Goodbye Jesus

Written Evidence For The Exodus

Guest SteveBennett

Guest SteveBennett

Okie dokie.  So we'll let sleeping dogs lie.

If people want to go through and pull out just the facts that nobody disputes, then they can.  If they do not want to, then they do not have to.

I'd love to see this discussion go off to the Arena. SteveBennett might get an enforced opportunity to see what real debate entails and be put in a position where he has to actually answer points others make.

Though I agree with Storm that there's lots to be learned from the posts of Ravenstar, ficino, Kris, BAA, and others, there's nothing at all to be learned from SteveBennett's repetitious blather. If he's not going to be banned (yet), it would at least be nice to see him focusing on a region of the boards where he'd be dealing mainly with those few who are interested in trying to penetrate his impenetrable rhetoric. (For which I applaud them, but ...)

Okie dokie.  So we'll let sleeping dogs lie.

If people want to go through and pull out just the facts that nobody disputes, then they can.  If they do not want to, then they do not have to.

We will be watching what happens in this thread, Steve.

What facts? Sorry…. I'm seriously confused.

NO.. Steve, I don't need to debate with my colleagues, if they saw flaws they would have pointed them out already. I would expect and appreciate being corrected by them, that is how we learn from each other here.

YOU started this, it's up to YOU to respond to it.

YOU pull out the 'facts'.

Sheesh - like talking to a wall.

I think Florduh is right, about your alphabetical pantry, control freak much?

• Like 1

NO.. Steve, I don't need to debate with my colleagues, if they saw flaws they would have pointed them out already. I would expect and appreciate being corrected by them, that is how we learn from each other here.

Margee's got it right, R.

These people have to be right.

• Like 1

I know, but I try to reman optimistic.  :D

Steve wants to play school teacher---but the truth is, he is the one who has been schooled.

• Like 1

Well it seems to me that Steve's approach to processing this information is not quite as iron clad as he had been led to believe before coming here.

Disseminating information and debating issues of this size requires a high level of skill and aptitude. Your working memory needs to be able to hold a shit load of information (well my theory is that it's more down to how the brain makes use of uncommitted memory that usually is only processed during sleep), which allows you to see holes immediately.

Any gaps in your unconscious processing that are not identified by your subconscious will result in logical flaws that you are just unaware of, which isn't a problem in itself, but when others point it out to you you don't seem to respond accordingly.

If you would like to learn how to make a real logical line of enquiry you can. These guys here are pretty much schooling you for FREE.

Steve wants to play school teacher---but the truth is, he is the one who has been schooled.

So funny you write that, as it's pretty much my thoughts ;)

• Super Moderator
I do, of course, see a myriad of alternative interpretations of the facts.  Most of them are very reasonable hypotheses only if one doesn't take Genesis 37-Exodus 1 seriously...

Steve, can't you see how you have to force everything to fit your unfounded assumption that the Bible MUST be valid and historically correct? This is even in light of the fact that the Bible has been shown to historically INCORRECT on many occasions. The Bible is demonstrably not an historical document. 

I take this as an admission that you have no other arguments other than, "The Bible Says So." In pages and pages of cud chewing you have brought nothing else to the discussion. It's pointless; we are never going to accept the Bible as an authoritative source due to its glaring errors, and you are never going to accept any fact that conflicts with your faith in the Bible's accuracy.

Any point raised here will essentially be answered with, "but the Bible says..." or, "that can't be right because the Bible...." so there can be no reason to raise additional points that rely on what the book says. We already know what the book says, and we also know that reality tells a different tale. 

History and archaeology simply do not support any historic value being attributed to the Bible, yet you wish to use that book as the authoritative source with which everything else must align. Reality doesn't work that way, and neither does this forum.

I suggest wrapping up previously raised issues with some argument or evidence that doesn't rely on faith in the scant knowledge possessed by ancient desert tribes. We shall have fun with this until everyone tires of it, okay?

Margee's got it right, R.

These people have to be right.

I had many friends like this. They are not allowed in my life anymore.

They are not bad people of course... ya' just get tired of the 'know-it-all's' after a while. You let us know when you get tired!!

The Bible is demonstrably not an historical document. 

I believe that the story of 'little Red riding Hood' is the complete truth about life. Who wants to take me on? yellow.gif

I believe that the story of 'little Red riding Hood' is the complete truth about life. Who wants to take me on? yellow.gif

Margee -- I'm 100% sure you're right. And I know this from undeniable PRIMARY SOURCES. I have personally SEEN:

1. Girls

2. Girls wearing red hoods

3. Wolves

4. Grandmothers

5. Woods

6. Woodsmen

7. Hatchets and axes

Therefore the story is OBVIOUSLY true and any person who studied the matter according to my PROPER method would acknowlege that.

The rest -- about the wolf dressing in Grandma's clothing and such -- is mere detail. We've already established the basic, undeniable truth of the source and its narrative.

• Like 3

Plus we have;

Whose afraid of the big bad wolf (wrong story but same shithead.)

• Like 1

Plus we have;

Whose afraid of the big bad wolf (wrong story but same shithead.)

There you  have it! Confirmation of Margee's hypothesis from not one, but TWO primary sources!

• Like 2

Scroll Mouse warz

Phrase;

The act of a rationalist having an on-line discussion with a fundie. Whoever's mouse's scroll-wheel packs up first, loses the debate...

• Like 3

Margee -- I'm 100% sure you're right. And I know this from undeniable PRIMARY SOURCES. I have personally SEEN:

1. Girls

2. Girls wearing red hoods

3. Wolves

4. Grandmothers

5. Woods

6. Woodsmen

7. Hatchets and axes

And this is a true picture of Little Red Riding hood when she stripped off her cape and The Loard parted the Red sea for her to escape from the big bad wolf.....Wendytwitch.gif woohoo.gif

redsea.jpg

God is sooooo good, he'll part the Red sea for anyone who needs to escape from the bad guys.......

splitting_the_red_sea2.jpg

Margee, thank you! It's a MIRACLE!!! Despite the fact that we're all infamous doubters here, you've PROVED SteveBennett's point.

God DID part the Red Sea. Moses' people DID go through it, and you've provided indisputable evidence of that fact.

I hope Steve DEEPLY appreciates all you've done to show how very right he is!

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Margee, BAA, Ravenstar, MerryG, Kris, and Florduh: every single one of you rock!  You have each made your place in my new pantheon of gods and goddesses.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Thanks, Professor, for including me in such stellar company. You are no slacker yourself!

Margee, thank you! It's a MIRACLE!!! Despite the fact that we're all infamous doubters here, you've PROVED SteveBennett's point.

God DID part the Red Sea. Moses' people DID go through it, and you've provided indisputable evidence of that fact.

I hope Steve DEEPLY appreciates all you've done to show how very right he is!

I think it's disgusting that you didn't believe this story! PageofCupsNono.gif

God told me that I myself could part the red sea if I truly believed!!! ....when I gave up all my sinning that is.....glare.gif

I once moved a mountain though!! yellow.gif

mountain_mover.jpg

Margee, BAA, Ravenstar, MerryG, Kris, and Florduh: every single one of you rock!  You have each made your place in my new pantheon of gods and goddesses.

Well, thank you so much, Prof. That's very, very nice of you.

However, I fear that now means I have an obligtion to prove I don't exist. Wendytwitch.gif

And I'd hate to try to prove the others don't exist because they're so damn awesome.

Come to think of it, you might also be one of my Ex-C gods. So does that mean that you d ...

No. No, let's not go there.

Thanks, Professor, for including me in such stellar company. You are no slacker yourself!

I second that...... It is so good to have you on this board!!! You guys are all amazing!!

This is our 'club'!!! woohoo.gif  We will not be defeated!!!!

Well, thank you so much, Prof. That's very, very nice of you.

However, I fear that now means I have an obligtion to prove I don't exist. Wendytwitch.gif

And I'd hate to try to prove the others don't exist because they're so damn awesome.

Come to think of it, you might also be one of my Ex-C gods. So does that mean that you d ...

No. No, let's not go there.

Well MerryG does not exist, and neither does falemon.

We are all figments of your imagination. WAKE UP, wake up ... wake up and smell the coffee.

Yes you, I'm talking to YOUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Like 1