Goodbye Jesus

The Holy Spirit

Gamecock1973

Guest afireinside

Seriously though did Jesus exist in the Godhead all along or was he conceived? Is there a maternal side to God that can have children? I just don't get that he is the Son of God when you need a mother to have a son, a father can't accomplish that by himself unless he is of dual gender.

John chapter 1

"1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

Now granted when these words were first written Trinity had not yet been invented. The author of what would become John probably intended something like oneness. But Jesus definitely created his own mother and then got her pregnant after she reached puberty.

Hmmm. Which came first, Jesus or his mother?

If that's it, personally, that's the million dollar question. My million dollar answer is I don't know. Had an offbeat thought not too far back that Jesus might be an aspect of God. Seems like I was looking into some translations that lead me to that thought. I would have to revisit.

So then you'd concede that YHWH is both good and evil, as the source of everything that exists?

And beneath that omnipresent God who is by definition present in everything, including both good and evil, is this aspect from only the good side of this dualitic entity?

Makes sense that God be part evil considering good and evil never existed until God said the word. Is satan merely the bad aspect of God and just the antithesis of Jesus. Is God a jar of jelly beans and those aspects, Jesus, satan etc are just different coloured jellybeans?.

By the way who is Jesus' mother? I asked myself that today and couldn't answer it.

This is a slippery slope for the apologist, treading close to heresy. 

Often times the only way to try and get out of a tough question is to present something so contrary to Christian belief that it flies in the face of the church, all while in the spirit of trying to defend it.

Imagine trying to propose to a table of Christian clergy that God is split into 2 parts - one Jesus and one Satan. Now Satan enters the Godhead, surprise everyone!

So what's the Holy Spirit, they may ask? 

Uh, well, perhaps an energy field (enter New Age sounding heresy to the apology) which runs through the whole informing all things, including, of course, both the light and dark aspects of God - aka Jesus and Satan. 

God as the jar (realm which contains all of existence) then treads close to pantheist heresy - "all is God belief." 

And before you know it the entire apology has become self defeating to the purpose of trying to shore up some faith in Christianity. 

The more attempts to try and rationalize the problems of good and evil situation, the deeper the hole will grow....