingLife

I am fucking sick and tired of seeing all the political threads that have absolutely fuck all to do with ex Christians. This page used to be a safe haven for folk to find solace and support but when you click on View New Content, all you see EVERY FUCKING DAY is BO's tripe on government and what not.

There are places folk who are obsessed with politics can vent their issues and IMO this site is not the place for petty issues. I can understand ridiculing a governor or politician using religion and pulling the piss out of them but really, this shit has gone too far.

This is supposed to be a community of ExCs not a political blogosphere??????

We can ALL login to Google or fucking Yahoo and get news feeds that pique our interests if that is what gives you a hard on or a wet pussy. Why the fuck do you think we need to see it replicated here?

Unfortunately the IGNORE does not filter out these mundane posts in the search function.

Only the what do fundies say on FB and funny pics threads are worth viewing here these days.

This forum has definitely gone backwards in the last three years.

• Like 6

• Super Moderator

We can't talk religion exclusively and we don't have enough obnoxious Christians to bash all the time. Gotta talk about something!

I don't know... I kind of like reading news when BO is the reporter. He adds an amusing spin to it.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

It's not that easy to start a topic that is not only interesting, but also elicits responses. Even so, even during a forum "slump" I think most people can find something of interest around here. Certain topics appeal to a small minority while others have a more broad appeal. Things are always changing.

Start some interesting topics, people! Create some polls! Entertain us!!!

What I am really missing is the interaction with Christians who were brave enough to come here in the past.  There are not nearly as many anymore? I wonder why? Is it that the overall culture has changed in 6 years? Fewer Christians, or at least those willing to come here to post their views in the Den?

It's not that easy to start a topic that is not only interesting, but also elicits responses. Even so, even during a forum "slump" I think most people can find something of interest around here. Certain topics appeal to a small minority while others have a more broad appeal. Things are always changing.

I think the main problem is the Lion's Den has been pretty quiet. The lions don't have visitors coming in to convert them to tear apart so they're biting each other or going elsewhere to find prey and go back to tell the other lions about the prey they found, outside of the den. That place used to be a circus!

What I am really missing is the interaction with Christians who were brave enough to come here in the past.  There are not nearly as many anymore? I wonder why? Is it that the overall culture has changed in 6 years? Fewer Christians, or at least those willing to come here to post their views in the Den?

All we've got is Heavenese these days. OC and Thumby have left us all on our lonesome. Maybe the reason there are not as many brave Christians coming is because most of them have deconverted and come as nonbelievers and the few that remain have given up on us as a lost cause.

Meh, i don't see anything wrong with it, just post the topics in the proper forum sections.

don't read em if you don't want to no one is putting a gun to your head. Sometimes people don't want to talk to Christians about these things as they just get the same old xtian BS like its part of gods plan. This site is for Ex-Xtians it doesn't mean we have to talk about religion although I think there is a proper section for these things

• Like 1

People tend to thirst for debate.  If the xtians aren't coming for us to debate, we debate about other things.  Honestly, I just haven't been paying attention to the stuff BO posts.

• Like 1

Ultimately it's up to Dave and the Mods.  But I'm of the opinion that if you don't like it, don't click it.  It's pretty simple.

• Like 2

So it's okay to start as many new threads as you want?  No limit?

Ultimately it's up to Dave and the Mods.  But I'm of the opinion that if you don't like it, don't click it.  It's pretty simple.

Damn it Rank...we gotta quit agreeing like this...people might think we are really friendly or something....smile.png

I fully support your right to express your retarded views.  yellow.gif

Well, this is all very touching.

Worst forum fight ever.

• Super Moderator

Well, LL, I started a topic on food fads. What would you like to discuss? Everybody is welcome to throw out topics and see if they stick. Don't be discouraged that every thread won't be popular. There are a lot of different tastes and interests around here.

Well, the forum may have acquired a reputation with Christians as a place to avoid, being beyond redemption.

I think the site would be well served to have set up a section where specific Bible apologetics, by issue, are dealt with.

There is a treasure trove of counter-apologetics buried in hundreds of threads that are scattered around in various places.

One can always use the search function but that can be tedious for visitors.

There's a double edged sword involved with not having Christians around.

When they show up and repeat the same arguments over and over again, filling up page after page with the standard rationalizations, people wish they would leave.

It seems many people want some Christians around but only until they become annoying.

There have been many "preachers" that have passed through...Rayskidude, Thumbelina, LNC, OC, and others.

Frankly, I don't miss them at all.

I suspect there are lurkers that follow the apologetics and the refutations provided by this forum.

I think that's the most valuable service we can provide.

Evangelical Christianity in particular is a machine and there are not all that many internet resources that deal with it in the type of detail that can be found here.

Christians that want to pump apologetics will get all they can handle here, and then some.

We're not the low hanging fruit they love to harvest.

• Like 6

Worst forum fight ever.

I think the circumcision threads still hold that honor. 

Guest Babylonian Dream

You're not going to like every post nor kind of post on this forum. I certainly don't. Then again, if it doesn't interest me, I don't bother with it. For every thread I actually at least open and read, there are like 15 I just ignore and never bother with. I don't mind them existing, they're interesting to others, and in some cases, suprisingly to me very popular. To each their own.

• Like 1

Well, the forum may have acquired a reputation with Christians as a place to avoid, being beyond redemption.

We're not the low hanging fruit they love to harvest.

I feel a strange sense of pride in those statements.

• Like 1

don't read em if you don't want to no one is putting a gun to your head. Sometimes people don't want to talk to ChrIstians about these things as they just get the same old xtian BS like its part of gods plan. This site is for Ex-Xtians it doesn't mean we have to talk about religion although I think there is a proper section for these things

I agree. I like to see nonbelievers opinions on various issues. We know they don't like religion but how does that affect their political views or stance on social issues. I don't always come in to those discussions but I enjoy when it's a legitimate discussion.

I'm always scared I'm going to create the stupidest topic ever! I will try to start up some new topics, though. Maybe some polls.  Things seems pretty cool around here to me but I'm still relatively new and don't know what the forum was like a couple years ago. 

I don't understand this complaint now, maybe a few years ago I would agree. I am not complaining now but this was a bigger issue a few years ago (much bigger). The totally off topic was literally almost like a right wing RSS feed (like 20 political threads posted within minutes of each other), the political threads believe it or not have toned down dramatically on both sides over the past few years.

Living life....first thing I want to do is give you a big hug. I hope you are doing well my friend. I know you've been through a very hard time. My thoughts have been with you.

I understand your opening comments. This used to bother me as well. I am not a debater, so the political threads do not interest me, however one thing that they have done for me in the last  couple of years is to show me more and more that leaving the belief in the Christian god was the right thing to do. When I read a little on the political threads, it just shows me more and more what a fucked up world we live in.

I have found that people come and go on EX-c. I am one of them now. But it is still my 'home' group. It's the group that I come back to visit every few days just to see what's going on! Lol I still love to sit here and read. I still want to learn more and more. I do find that there is always at least a couple of threads that are always very interesting. It's always good to see the old members come back - the ones that were here when I joined the board. (You were one of them!)  

Yes, as nuts as I go when reading politics, I still love this ole' forum. There's just something nice about EX-c. Sometimes I get the biggest kick out of the guys debating. People love politics as much as debating religion.

The board is like a soap opera with many characters.....come back the next day and something interesting is bound to be going on! Lol

I am always so grateful to the people who helped me in my deconversion....YOU are one of them!!

Hug for you today!!

It is hard sometimes to sort through and find the atheist perspective I am looking for on various topics. I just tried to start a conversation that you guys might enjoy, but I'm afraid it might get lost in Critics Corner where I responded to the Man of Steel thread. I'm looking for an atheist perspective on the moral concepts and atheistic themes presented in the movie. (I thought the movie was terrible otherwise, but I digress.)

So if you're looking for something off-topic but still sort of on-topic, please join me there.

My teaser: Direct reference to Brave New World. Obvious parallel to Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. The priest's response (no prayer; trust your gut). Evolution versus morality (evolution always wins). God did not make you this way, you're an alien. The expression "godspeed" really means... go, humans!

Off-topic is always fun when I find some nuggets of Ex-C perspective. No complaints so far.

If you want xians on here ill bring you xians, how do you feel about street preachers. I might be able to get Ruben Israel on here. If you dont know, he is the guy who took a rotting pigs head to the deerborn muslim festival last year. He then sued the city because the cops wouldnt protect him when the muslims started throwing bottles and rocks at him and his people.