Goodbye Jesus

Written Evidence For The Exodus

Guest SteveBennett

Guest SteveBennett

In other words, my understanding of the Lion's Den was that it is un-moderated, and so their permissions to allow me to speak, so long as I stay on point, would not be taken away.

If my understanding of this is inaccurate, I would need some clarification from a moderator.

Just for clarification

Because – Bible!  is not an answer.  

No place here is unmoderated… the Lion's Den just has less strict rules - it's the place we are allowed a bit more leeway to chew apart bullshit.

But trust me, our guests get WAY more freedom than in any christian forums… we are nice people!

The Lion's Den
Lion's Den Rules Attention "True Christians™" and former Christians. 

This is the section of the board where Christian opinions, arguments, sermons and so on will be more-or-less tolerated. Aggressive evangelism is permitted in this section, but aggressive evangelists should be ready to be met by equally aggressive resistance. 

An occasionally heated response is allowed and sometimes even encouraged. However, all posters to the Lion's Den are still expected to adhere the general rules of decorum as delineated in the 
Forum Guidelines. In other words, conversations in the Lion's Den are intended to be permissively unrestrained without devolving into repetitious verbal abuse. Those who are identified as repeatedly abusive -- in this section or any section of this website -- may be suspended or banned from posting without notice. 

Note: In view of the fiery nature of the discussions which occur in the Lion's Den, only those with a fairly thick skin should participate. 

For more orderly and serious debate, go to the 
"Colosseum." 

For controlled formal debate, go to the 
"Arena."

"This forum led by Antlermanflorduh"

No, the mods are ALWAYS watching - kind of like god.  biggrin.png

Guest SteveBennett

address my points.. 

Raven,

Respectfully, the only thing I promised to address is one fact at a time-- and then allow people to record the facts that no one disputes-- and then allow people to consider how those facts may speak for themselves.

Totally false!

Well.  To clarify, I am perfectly willing to concede that moderators may silence me at any time-- which is why I require their permission.

But my promise is to continue with this approach-- pending my permissions are taken away.

Looking through all of the comments for this post http://www.ex-christ...-did-you-know/ 

I quickly realized a bit more organization would be needed in order to respond to all of the (many valid) points that were being raised.

So, in this forum, I would ask for your permission to address one single fact at a time in dealing with the body of evidence for the Exodus. I feel this is necessary, because there are many facts that require (in and of themselves) sincere consideration.  And (with the moderator's permission), I will frequently update this post one fact at a time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve,

You looked thru the comments of other members, not the Mods.

You chose to respond to all of the many valid points of the members, not the Mods.

You asked permission of the members (not the Mods) to address one single fact at a time.

Only after these three steps did you ask for the Moderators permission to frequently update.

Well.  To clarify, I am perfectly willing to concede that moderators may silence me at any time-- which is why I require their permission.

But my promise is to continue with this approach-- pending my permissions are taken away.

That was not your promise!

Stop lying!

In other words, my understanding of the Lion's Den was that it is un-moderated, and so their permissions to allow me to speak, so long as I stay on point, would not be taken away.

If my understanding of this is inaccurate, I would need some clarification from a moderator.

We're all equals here Steve, so it's not your place to dictate who can give you clarification and who can't.

play the victim card?

play the i followed the rules card in the lions den?

play the freedom of speech card?

steve,,,, understand where the primary source of ex-christian.net is....web dave and his minions, aka moderators

Need I remind you that you are one strike from the banhammer?

Joseph as a parable.. don't want to be accused of not being thorough:

http://bahai-library.com/stokes_joseph_five_religions

http://kernz.org/bm/johnodhner/TheInnerMeaning.html

We Lions have a saying about the Den, Steve.

"Our playground.  Our rules."

If you can't or won't shape up (i.e., proceed by common agreement)... then ship out or you'll get shipped out!

Sooo.. take my rebuttal one point at a time. I don't see the problem.

@SteveBennett:

In order to take your point one step at a time, a valid response may also include points to examine, otherwise your points can't be examined fully.

So in order to examine your point you also must examine the subpoints raised by members here otherwise your line of enquiry is faulty.

No place here is unmoderated… the Lion's Den just has less strict rules - it's the place we are allowed a bit more leeway to chew apart bullshit.

But trust me, our guests get WAY more freedom than in any christian forums… we are nice people!

The Lion's Den
Lion's Den Rules Attention "True Christians™" and former Christians. 

This is the section of the board where Christian opinions, arguments, sermons and so on will be more-or-less tolerated. Aggressive evangelism is permitted in this section, but aggressive evangelists should be ready to be met by equally aggressive resistance. 

An occasionally heated response is allowed and sometimes even encouraged. However, all posters to the Lion's Den are still expected to adhere the general rules of decorum as delineated in the 

Forum Guidelines. In other words, conversations in the Lion's Den are intended to be permissively unrestrained without devolving into repetitious verbal abuse. Those who are identified as repeatedly abusive -- in this section or any section of this website -- may be suspended or banned from posting without notice. 

Note: In view of the fiery nature of the discussions which occur in the Lion's Den, only those with a fairly thick skin should participate. 

For more orderly and serious debate, go to the 

"Colosseum." 

For controlled formal debate, go to the 

"Arena."

"This forum led by Antlermanflorduh"

No, the mods are ALWAYS watching - kind of like god.  biggrin.png

Just for clarification

Can we talk up in chat or on skype?

No.

Do it here or not at all.

• Like 1

Sooo.. take my rebuttal one point at a time. I don't see the problem.

Yes, he will find a problem sweetheart. You cannot or will not ever convince these type of people of anything but their own observations. These type of people have to be right. They close their eyes to any other suggestions and see only what they want to see.

You and many other historians on this site are a fantastic contribution.... members that take the time and put so much energy into your highly intelligent responses. I appreciate the work you all do that helps me so much and all the others on Ex-c. I just wanted to say thank you to all of you wonderful, intelligent people here on Ex-c for the history you are teaching me. I appreciate you all so much.

Margee

Counterquestion.

Why is it that a godless atheist has to fight to keep a (so-called) truth-loving Christian, honest?

• Like 3

If you wish a moderated formal debate that would be the place to do it.. beware, the rules are very strict there. Talk to Antlerman about a formal debate.

Margee!

kiss.gif   beer.gif

• Like 1

Guest SteveBennett

If you wish a moderated formal debate that would be the place to do it.. beware, the rules are very strict there. Talk to Antlerman about a formal debate.

Well.  I would very much like everyone to be able to add their research.

LOL… okay then.

I have read all the information on this thread and I have to say Steve that you have provided very little. Raven and Kris and Ficino have provided a plethora of information and you have provided nothing in response. I am not fully educated in the realm of scientific archaeology and ancient history, however, I can plainly see that you have failed to provide any semblance or actual verifiable resistance to any of the information presented to you. It sure looks to me like you are simply a one trick pony and that trick failed, so you are left with nothing. I know that there are likely things you could at least present to provide a thought provoking discussion. I understand that there can be competing theories and other interpretations in regards to this discussion. I believe that Ravenstar has more than adequately provided information to back up her theory and reasons why she has come to the conclusions she has. But you have not provided any type of legitimate resistance that she could actually study and either debunk or at least give some validity to. The onus is on you Steve to provide something. I would like to see it. I would like to see someone actually provide a worthwhile challenge to Raven and Kris and Ficino. The learning would be incredible.

Ravenstar- Thanks again for your detailed posts and your research. You have rocked my world!

• Like 2