Goodbye Jesus

Jose

Our old board friend, and my high school best friend, Foxy Methoxy (Benjamin M. Wright), committed suicide late Saturday night/ early Sunday morning.

He struggled with depression his whole life and it finally got the better of him this weekend. 

He had recently completed his degree, gotten engaged, and had a new job that he loved, so it doesn't make sense from the outside, but those of you who knew him knew about his darker side and it seems that it finally got to be too much for him despite his life seeming to finally be on track.

If you never got a chance to speak with him while he was on the board, take a look at his old posts. He had a lot of things to say and he said them very well.

The world is dimmer for his absence.

Jose Valdes

• Like 6

oh fuck,,, i am sorry jose,,,,

• Like 1

Oh man......

Wow........

So sorry Jose.

I loved 'The Fox' (as I used to call him)....he was always on the board when I joined. We had a lot of fun.

So frigging sad....

Big *hug* for you

Sucks

I missed him when he left.  I wish he had stayed.  I wish he had come back.  Just sucks.

• Like 2

I'm so sorry. That is terrible!! :(

• Like 1

In memory of 'The Fox' taken from community pictures, Page 1.....

Hope you are at peace my dear friend......

post-896-0-41649900-1298345470_thumb.jpg

Oh, man. I always liked him, and have missed him since he stopped posting here. I'm also very sorry for your loss, Jose.

• Like 2

I remember one thread that he got going and a gang of us never had so much fun. He wanted to decorate his bedroom in a 'deco' style and he was asking for suggestions. Me and florduh had a ball sending him pictures.....remember that florduh? It was hilarious.....

Oh my gawd.....I'm really sad.

another hug Jose... a big one.

We had a falling out in 2008, mostly due to that dark side of his. I have very few regrets, but today I added another one - that I didn't try to reconcile with him sooner.

Cheers, Ben.

ben.JPG

In Memory of our friend.........page 5 community pictures......

post-896-0-51355200-1325355147_thumb.jpg

I have very few regrets, but today I added another one - that I didn't try to reconcile with him sooner.

We're here for you Jose......

Shit.

This is really sad news, I wish we understood more about the brain to figure out and cure depression…not just mask it's symptoms with chemicals.

I met Ben here and he became a Facebook friend of mine. I just found out about his death when I logged in at lunchtime. I am so sad to hear this and I feel extremely sad for his family. It seems impossible to believe. sad.png

• Like 1

Damn. He left here before I joined, but just looking at his profile and a few of his posts, I see a bright, funny person. I'm sorry his dark side overwhelmed him, and that you lost such a long-time friend, Jose. I hope you and he were able to reconnect before he died.

• Like 1

Shit...I met Ben on this board years ago. So, so sad. 

• Like 1

Damn. He left here before I joined, but just looking at his profile and a few of his posts, I see a bright, funny person. I'm sorry his dark side overwhelmed him, and that you lost such a long-time friend, Jose. I hope you and he were able to reconnect before he died.

I wish we had.

I kind of kept up with what was going on with him through mutual friends and reading his blog and I was glad to see him finally getting his life together (or so it seemed). I had been giving serious thought to reaching out, but you'd have to really know how Ben and I interacted to understand why I didn't.

I never wished bad things on him though and I'm not ashamed to say that this hit me really hard despite having not spoken with him in a while. We worked together at multiple jobs, we were homeless vagrants together, we ran websites together, we got thrown out of nice places together, we were in bands, we toured together, we got banned from this very board together (lol, Nivek)... I mean,  I knew Ben as well as I've ever known anyone and I don't think there's anyone alive right now, including my family, that knows me as well as Ben did once upon a time. 

It's hard losing a touchstone like this. Even though I hadn't talked to him in a while, he was still out there, somewhere, and I figured (wrongly), that one day I'd see him out somewhere, we'd shake hands, have a beer, and catch up with each other. It's rough knowing that that's never going to happen now.

And the worst part is, I can't help but feeling like I abandoned him, like if I had just sent him a message a few weeks ago when I first wrote one (and then deleted it), that this wouldn't have happened.

This sucks. I'm crying and feel like a pussy.

• Like 1

Jose, I am so sorry that you are in this position. I cannot imagine your pain. ((((Jose))))

• Like 1

words

no.

No words for that.

:(

• Like 1

I am so saddened to hear this. My sympathy and condolences to you, Jose.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

My condolences, Jose.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear this, Jose. It wasn't anything you did, though. I want you to know that.

• Like 2

Rationally, I know that. And I'm not trying to make this about me. A lot of people on this board were friends with him. It's a group loss, not just mine.

I guess I'm still just shocked. It changes the way you see the world... there's NOT always time to say the things you want to say to someone. I knew that before, but fuck...

• Super Moderator

Very sad news. It's a loss for all but I feel for you most, Jose.

Rationally, I know that. And I'm not trying to make this about me. A lot of people on this board were friends with him. It's a group loss, not just mine.

I guess I'm still just shocked. It changes the way you see the world... there's NOT always time to say the things you want to say to someone. I knew that before, but fuck...

jose, as much as we are all shocked about this today, It is much harder on you. He was your real life friend. So this can be about you totally. I wish I could jump through the computer and fix you today. My heart is so saddened because....well...first of all.....I'm sad about Foxy.... but second...because I know you are suffering because you did not get a chance to have that hand shake you wanted with him. What do you need from us today. How can we help you through this?

hughughughughughughug