Goodbye Jesus

A Science Question For Any Willing Christians.

bornagainathiest

Q.

What is the total amount of energy in the universe?

The question is meaningless.

An infinite amount of energy.

The same amount of energy that went into the Big Bang.

Enough energy to initiate Cosmic Inflation.

Zero - no energy at all.

Please indicate which option you think is the answer and also, please say why. 

Or, if you think the true (scientific, not scriptural) answer is something else, please say what this is.

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A note to any non-Christians reading this.

Ok, I can't stop you answering this if you really want to.

However, I'd politely request that the Christians here be given a decent chance to respond. 

Shall we say, ten (10) days? 

So, once Tuesday 25th comes round, this question ceases to be something exclusively for the Christians and is then open to anyone and everyone.

Thank you for your cooperation.

BAA.

• Like 1

Actually, you can make the due date 20 years from now and you'll still get no replies from any of them. Or, if you do, they'll being totally nonsensical and meaningless. But you already knew that didn't you, you devil you... LOL

• Like 1

sigh.. okay.. I'll give it 10 days, but after that I'm answering!  :D

Now, now... Raoul. 

;)

According to quantum theory, if you wait long enough, anything that can happen... will happen.

If it can't happen.... ?  Wendyshrug.gif

Oh some may well respond. If they have memorized cookie cutter nonsensical babble for it. :fdevil:

(But hey, who knows? Surprise us you morontheists out there! Show us something we haven't ever seen - a new answer!)

I don't have the energy to answer, anyway. Have at it Christians!

There there, there there - that's what your 'now now' reminds me of. It was a line from the Simpson's where Bart was dreaming about being executed for something (I forget what). The worthless pastor was standing beside him repeating over and over 'there there, there there'... LOL

No I won't say anything but you ought to remember it was YOU who told me the answer when you were nice enough to write a rather extensive thing to me about the Higgs Particle after I requested info about it. I think it was you anyway...

there there...there there... LOL

I was more fascinated by Ravenstar's quote below her comment about once we find out the actual intent of the universe, it will disappear which means w....e....

will...........................d.................I...........sapp.............ear..............as well.............???................

(where am I? What just happened?.......................oh no, there really isn't anything here except................the universe??)

• Like 1

Sorry Raoul!  sad.png

My question isn't a 'why?'...about the universe's meaning or intent. 

It's a 'how much?'  So I can't help either you or Ravenstar there.

Or is that... there, there, there...?  wink.png

Y'know, I'd better do the decent thing and define what I mean by the words, 'energy' and 'universe'

Otherwise somebody might just accuse me of asking a trick question.

Here we are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forms_of_energy  So that's all sixteen (16) forms of energy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe

"The universe is commonly defined as the totality of existence, including planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, the smallest subatomic particles, and all matter and energy."

That should do it.

Thanks,

BAA

Not an answer...just an observation. Ω = 1

wink.png

Here's another!

ΛCDM

;)

It's going to be a long ten days with my hand up  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 2

I'm sure you can build yourself a wooden support for that hand... smile.png

• Like 1

Exodus 17: 8 - 13, NIV.

The Amalekites came and attacked the Israelites at Rephidim.

Moses said to Joshua, “Choose some of our men and go out to fight the Amalekites. Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with the staff of God in my hands.”

10 So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill.

11 As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning.

12 When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset.

13 So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword.

It's ok Ravenstar.

The God of Israel needed two human beings to hold up the arms of Moses, to ensure that Joshua would overcome the Amalekites.

So if you want to get a friend to support your arm for the duration,  nobody'll be any the wiser.

wink.png

BAA

1.21 gigawatts! No, wait. That's only enough to get a Delorean to create a temporal distortion. :-)

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

V=W x A with a given power factor of 1.

...I can't resist...

...to learn all about "energy of the universe" that there is to learn I recommend contacting the Lord Heptamer and the rest of the Hexameron. They know it all. :)

(That's antagonists from the Perry Rhodan universe... enormously powerful paladins of order turned evil and manipulating the natural laws of their universe to make it collapse in a big crunch as quickly as possible)

Okay okay, I'm out again... :P

How the f**k did you go from a science question to quoting the bible? ROFL You folks never change. Maybe that's why  I can't ever leave this freaking place (nor do I want to anyway)... LOL

How the f**k did you go from a science question to quoting the bible? ROFL You folks never change. Maybe that's why  I can't ever leave this freaking place (nor do I want to anyway)... LOL

Just trying to make a funny about poor Ravenstar's elevated arm.

I know, I know - I was just being a smart ass, okay?

There there, there there  lol

Seriously, is the deadline over for the answer or what?

There's just as much energy as Lord Jebus wants there to be!

Deleted.

Q.

What is the total amount of energy in the universe?

The question is meaningless.

An infinite amount of energy.

The same amount of energy that went into the Big Bang.

Enough energy to initiate Cosmic Inflation.

Zero - no energy at all.

Please indicate which option you think is the answer and also, please say why. 

Or, if you think the true (scientific, not scriptural) answer is something else, please say what this is.

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A note to any non-Christians reading this.

Ok, I can't stop you answering this if you really want to.

However, I'd politely request that the Christians here be given a decent chance to respond. 

Shall we say, ten (10) days? 

So, once Tuesday 25th comes round, this question ceases to be something exclusively for the Christians and is then open to anyone and everyone.

Thank you for your cooperation.

BAA.

How does my ability to answer this question relate to my faith?

You mean you don't understand about the origin of the universe, Ironhorse?