Goodbye Jesus

Brother Kirk Is At It Again

par4dcourse

I currently work with a religous asshole. Just him and I in a loft staging electronics for deployment.

I swear if I hear one more praise jesus when he gets a router done right I will hit him with it.

He can't stop preaching can't stfu ever about it. I could do the right thing the thing I deserver since he won't listen to me and go to our boss. Problem is our boss believes in god too. If I say anything I will be labeled as persecuting him and take hell for it. Maybe get fired. So exactlty who is being perscuted here? He surely isn't since he gets to fucking preach everyday to someone that will never agree with him ever for any reason short of god himself coming here and staging this shit with me.

I feel perscuted for not being able to tell him I don't agree and have him stop respectfully stop. That is not going to happen and I get to suffer his opinions never being allowed to voice my own without him acting all crazy over it. I feel persecuted because I am the minority in my belief and no one gives a fucking shit. My opinion mine as well not even exist here and if I could get this much money someplace else this very moment I would tell him his god is a dick and leave.

I can see how that would get old really fast.

If the guy isn't a jerk, you could try joking with him about it. 

Next time he's all, "Praise Jesus this router's finally hooked up!" You could try, "Huh, I didn't even see Jesus slip in here and help you with that. He must be pretty stealthy. Shouldn't he be out healing sick people right now or something?" 

Now that I'm picturing it, I can imagine you both annoying each other in an exclamatory showdown: Every time something goes right, he can praise Jesus; every time something goes wrong, you can curse Jesus. Then you can call it even. 

I can see it now, a tool goes missing, and you say, "Where the f*** did Jesus put my wrench?! F*ing Jesus." 

Sorry. I know it's not funny. 

Or maybe when you get one right, you can declare "All hail Joe Pesci!" or "Satan be praised!"  (Depending on how much you want to irritate the guy...)

Who knows, maybe he'd get the point and cut that shit out.

Next time your buddy praises "jesus" just ask "who?"  Tell him you hear him talking about this "jesus" all the time but have no idea why.  Let him give you the whole speech about who he is and how wonderful he is.  Be sure he tells you all about the magical dying for your sins and coming back to death and flying up to heaven.  And when he's all done just tell him "Wow.  That sounds really stupid.  No thanks."

mwc

• Like 3

Another fun way to irritate Christians is to insist that Jesus is named 'Joshua'. Refuse to accept the name Jesus at all costs without ever explaining why. Whenever they mention Jesus act confused and the correct them. "Huh? Who the fuck is Jesus? Wait, what? You mean Joshua?" Call him Josh, praise Joshua for anything that goes well, Josh damn things, exclaim 'Joshua Christ' when surprised, and always insist on Joshua no matter what. Act like you have no idea who 'Jesus' is and that the very idea of calling the 'Son of God' anything but Joshua is stupid. Again, never go into detail about why. If they ask why you think that his name is Joshua, just say something like 'Because it's Joshua'. Always insist and ignore any evidence they present. If they show you the Bible insist that it's the book that is in error.

The best part is that you'll be right. Yeshua = Joshua, not Jesus. Jesus is just a bad Greek translation that has bastardized Josh's name over time.

This can lead to many hours of frustration for the unfortunate target and entertainment for the non-christan.

• Like 4

seriously let me reiterate. You must actually believe a thing is there before you can "rebel" against it.

No need to tell me that. I agree 100%. That's why my first post in this thread said that Kirk's own argument undermines his claim that he had been an atheist. He mischaracterizes atheists so badly that (unless he's intentionally lying for ulterior motives) it indicates that he so thoroughly misunderstands atheists that he couldn't possibly have been one.

seriously let me reiterate. You must actually believe a thing is there before you can "rebel" against it.

No need to tell me that. I agree 100%. That's why my first post in this thread said that Kirk's own argument undermines his claim that he had been an atheist. He mischaracterizes atheists so badly that (unless he's intentionally lying for ulterior motives) it indicates that he so thoroughly misunderstands atheists that he couldn't possibly have been one.

Do you doubt he is a pathelogical liar? No one with a shred of logic in them that can reason and use rhetoric to debate would believe things that can not and never could prove, fall victim to snake oil style miracle bullshit, or have the look in his eye that he does. He is either a liar or should be hospitalized.

He probably feels that since atheists are currently still the minority view that he must be right based on numbers. How many of those so-called christians do you think actually believe or just play sunday fun day christians?

• Like 1

Do you doubt he is a pathelogical liar? No one with a shred of logic in them that can reason and use rhetoric to debate would believe things that can not and never could prove, fall victim to snake oil style miracle bullshit, or have the look in his eye that he does. He is either a liar or should be hospitalized.

He probably feels that since atheists are currently still the minority view that he must be right based on numbers. How many of those so-called christians do you think actually believe or just play sunday fun day christians?

I don't presume to know, but of course it's entirely possible, as I have stated. I am convinced that people like Benny Hinn don't really believe the shit they preach, but I haven't watched very much of Kirk's stuff, so I can't say for sure about him. He may very well be a just as much of a liar.

I do also wonder how many "Christians" really believe and how many just go to church because it's what's expected. Unfortunately, I was one of the Christians who really did believe. I was thoroughly brainwashed, so I know that "true believers" do exist.

I think Kirk is being honest about what he believes in- and I don't think this is a matter of intelligence- because I've been to this place he's at.  I see that pained/confused look in his eyes and what I think is that he is still in this place where he is in a conflict with himself.  Because I went through a long process of being in a conflict with myself where I had been taught to believe certain things about god and about life that turned out not to be true.  For instance I had been taught that god doesn't give us more pain than we can bear.  That god is all knowing.  That god never breaks a promise.  That even when god lets helpless animals be tortured he is still "good."  That bible is infallible.  At a certain point you come to an emotional breakdown when life doesn't match up to all the "truths" you were taught. 

• Like 1

I saw an ad on tv last night for Liberty University, with Brother Kirk as the spokesperson. At one point he was scripted to say, "... parents can rest assured that their students..." But he put a break between "rest" and "assured", sounding like: "...parents can rest, assured that their students..." It's a minor point, perhaps, and I might be splitting hairs, but I instantly thought, what a dope! "Rest assured" is meant to be one phrase, not broken up like that. Does he not know the English language?

Yeah, it's minor, but it showed a lack of intelligence in my opinion.

• Like 6

I loved this so much. I wish I could add more rep points to the post.

I don't even want to watch the video...care to transcribe?

Kirk Cameran:  Bark!  Bark!  Bark!  Bark!  Bark!  Arf!  Arf!  Arf!  *howl*  Bark!  Bark!   Bark! *howl*  *snif*  *snif*  *whimper*  *pant*  Arf!

yelrotflmao.gifrotfl.gifGONZ9729CustomImage1541245.gif